Stone Circle last time we saw you, you were trying to kill everyone
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
All Welcome 
She'd been a member of Easthollow for.. what, hours now?  A day, anyway.  Banner stuck to Stark like poofy, short-legged glue for the night (which wasn't odd - he threw off too much heat for her to keep her distance in this cold!) and then throughout the morning.  It could have been her imagination, but she sensed that they needed a sort of break from one another.  Or maybe she was feeling just the right amount of self-confidence to wander around alone after the sun went down.  That was probably it, she decided with a brisk nod.  She and her brother didn't tire of one another.  Not so far.

Newfound sense of independence aside, she wasn't sure what she should even be doing right now.  Everyone had a job in any given pack and honestly it'd been so long since she'd lived this life that the new Easthollow female wasn't sure how she should feel.  Restless energy buzzed right below the surface and she knew that movement was a necessity, so Banner did what she'd always done when there wasn't anything else to do: wandering around the borders.

Following Valette's scent at the Northern edge of Stone Cricle's meadow, she paused every so often to inspect the markings and ensure they were still sound.  If they weren't in tact in any spot she'd have to make a note of it and report back to her friend.  The Alpha was a one-woman show here, might as well give what backup she could!
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The borders. They were an enigma, one Clary never quite considered of immediate worth, though she had always known of their existence. But ever since the morning she’d discovered her father, the curiosities surmounted. That was where he spent his days when he wasn’t with them, or so mama told her, and when he didn’t show his face today, that was where Clary would look for him.

She didn’t really know where the borders were, but that was easily solved. Wander in one direction and she was sure she’d find them eventually. Surely they’d be easy to spot - and she imagined a wall of the tallest standing stones around, surrounding and protecting their family’s lands. She still remembered the funny feeling their own circle had given her, and she shivered. Yeah, those would scare any evil wolf!

But so far she saw only grass and grass and grass, until her eyes locked on a dark smudge. She narrowed her eyes. Distinctively wolf. “Hello! I’m Clary!” She called out in her loudest voice, tail beating quick at the air. “Are you a mean wolf or impruder?” Mama said that was what papa protected the pack from, after all, and what else would be so far from the forest? She had never met a mean wolf before, and her curiosity won over any sense of caution she should have felt.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
A youthful voice carrying through the chilly night air caused Banner to pause mid-step.  She blinked a couple of times and turned toward the noise, her dark brown ears cupping foward.  Clary?  She was pretty sure the voice said it was Clary.  Wait.. what?  She frowned before turning to take a few steps back inward, away from the borders of her new home.

Her eyes flicked up to the sky - still dark.  Very dark.  Banner knew jack about the moon and stars or whatever, but she wasn't blind.  The moon was barely a sliver tonight.  Her bright green gaze narrowed thoughtfully as she returned it back to Earth.  I'm.. neither, she called out in her low voice.  I'm Banner.  A name for a name.  Seemed to make enough sense.  And as she drew nearer to the young wolf, she noticed just how very young the girl was.  Hi there, she finished in her low voice, stopping a good few feet away from the young Easthollow wolf.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
*grunkle zeke incoming*

Clary had the right idea of where to find Ezekiel, but the wrong idea about going there. The big grey male would definitely not have approved of her going to the borders, especially so late in the day. Val probably wouldn’t either, he knew that she was a very strong and protective mother. Overall, Clary being at the borders of Easthollow at night was a big no no. So when he was almost finished doing his last patrol of the day, and he scented his small grey daughter, he knew something was up.

Worry striking his mind and heart, the brutish male raced after her, afraid that something had happened to her. He wouldn’t be able to live with himself if anything happened to any of his kids, but especially not Clary. Nobody hurts Clary. When finally he found his daughter, she was standing in front of a dark wolf, who Zeke hadn’t seen before. Obviously, this was a bad picture for him, and he didn’t pause to smell the new Easthollow smell on the dark woman’s pelt, he stepped forwards to get in between his daughter and her, a growl rising in his throat.

Who are you, why are you so close to my daughter?
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
"Oh." Clary's tail dropped a fraction, but perked up quick enough at the offer of a name. "Banner - oh, so pretty!" She didn't know what the name meant at all, but did that really matter? The beauty of a name came from the wolf it belonged to. After all, wolves were only strangers until you had a name to call them.

Clary tasted the cold night air and scented mama's warm smell threading softly from the dark wolf's fur. But before her thoughts could fully form, a chilling noise rose every hair on her back, and the pale girl swung around, unconsciously shrinking a few steps toward her new dark friend.

