Stone Circle Tea time
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Banner !!

Valette hadn't seen much of Banner yet, and she really had good memories of her chocolate colored friend. She caught up with Stark but she hadn't with Banner yet. Stark told her that Banner also liked pups. Valette couldn't wait to introduce them to Banner. She was unaware that she already met one of her pups.

The female howled to Banner, only to find her current location so they could meet. She first wanted to ask Banner herself how she felt about babies before she would be that gushing mother that couldn't stop talking about her children. She loved them dearly after all. She also wanted to know if Banner had been feeling at home in Easthollow.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
A call went up in the chilly autumn air that gave Banner pause.  Hm.  Valette was addressing her directly.  Her head tilted just a bit as her eyes darted about, ears straining to pick up any unusual activity in her immediate vicinity.  Fortunately all she saw and heard were the normal, everyday sights and sounds of life in Easthollow.  Well, at least there wasn't some time of emergency happening!

Banner shrugged and lifted her maw skyward to let out a long note in reply to her Alpha.  She'd been spending time among the Aspen trees again - it was quickly becoming a favorite place of hers! - but she'd be happy to relocate and meet up with her friend if need be.  Once satisfied that her howl had conveyed all of that information, the short lady turned and began to trot in the direction Valette's call had come from, her body weaving through the black-and-white trunks with ease.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's ears perked up when she heard the other female howl in response to hers. The female went into that direction instantly. She moved within the forest and waved past the trees. It wasn't long until she saw Banner. A smile formed on her lips. "Banner!," she greeted excitedly. Her tail was wagging softly.

"I hadn't seen you after you joined Easthollow. So I wanted to make sure you were settling in well," she spoke. She didn't want Banner to feel unwelcome. "Stark also told me you like children! You should meet my three!," she spoke enthusiastically. She could always have some help with the pups.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Valette! she greeted in kind, blinking away her surprise as the Alpha female appeared near her in no time at all.  Banner folded her dark chocolate-colored ears back against her skull and made sure her tail was lowered in deference.  She drew close to the other female and gently pressed her nose to Valette's cheek, a familiar sort of greeting she tended to give friends.  When she stepped back, a respectful nod of her head was added for good measure.

I'm doing well, thank you for asking, she replied warmly, touched that the darker female would take time out of her busy day just to check in.  When she moved right along to talking about her pups, Banner brightened.  Ah, Murdock told me you had three.  I've actually met Clary, she offered in her low voice, shrugging off the less-than-warm greeting she'd recieved from the other wolf present that night.  That was a discussion for later.  Are they around? she asked, craning her neck to look behind the Alpha.  Maybe the pups were hiding out in the trees somewhere..
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette greeted her back in the same manner. She saw Banner more as a friend instead of a subordinate. Valette wasn't like that at all. She would only press on those matters when it was needed but Valette knew it wasn't needed with Banner. "Ah I am glad. I want this to be a home for you," she admitted and quirked up her lips into a kind smile.

"Oh you met Murdock! He is pretty close with Steph," she admitted. "I am not sure if they are around. I don't want to be the kind of mom that is on their heels all the time. I know other pack members will look out for them and teach them about the world," she admitted. She did howl for @Steph @Clary and @Ezra. She would love for Banner to meet the other two. "Ah, Clary. Such a bundle of excitement," she grinned.

"We will know soon enough if they are around," she chuckled. "If you like you can always babysit or watch them," she offered. "I trust you." She did trust Banner. And if she would have any knowledge about something she didn't Valette was very open with letting others teach her kids about the life of a wolf.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Murdock said that, too, she offered with a smirk.  Banner actually found it rather endearing how the earth toned male took to one of Valette's baby girls.  She also found herself agreeing with Valette's parenting style.  The pups could learn so much from the various personalities here in Easthollow - each wolf brought a unique life experience to the pack.  And, she mused while her friend sent up a call to her brood, they sure could learn a lot from a wide variety of adults in their lives.

