Totoka River I'm going on --- WOW LOOK AT THAT
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
All Welcome 
Tapat took in a big gulp of air. First time being out on his own. This time he didn't get lost on accident. Now he left on purpose. He had a purpose. Find the beautiful grey boy, Lagan. But where or where would he be? Tapat had no idea where to start. He looked a bit lost around him. He decided that perhaps if he traveled along the river he would hit a pack. Then he could ask them if they knew Lagan and give him directions!

Tapat started with so much drive. He walked upstream and sniffed in certain places that attracted him with their strong smell like scats or rotten pieces of wood. Tapat wouldn't be Tapat if he would lose track of what he was doing. Even though his long-term memory did save the emotional decision of leaving Hemlock and his step-siblings, he could still forget what he was doing at the time. Now the boy was distracted by the slivers of silver that he could see in the water. Wow! Amazing! He tried to catch them but the would run away from him. "OH! No Wait!," he let out as he chased after them through the water. His important task forgotten for the moment being.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Crossing rivers might have been one of Weetzie’s least favorite parts of traveling. It wasn’t that he had trouble swimming. He didn’t. He could swim as well as any other, and he knew enough to allow for the river’s current when crossing. He just didn’t relish the thought of getting his fur wet and having to drag around the extra weight of the water, not to mention that the weather was cold and he preferred to stay warm.

He walked along the bank, looking for a fallen tree or series of stepping stones to bridge the river in hopes of crossing without getting wet. He remained vigilant as he walked along the bank of the river but was nonetheless startled when he suddenly heard, ‘OH! No Wait!’, followed by the sound water splashing. He turned toward the sound to see, still quite some distance away, a white wolf splashing in the water, perhaps attempting to fish.

Genuinely curious, Weetzie continued along the bank toward the white wolf. He made no attempt to mask his approach, but he remained silent so as not to scare any fish that the other might be trying to catch. However, as he drew closer, it looked less like fishing and more like playing. Perhaps he was chasing minnows? It was something Weetzie might have done as a pup if he hadn’t hated getting wet. He didn’t say anything, but sat down to watch the other play.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat was chasing after the slivers in the water but had no way to get to them. His fur was getting wetter and wetter. The weather wasn't helping with this current cold. The playful yearling decided that he would never get the slivers of silver in the water. When he turned he noticed that a bit further away someone was watching him. The pale boy widened his eyes. He hadn't met a stranger before but now he was on his own.

Tapat had always been friendly and open so he approached the other with a pep in his step. Perhaps he knew where Lagan was!! OH YEAH! That was what he was doing! He was looking for Lagan. The pale boy shook his coat out and then approached the other. "Hi! I'm Tapat! Do you know Lagan?," he asked instantly.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Weetzie had learned to expect the unexpected when dealing with others, but in this case, he was taken by surprise. He had never seen even his extremely sociable sister approach anyone so directly. He took a few steps back. He was not entirely comfortable with the wolf’s sudden approach, but even he could tell that the other was friendly.

In repsonse to Tapat’s greeting, Weezie offered a tentative wag of his tail, though his ears were flat against his head. “My name is Weetzie,” he said. “My apologies, but I do not know anyone called Lagan. In fact, I have avoided other wolves since my arrival.” In spite of his general lack of empathy for others, Weetzie still had some understanding of what Tapat was feeling. He had not forgotten how lost he felt before finally finding his sister. “Perhaps if you can tell me a little about him, or her, I might be able to help.” He doubted that he would be able to offer any real help, but he would feel bad if he didn’t try.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat noticed that the other stepped back but didn't think much of it really. His tail was wagging excitedly. He was eager to meet strangers that might be able to help him. His tail slowed down considerably when the other told him that he didn't know Lagan. "Oh," he sounded disappointed. Though what was interesting for Tapat was that this small wolf had avoided wolves. "Why would you avoid wolves?," he asked curiously. Not that he would remember anyhow.

"Oh Lagan. Yes. Okay so he is gray in coloring and... umm... he is very pretty. He likes to give kisses. Well... only to me I hope," he chatted. Tapat had to think hard about this. "I remember his scent but well, that doesn't help you really," he admitted and plopped down. "I'm Tapat by the way!," he then spoke, he had forgotten that he already introduced himself. "I must find Lagan because I remember him so he must be important." After all Tapat's short-term memory wasn't great at all.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Weerzie relaxed after Tapat spoke. Although he he seemed eccentric, he certainly didn’t seem to pose a threat. Tapat’s question about why Weetzie avoided other wolves caught him off guard, but he seemed genuinely curious, so Weetzie offered the best answer he could. “I have learned that some wolves tend to be hostile, so I try not to put myself in situations where others can hurt me. Usually once I get to know someone, I will know whether or not I can trust them.”

