Raven's Watch A trek to the mountains
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Weetzie subtly kept an eye on the other wolf to see if how he would act and whether or not he would be aggressive. He relaxed a little when the other spoke and didn’t show any hostility. When the other mentioned the presence of other wolves, he remembered his own surprise at how many wolves were around when he first arrived in the Teekon Wilds, but after several months, he had grown used to their scents.

“Indeed, there are many wolves around here,” he said in usual monotone voice without showing any emotion, “and I believe there are several packs around here as well.” He had crossed the mountains months before while searching for his runaway sister and had noticed several wolves’ scent trails seemed to converge on multiple locations, and he had suspected that there were packs at those locations, but the paranoid and unsociable coywolf had avoided them. He had done the same over past few days on his way here.

He briefly took a drink from the river as he mentally mapped the places where he believed packs to be located in relation to where they were now. After his drink he turned again to the wolf and said, “I believe there are a few packs nearby. I am pretty sure one is forming in the forest at the northwest end of this mountain range.” He turned his head due west, indicating the direction of Ravensblood Forest. “I am fairly certain there is another pack in the mountains due south, though I am not sure how far away it is from here, and I suspect there is another somewhere on the other side of that mountain.” He turned to indicate the direction of Blacktail Deer Plateau. “However, I have not confirmed any of them. I have actually avoided places where I believed packs to have claimed land. I also am with a group of wolves that are forming a pack further along the coast to the west, but that is several days travel from here.”

After a brief pause, he asked, “Are you seeking a pack?” He couldn’t help suspecting the other was seeking out a pack, which was the exact of his own attempts to avoid them.
Messages In This Thread
A trek to the mountains - by Ace - November 23, 2017, 12:31 AM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Weetzie - November 24, 2017, 12:26 AM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Ace - November 24, 2017, 06:18 PM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Weetzie - November 25, 2017, 10:42 AM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Ace - November 25, 2017, 10:21 PM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Weetzie - November 27, 2017, 11:14 PM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Ace - November 28, 2017, 12:59 PM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Weetzie - November 30, 2017, 08:11 PM
RE: A trek to the mountains - by Ace - December 01, 2017, 06:16 PM