She blinked a few times, once again surprised by Valette.  Thank you, she murmured, awed that someone could trust her so easily after being a member of the pack for such a short amount of time.  I think Clary could use a lesson or two on boundaries, she advised with a chuckle.  She bumped into me while I was patrolling the borders the other night.  She was probably just curious, but Ezekiel wasn't too thrilled about it.. Banner trailed off with a frown, remembering the nasty greeting she'd recieved from the male.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled. Of course, Murdock would have told Banner who was his favorite. It wasn't a secret really. Then again, she could tell that it did Steph well and she would only want to best for her daughter. Banner seemed in awe that Valette trusted her. Perhaps some would call her too trusting but Valette liked to think that she could sense if someone had bad intentions. She knew Banner from before and she was still the same, hence why she trusted her.

Valette's smile fell slowly as she explained about Ezekiel being his usual self. Her ears fell back on her head in displeasure with the male. "Wait wasn't Zeke too thrilled with Clary being close to the borders or was he a jerk to you?," she asked curiously. So now Zeke finally stepped up being a father he thought he could boss either of the girls around? Valette disliked hearing that. Though she had yet to hear the full story of it.

Valette checked her surroundings as she did not want any approaching children to hear this. "You should take everything he says with a grain of salt, Banner. Whatever he said to you. He might be the father of these pups but it is only for the last two weeks or so.that he decided that he wanted to be a father and to come see 'his' children," Valette spoke more under her breath, making sure only Banner would hear it.

She hadn't realized until now how much she wanted Ezekiel to be there for her after the birth. But he hadn't been there for her, he had just stayed in the background not even bothering to come and see them. Not even when she called for the whole pack to be there. He had been absent. Valette might dislike that Zeke hadn't been around until two weeks ago but she wasn't heartless enough to have her pups suffer from what she thought. She could tell Clary liked Zeke and she didn't want to ruin a father figure for her. She would let her children make their own opinion of Ezekiel.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
She hesitated to answer Valette and was glad because the other female had more to say on the subject.  Banner took a step forward and concentrated on the explanation of her Alpha's relationship with Ezekiel.  She didn't reveal much, but the information was just enough for a decent picture to be painted.  Her frown deepened and she shook her head slowly.  I'm willing to bet he was upset that Clary had wandered off so far, she began just as quietly, .. but he decided to misdirect that on to me.

She sighed.  I'm sorry, this sounds like a difficult situation.  Banner paused a moment to consider just how open she could be with Valette.  The urge to give advice and lend a sympathetic ear as a friend was strong, but she didn't want to step too far out of line now that she was a lower-ranked member of said friend's pack.  On the other hand, she'd been quite good at this kind of thing when Stark was the Alpha who needed a sounding board.  Have you had a discussion with him about boundaries? she asked, voice still quiet and mindful of young ears.  I hate to speak of him as though he were a child, but if he's just now attempting to be a father, he might be trying to do too much at once, she offered gently.  If that makes any sense, that is..  Ah, there was the goold old awkward trail off she'd been accustomed to.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded as Banner spoke. It could be a reason for Zeke to react that way, but to misdirect it, Valette disliked hearing that. Valette offered a sad smile when Banner spoke with pity. The female shook his head. "It is my own fault really. Steady passed away just a month or so, it felt like that. We had been waiting for my heat and he passed away before my heat came. I was selfish to ask it of Zeke," she spoke with a long sigh. Sometimes in one's grief, one could be terribly selfish. She had been hurting so much and the idea of children helped her through the loss.

"It does make sense," Valette spoke with a soft nod. "He always been protective and ambitious to work hard. Now he got it in his mind that he wants to be there for the children and it might be too much," she spoke. Though, she wasn't certain. "I will talk to him, ask him about fatherhood and see what he thinks what his boundaries are. It is definitely not misdirecting anger," she spoke. But Zeke had always been protective, even though, she was upset with him now. She doubted that it would change as the male had always been like that. "Thank you, Banner."
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph's head jerked up and her ears perked when her mother's howl reached her. She had been playing in a spot of mud she was lucky enough to find, and she was covered in it. Her tail wagged, sending little droplets of mud everywhere. Thankfully, no one was nearby for them to land on. While Steph was having fun on her own, she would not ignore the call of her beloved mama. 