The darkness obscured the one who approached, and the mix of moonlight and shadows clutched the girl and squeezed a trickle down her leg. But the voice she recognized, though hard and cold, and her ears cupped forward, despite the tuck of her tail beneath her. "Papa!" She exclaimed - but though he looked like Eezee, and smelt like Eezee, he remained uncanny, unlike any way she'd seen him before. Clary wavered. He made to move between them, but Clary sensed a strange danger and, without much thought to the consequence, moved to squeeze herself back in the path that would block the dark woman from her father's approach. "This is Banner. She's my friend."
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Clary, sweet as she was, caused a slow smile to bloom on Banner's dark brown face.  She was about to dive head first into cheerful conversation with the girl, but an abrupt presence ripped all thoughts and sense of mellow calm from her just as quickly.  Tensing instantly, her bright green eyes flew down to her young companion just as a deep growl reached her ears.  Her heartbeats began to quicken and she could feel the anger coursing through her blood as she frantically wondered why the hell some male would come charging in to destroy what had been a perfectly peaceful and safe scene.

Clary?  Her name had been spoken as a question - it was the only way Banner could ask if the child was okay without voicing the words.  When anger overtook her this quickly, it was a miracle if she could stop long enough to at least try and make sense of what was going on.  Her eyes narrowed to slits as she fixed the male before her with a definite glare.  The short lady was so focused on attempting to reign in her anger that she heard none of the words that had been spoken around her.  I am Banner, she ground out.

As she regarded the large male before her with angry eyes, it dawned on Banner that she had met him before.  That seemed like a lifetime ago.  So lovely to see you again, Ezekiel.  Her tone suggested that she did not think this meeting was lovely in the slightest.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel's eyes remained narrowed at the dark woman, and he almost started to snarl at her next words. But he was stopped by a small voice, and a warm blob squeezing it's way in front of him. He looked down to Clary who didn't look even the slightest bit afraid of the stranger. That didn't ease his worries though, he knew how trusting the girl was and he still hadn't checked out the other female yet. Realizing that his daughter looked a little frightened, but of him and not the other, he tried to relax a bit, giving her a quick nuzzle.

He looked back up to the other quickly, as she introduced herself as Banner. Banner. The name was familiar as it touched his ears, more familiar the more that he looked at her and began to associate her with it. When she spoke his name, it all flooded back to him, and he instantly realized that she was truly no threat. He allowed his grey fur to stop bristling, and his entire body to relax. His expression changed to one of apology, also realizing he'd just antogonized a new member of Easthollow. He had to make up for it quick before he ruined everything even more.

Sorry, all I knew was that there was a wolf I didn't know with my daughter, by the borders, in the dark. Should've checked checked before I acted, my bad. He said. It was a genuine apology, because from what he remembered, he had liked this wolf before. So you joined Easthollow? He asked, trying to skip over any more tensions and act like nothing had ever happened, if not for the sake of his relationship with his pack mates, than for the sake of his poor daughter, who he'd been trying to help but had likely freaked out.
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Uncomfortable tension sparked the air between the two adults, but Clary remained rooted in her place between them. She knew her papa wouldn't hurt her, and she already trusted that Banner wouldn't, either. She didn't know the woman beyond a name and a scent, but something in her gut told her the dark stranger was good, and didn't deserve the treatment Eezee gave her.

Clary accepted the nuzzle from her papa, but strangely found she couldn't muster much affection in the touch she returned. Her heart still hammered for the safety of her friend, and she locked her eyes upon her dad with a stubborn and firey stare. She wouldn't move until he apologized, or backed away.

To her relief, a sorry came quick, along with a murmur of recognition. Clary still stayed between them, but her body unravelled and relaxed, even as the tension died. The pale girl squinted up to her papa's murky outline, and noted a shift in his hackles. Eezee didn't really look angry anymore, and Clary sunk upon her haunches. Yet she rested herself against Banner's front legs, and a kept a hard gaze upon her dad - a possessive claim to the woman, to her safety.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
She noticed through rapidly blinking eyes that Ezekiel's demeanor changed - slowly at first, but then there was a definite shift and suddenly he was completely at ease.  Banner's gaze flicked down to Clary when she noticed the girl's slight weight rested against her dark brown forelimbs.  Oh.  Her heartbeat began to calm then, soothed by the gentle presence of Valette's child, but the harsh look did not melt from her face.  This male - the father of the child who had clearly taken her side in this spat - assumed he could soothe things over with an easy "my bad"?

No.  It wasn't that simple.

Banner released a breath and was thankful that it came out as a weary sigh rather than something more harsh.  Didn't want to scare Clary, after all.  She reached down to nudge the girl in the most gentle way she could muster and then drew herself back up to her full height, all the while her bright green eyes not leaving Ezekiel.  Clearly, she responded flatly.  Why else would she be so relaxed within Easthollow's borders, smelling of the pack to boot?  If you'll excuse me, Clary, she began, her voice taking on a softer tone as she addressed the child.  .. but I have work to do.

With that, the short-legged lady gave the male a stiff nod and eased herself away from Clary so as to not topple the her.  After another long look she turned to continue patrolling the borders, leaving father and daughter to sort things without further interruption.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass