Otter Creek You will kill or be killed, it's about progress
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away

The answer he is given is not the one he would expect from this bloodthirsty pack of urban legend. It is, he finds, an answer he can respect. Though there is the ethical matter of how to maintain the wall of death, but Étoille has never been... morally lawful good, truth be told. "There is a phrase for that," he remembers suddenly. "Memento mori." Something someone passed on to him in youth, though he did not find much use in the phrase then nor now. He is unconcerned with death - he will go peacefully into the night, when his time comes.

He does not wish to push his luck, and yet. "I am interested in your way of life," the titan admits. "I am sure you know there is talk of this forest. Of a.. bloodthirsty quality." He does not try to sell himself as a killer - Étoille is a follower, for sure, but he is not by nature aggressive or interested in murder. There is a difference, he thinks, between acting on orders (if given) and pursuing death on one's own terms. "I am not... how would you say, interested in urban legends. But it is intriguing," he admits, somewhat sheepishly, a hint of a smile on his mouth. "Are you looking to bolster your ranks for winter?"

Here is the gambit. Ét-- Argent, yes, there is no elegant way to gather information without a little infiltration - at the very least he'd like to see the borders for himself, but he thinks: he is large and healthy and perhaps they need numbers (and if they do not, that is important information for him to deliver, anyway). 
Messages In This Thread
RE: You will kill or be killed, it's about progress - by Étoille - December 12, 2017, 05:00 PM