With a bark, she bounded off in the direction the call came. A smile lit up her face as Valette and a stranger came into view. Steph was getting quite used to be introduced to new wolves, and being told to make them feel welcomed. The muddy pup greeted her mother with a smile and wet, dirty kisses before turning her attention to the stranger. Without being told, she pipped up, Hello, there. I'm  Steph. She smiled, a chunk of mud falling off of her maw as she did so.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Gentle advice already given, Banner felt it necessary only to nod in response.  Valette had decided to speak with Ezekiel about his role as a father and though this conversation had no doubt already occured in some fashion, it clearly had to happen again.  Not usually one to get in the middle of others' personal affairs, this conversation felt a little strange to her, but the hazel-eyed wolf before her was not just her Alpha - she was a friend.  You're welcome, she returned warmly, though it would remain to be seen how much good she had actually done today.

And then a small voice piped up.  Banner looked around, bewildered for a beat or so, before she spotted the muddy source of such a friendly greeting.  A young girl, the spitting image of Valette with fur a touch darker.  And she introduced herself.  Steph! she declared in her low voice, a smirk just barely emerging on her dark brown maw.  I heard you're Murdock's favorite, she chuckled.  I'm Banner - it's nice to meet you.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped his head in return as she was grateful for the advice. Soon after Steph came to greet Banner. Valette watched her proudly as she was welcoming and nice towards Banner. Valette taught her to be kind after all, and make new wolves feel welcome. "Steph, remember mister Stark?," she asked. "Banner is his sister! Isn't that cool. They are still together," she smiled, wanting to show her daughter that siblings could be a bond for life. "Just like aunt Nanook and I are also still together," she explained.

Valette gave her daughter a good glance. "I see someone has been playing in the mud as well," she chuckled and fondly rolled her eyes. She wasn't going to lick her daughter clean anymore even though the mother wanted to. She would be busy all day to keep her kids clean. Valette let Steph be in charge of how clean she was for now. Unless she would always be muddy then perhaps Valette would intervene.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While she was caked in mud, Steph was careful to be the polite pup her mother had taught her to be, even if she didn't appear that way at the moment. Pups will be pups, after all. Her eyes widened at the female and a smile slowly krept upong her maw when she confessed that Murdock said she was his favorite. Really? Did he say that? she asked, almost disbelieving. She just needed confirmation that Moo had, indeed, said that, and not someone else. It would have meant the world if it came from him.

Steph looked to her mother as she began to speak, nodding that she did remember meeting Stark. She looked back to Banner, as she introduced herself, and smiled. I liked Stark, she commented. She had no doubt that she would like his sister, as well. Steph hadn't yet met another wolves she didn't like, and it didn't occur to her that she ever would.

Her expression turned sheepish when Valette commented on her appearance. I would 'ave cleaned up before coming, but I didn't want you to wait, she explained. She had every intention of washing off before returning to the den, but she hadn't expected Valette to call for her in the middle of her play time.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Happy smirk still firmly in place, Banner looked to Valette curiously as she spoke to Steph.  Admittedly, she didn't konw much about her friend's family life other than what she'd just recently been told, so it interested her to hear that there was a sister in Easthollow.  Nanook, was it?  Hm.  She'd have to keep an eye out and say hello one day soon.

It struck the short lady just then that perhaps she shouldn't have revealed Murdock's preferences.  Steph's cheery, wide-eyed surprise told her that one, Murdock hadn't outright told the girl that he favored her and two, she clearly was quite fond of him as well.  He did, she admitted slowly, throwing a sheepish grin to Valette for good measure.  But you didn't hear it from me! she whispered loudly, an exaggerated wink serving as extra exclaimation.

The mud she could care less about.  Banner tended to keep herself tidy, but she had no such expectation of pups.  As for Stark?  Well, she liked him, too.  Most of the time, anyway.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette chuckled at the glee that Steph expressed. Of course, for Steph who was close to the male, it was important for her to hear. Banner seemed a bit trapped as she revealed that information to Steph. "Don't worry, Banner. It is not a big secret," she chuckled. The woman then grinned at her daughter. "Of course he does, Steph!," she confirmed with a nod. It was clear to see that both her daughter and Murdock were drawn to each other.

"Aww you are sweet," Valette hummed to Steph and nuzzled her daughter, dirty or not. "Perhaps we should tell Stark Steph liked him back or would that stroke his ego too much?," Valette teased a bit. She could tell Stark changed in the time he had been traveling with his sister. She couldn't lay a paw on it what had changed.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
While Steph had always sought out Murdock, and he seemed to always be available to entertain her, it was still nice to hear that she was his favorite. It made her feel even more special, and her smiled brightened. She giggled when Banner said not to tell, knowing there was no way she would let Moo live this down. However, she didn't have to tell him who told her. She could gloat without giving away that information.

