Cassiopeia's View I see people turn their heads and quickly look away
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
She'd travelled far from Redhawk, and spent a muddled few days wandering the near territories. Titmouse had offered with him some semblance of a future, and yet she had not been able to grasp the opportunity; rather, the other male had no ear for her confession. And she saw no reason for him to, no reason for Titmouse to deny the healing and the comfort his home offered him. 

And so she had travelled in the general direction of her mountain home, though did not approach the verdant summit, instead angling south. Snow swirled around her as she angled her head down and climbed the ridge, which quite suddenly seemed to straighten into a stone shelf. The girl paused, squinting through the snow but to no avail. Blinking the flakes from her eyes, she remained still, suddenly feeling vacant. Could she survive the winter alone? Logic pointed to a solid no, but she had no desire to try her luck with another pack. Vaati wanted her gone, wanted her away from whatever might occur, and Moonspear was her own failing. She did not think that Charon would accept her back, least of all if he learned where she had been.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
The sky was dark. The snow clouds would certainly blanket the night sky, which perturbed Phocion to no end. Muttering prayers to the asteria as he went along, he had traveled south from Silvertip, not finding any of his previous companions there. It was much snowier here than it had been in the south, and the white wolf found himself having to quickly adapt to the conditions he had been brought up with--an easy transition, but a transition, nonetheless.

He soon came across another range and began to traverse it, flitting through the rocky crags, his pelt blending perfectly with the white maelstrom all around. Sticking out, however, was a dark blotch against the sea of snow, standing and looking out as if in indecision. It was close, not more than a moment or two's gallop away, and so he drew nearer, though not without a bark to let the stranger know he was coming.

The dark blotch transformed into a black-pelted she-wolf as he came close, her green eyes cutting through the dim light. Keeping a respectful distance, Phocion wagged his bushy tail, giving her a small smile in greeting. "Hello," he said, his voice a little hollow from speaking nothing but chants these past few days.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The bark had her hackles prickle and her ears stand on end, green eyes cutting through the snow to find the white male before her. He greeted her, tail waving loftily and smile easy to come to his features. She was silent a beat, regarding him carefully, before asking curtly, if not rudely, "who are you?" She had learned her lesson well enough after her meeting with Vaati, and there existed three packs she wanted to avoid, and she was not inclined to start small talk with one of their ranks.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
She was wary, and it sharpened everything about her--her eyes, her speech, her body posture. Phocion normally would have offered some witty banter in return, but seeing how on edge the dark female was, he opted for simple politeness.

"Phocion," he responded, his voice warm. "I used to live in these lands. I left summer before last, and now I have returned to see if any of my old friends still reside here."

He wondered what had happened recently to make this girl so wary, or if it was just her general demeanor.