He couldn’t help but roll his eyes when Tapat described Lagan, the wolf that Tapat was searching for. ‘Gray’ was all that really meant anything to Weetzie. ‘Pretty’ was subjective, and Weetzie had absolutely no interest in kisses. He grimaced a little as he remembered the few occasions when his sister had licked him uncontrollably.

What he really found odd was that Tapat introduced himself again and then said, ‘I remember him so he must be important.’ Memory problems were beyond Weetzie’s comprehension. He wasn’t sure how to respond, but he did the best he could. “I cannot think of any wolves I’ve met recently by that name. I am sorry I cannot help much, but if I see him, I would be glad to tell him you were looking for him. If you could tell me where you headed, then if I see him, I could tell him where to find you.” It all seemed overwhelming to him, just as finding his sister had been a daunting task for him, but he was willing to try to help.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
No worries!

Tapat looked surprised that wolves could be hostile towards the other. Tapat felt his tail tug a bit towards his legs. Perhaps, he should have stayed with Hemlock. "I didn't know other wolves could be hostile," he spoke worriedly and now genuinely looked a bit afraid. The boy was such a puppy. "You can trust me! I've never hurt anyone," he returned to the other with a soft smile.

Tapat's shoulders sagged a bit. "It is okay. I am starting to think he didn't even exist," he muttered and looked upset now. "I am looking for the Caldera because that is where he lives. But I don't know where it is. I don't know where to start. Maybe I should go back to my mama," he spoke. He sounded like a 5-month-old pup but technically he was an adult. He didn't feel like an adult. "That is sweet of you. Can I help you with anything?," he then asked.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Weetzie might have thought Tapat was a pup if he’d had any experience with them. He had hardly seen other pups since his own puppy-hood. Even then, he had rarely interacted with anyone other than his sister. ”To be fair, most wolves have not been hostile to me, but some seem to enjoy fighting with others, and some seem to become angry without warning. It is good to know that you can be trusted.” He was not always inclined to believe someone who claimed to never hurt anyone, but Tapat seemed quite innocent to him, albeit a little off.

Weetzie paused for a moment, searching his memory for any place called the Caldera, but he could not remember any such location. ”The Caldera? I am not familiar with the place, but I could ask my sister next time I see her. If there’s a pack there, she’s more likely to know about it than I.” Weetzie was a bit surprised when Tapat asked him if he needed help with anything. Perhaps, if there is any place nearby to cross the river without getting wet. That would be very helpful.” It wouldn’t be the end of the world if he had to swim the river, but he would be happier if he could avoid it.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat nodded. Even in packs, there were wolves that liked to fight or sometimes would get angry. Though, usually not at him. The male couldn't remember many encounters he had that he could use as an example but he did know somehow that what the other said was true. "Yes. I assume you can be trusted as well," he spoke instantly.

Tapat nodded eagerly. "Thank you so much," he hummed. He was excited to have someone help him. That was very nice of this wolf to consider helping him. Tapat looked at the river and then thought hard. "I don't know if there is somewhere to cross the river without getting wet," he admitted. "Maybe further upstream?," he suggested.
49 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
I assume you can be trusted as well. The statement came as a surprise to him. In the past, he had seen wolves become frightened of him or hostile to him for no apparent reason. He often assumed it was because of he was not not a full-blooded wolf. He raised his eyebrows as he said, “Indeed, I always strive to be honest and trustworthy, though I must confess it is not always easy.”

Weetzie lowered his head a little and flattened his ears slightly, disappointed when Tapat said he didn’t know of a place to cross the river without getting wet. He turned his gaze upstream and said, “Perhaps. I shall look further upstream for a place to cross.” He took a few steps in that direction, then turned to face Tapat once again. He pawed awkwardly at the ground as he said, “Um… It was a pleasure to meet you, Tapat. If I hear anything of your friend, I will try to let you know.” With a stiff wag of his tail, he turned and trotted upriver along the bank, just out of the water’s reach.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat quirked up his lips into a broad smile. He liked this wolf. To Tapat this was just another wolf, just smaller. The boy nodded in approval. He strived to do the same. He thought I was quite easy to be trustful and honest but perhaps those traits weren't for everyone. Tapat was glad to have met this wolf though.

"Alright. Thank you so much," he spoke with a nod. "Bye!," he spoke with a hopeful tone. He hoped that he would remember this fella. Though Tapat couldn't even think of his name as he said goodbye to this coywolf. Tapat was starting to lose hope that memories would stay in his head.

Thank you <3