Her tail wagged as her mother nuzzled her, and Steph didn't miss the opportunity to sneak a few licks to her mother's muzzle. Her expression turned puzzle at Valette's next statement. What does stroke his ego mean? she asked. She had never heard the term, or the words "stroke" or "ego" before.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Her Alpha's reassurance helped Banner to relax her expression again.  She hadn't meant to be the one to tell Steph that Murdock favored her, but she supposed it wasn't a bad thing.  The kid could use a positive male role model in her life and she doubted Ezekiel's ability to step up in that regard.  Of course, she didn't really know the man, but the two of them had gotten off to an awfully rocky start.

It means to let Stark get too full of himself.  His head will get too big and he won't be able to stand upright anymore, she half-explained with a smirk.  Banner tossed a wry look to Valette and offered a shrug of her shoulders.  She had some decent experience with pups, but she found certain things were just too hard to explain.  Maybe this was one of those things young Steph would learn on her own?  Or she'd just ask Murdock - maybe he'd have better luck.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Banner explained to Steph what ego was when she asked. But Valette had to chuckle a bit as she could just imagine that her daughter, or any kid for that matter, would take it too literally. Though the literal image was quite funny to Valette hence the chuckle. "Don't worry his head won't grow bigger, like literally," she quickly added. "Though the picture is kind of funny to me," Valette laughed.

She looked down at Steph. It was rather tough to explain ego to a young girl. But she felt that with Banner and her added piece they somewhat managed. "Often when someone has a big ego it is meant negatively. As they are often only thinking about themselves. However, Banner and I, were just joking and teasing Stark as he isn't like that," Valette explained. At least Valette felt he wasn't like that. She rather liked Stark.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her eyes grew round as Banner explained the term. Her brain brought of the image of Stark's head inflating to humorous proportions, and being stuck to the ground because it was too heavy to lift. If that's what having a big ego meant, Steph never wanted it. Then, her mother explained that it wasn't meant literally, but instead how someone acted. 

Steph was getting mighty confused, and simply shook her head, free of both of the image and of the conversation.  Sometimes, adults were weird. She looked up to Valette, Can I go clean off? She wasn't quite interested in their conversation any more, and while she had ever intention of going to clean herself off, she also wanted to get some more play time in before she did so. 

no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
wrap up? (:

Banner laughed right along with Valette - picturing Stark with an actual giant head was amusing!  Despite her wide-eyed amazement, Steph didn't seem to take her words to heart.  Hopefully.  She didn't fancy adding "scarring and/or disenchanting youth" to her wolf résumé.  As long as another adult was with her to explain life lessons, the short lady seemed to be doing just fine imparting her.. wisdom.

The girl lost interest in their conversation, which didn't come as a surprise.  Adulting tended to be dull business.  I'll go with you, she offered, bright green eyes focusing in on her Alpha as she gave a more subtle questioning look.  Banner didn't doubt that Valette trusted her with the life of her daughter, but to err on the side of caution was a wise choice.  Where's the best place to wash up? she asked, addressing Steph specifically.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette realized that this might be terribly boring for Steph. "Of course," she agreed to her daughter. Valette wanted to know where her other two children were and why they were missing a meal. Valette stepped closer to the meal. "Banner can go with you. I will go look for your siblings," Valette spoke. The mother picked up what was left of the raccoon and went to search for her other children. Before she left she gave Banner a friendly nod. She didn't doubt that Banner would look out for her daughter.

- Valette Exit! -
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Crap, Steph thought as soon as Banner offered to come with her. There goes her extra play time. Now, she would really have to go wash up and head back to the den. Her expression may have conveyed some of her thoughts, but she was quick to give her mother a smile as she headed off to find her siblings.

Turning to Banner, who asked where the best place to wash up was, Steph could only think of one place. Marino River! she replied. I'll show you where it is, she said easily, and turned in the direction of the stream. She expected Banner to follow her as she lead the way. She would wash the mud off of her fur, maybe play in the water a bit, and then head back to the den to get all warmed up for the evening.

Feel free to archive here if you like!