Redhawk Caldera I used to live there once.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
@Elwood and anyone who wants information.

Sebastian had decided to stay when he heard the news about the incoming war. He had been more reclusive lately. He did catch the other scents that had been visiting but didn't connect it to something big. After most of his kids and mate left Sebastian he hadn't been feeling like himself. He felt like a failure as he wanted to be a dad so badly and do well by his kids.

However, now Sebastian had to focus on the incoming war. It was going to be a war with Blackfeather woods. It was the home of his father, or at least, he didn't live there anymore. Sebastian had also lived in the forest for a short while. Perhaps he could give some information. That is why he howled for Elwood. Maybe he could make use of some of his information.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood had been glad when Sebastian and Andalusia decided to stay, both because the caldera needed the strength but because it also ensured his friends' safety -- at least for now. No one could predict what would happen when the war actually commenced, but he worried for any wolves wandering the wilderness these days, as they could be snatched up by the criminals of Blackfeather Woods without any warning.

When Sebastian called for him, he answered promptly, sending up a howl to let him know that he was on his way. A short time later, he arrived at his destination and found the grey-furred caregiver waiting for him. With a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes -- because it was hard to feel true happiness when one was consumed with worry -- he said, "What's up?"
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled back at Elwood when he came closer. He was glad he came so quick. Sebastian wished the help where he could as he didn't feel much for fighting. He hoped that it wouldn't come to it that he would have to fight. "You might not remember this but I left Redhawk for a while to rekindle with my father, who was at the time the leader of Black Feather," he spoke to Elwood. "I wasn't there long but I can tell you about the territory if you want?," Sebastian offered. "If that helps."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
There was no time wasted; Sebastian quickly informed Elwood as to the purpose of his call. As soon as he was reminded that Sebastian had once been a member of Blackfeather, Elwood's eyes opened wide. He had known this, of course, once upon a time, but it had slipped into the back of his memory. Now, he couldn't believe he had forgotten such an important piece of information.

"I forgot," he admitted openly, explaining the expressive change in his face. "Anything you know about them would be extremely helpful, I'm sure," he said, nodding his head eagerly.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian gave a firm nod to his leader/friend. He tried to come up with what he could remember at the time. "Their forest is quite dark, even during daylight. It wouldn't make sense to attack at night. They would have the advantage," he spoke with a nod. At night it would probably be too dark. "One side of the territory is a swamp. Very smelly and very dangerous. You can sink into the ground. If you know the routes you can thread there but I wouldn't advise it," he spoke another tip.

Sebastian thought about more things that could be handy to know. "On one side, I believe the north there is a river. Otter Creek? Perhaps that is our way in, if we go for a sneak attack. The creek will silence our approach," he explained. "They are very protective of their borders, so if we want the attack to be a surprise we shouldn't approach them normally. So perhaps the river as I suggested."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood listened raptly as Sebastian laid out Blackfeather's territory in more detail than Wildfire or Titmouse had been able to give. He couldn't believe how lucky they were to have this inside information, and hoped that they would be able to use it to their advantage.

"Is the creek on the side of their territory closest to us, or is it on the opposite side?" he asked, trying to picture the land in his mind. He imagined it to be dark, damp, and creepy, and shuddered inwardly as he thought about the kind of wolves that would call a place like that home. "We'll certainly want to avoid the swamp," he mused aloud, gaze remaining on Sebastian as he waited to see if there was any more intel to share.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian thought about it the location of the creek compared to the caldera. "Um.. It is, north of us. So South of the mountain range," he spoke with a nod. He was pretty sure it was like that. "So definitely opposite side from us. But I think that could work in our advantage," he added. He felt that they wouldn't expect them to attack from that side.

Sebastian nodded. "Oh yeah, and there are lights! But you shouldn't follow them. I think they were mostly in the swamp though, not in the other part of the territory. But once you follow the lights you are doomed. They said. It was all very creepy." Sebastian tried to dig in his mind what other creepy things he was warned about as a newbie in Black Feather Woods.

"And.... A tree!!," he let out. Sebastian felt a bit defeated. "I think there was something about a dangerous tree in a clearing," he spoke. "But that was far inwards. I don't think you will go that deep do you?," he asked worriedly. "There are many unkind things there. Many. You shouldn't enter that forest," he warned. Better safe than sorry.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Although the creek was on the farther side of the woods, Elwood agreed with Sebastian's suggestion that it could be a good thing for the Redhawks and Drageda. It would require them to swing around the territory, but he suspected that Blackfeather would not predict an attack from that side if they, at some point, got wind of the caldera's plans.

Sebastian continued to elaborate, remembering more about the landscape with each passing second. He mentioned lights that should be avoided, as well as a dangerous tree. Elwood shuddered as he wondered what, exactly, could make an inanimate object like a tree into something menacing. If it was near the heart of the territory, however, they would likely never come across it; at least, he hoped not.

"Hopefully we won't have to go far into their land at all," he said, frowning in agreement. His expression cleared slightly as he met Sebastian's gaze. "This is so, so helpful. I'm glad that you decided to stay. This information can really benefit us. Thank you," he said earnestly, feeling grateful for his friend despite the unpleasant circumstances.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's tail wagged when Elwood praised him. He nodded eagerly and kept his head lower than Elwood's. He hoped that this would soothe Finley's anger towards him. Sebastian quickly smiled at Elwood. "I'm glad that I could help," he spoke. "And maybe it will make Finley happier with me," he admitted softly to her mate. It was clear that Sebastian was still a bit affected by Finley's anger towards him.

Sebastian quirked up his lips. "We will be with many others, right? So Black Feather will be the minority?,' he then asked curiously. Perhaps that would convince him this war wasn't going to be outright terrible.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He smirked slightly as Sebastian mentioned Finley's opinion of him. While she hadn't been happy with him initially when he shared that he and Andalusia planned to leave, Elwood thought that Sebastian was now making up for it. Finley would certainly appreciate all of the inside information he had about Blackfeather's landscape. "I'm sure it will make her feel better," he agreed.

He then nodded as he answered Sebastian's question about the composition of their army. "Yes. Thuringwethil, the commander of Drageda, is bringing some of her wolves back to fight with us, and they are all trained warriors. So hopefully we'll not only have more wolves, but more experienced wolves," he said. He truly was thankful for Thuringwethil's assistance, since he and his family had limited fighting skills.

"Do you have any other questions? Or anything else that might be helpful?" he asked, cupping his ears towards Sebastian.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a soft relieved sigh when the other said Finley would probably be far happier with him. The male smiled softly. He was also pleased to hear that they were with more wolves, and probably also far more experienced. He nodded to Elwood. "I will try to brush up on my fighting," he spoke to him, no he promised.

"Nope that is it. If I remember something then I will tell you," he spoke with a smile. He was certain Elwood was busy and didn't want to take up more of his time than needed.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Last post! <3

"Sounds good," Elwood replied with a wry smile. He knew that Sebastian's word was good; he had changed his plans as soon as he heard about the impending war, pledging himself to stand with the caldera in battle. He hadn't been forced to do so (although Finley's anger probably had been a little persuasive) and he could have continued with his intent to depart. But he had stayed, and Elwood appreciated it.

He inclined his chin in another nod when Sebastian promised to let him know if he thought of anything else that would be vital to share. "Thank you again, Sebastian," he repeated, hoping his friend knew just how grateful he was for his support. "We'll keep you posted on everything," he added as he turned away.