Redhawk Caldera O' Brother, where art thou?
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
AW, though she's looking for @Sebastian

It had been a couple weeks since Aviana had spoken with Sebastian. She had anticipated him coming to her when he was ready, and had been patient. But, as the days drew on, she grew worried. She had thought he was going to leave Redhawk Caldera, join her with his friend, and they would start their own pack. But, surely him leaving wouldn't take this long?

Her instinct told her something had changed, but she didn't know what. Had he tried to leave and been attacked by his pack members? Aviana's brain immediately went to worse case scenario. She sighed as she approached the borders of Seb's pack. It was a strong border, and Aviana didn't dare go too close. She didn't know what kind of wolves these were, only that her brother called them family. Aviana raised her muzzle to the cloudy sky and called for Sebastian. Then, she sat back on her haunches, her eyes waiting for movement from within the territory. She hoped for her brother, but knew it was likely others might answer her call.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian's heart sank when he heard his sister's call. Not because he didn't want to see her but because he had forgotten about her. He felt extremely guilty. With the news of the incoming wars Sebastian focussed his attention on gathering herbs and making everything ready for the fight that was soon happening.

Sebastian rushed to the borders to talk to his sister. "Aviana," he greeted when he saw her. The guilt was clear on his face. Sebastian never could hide his emotions well. "There is a war coming," he spoke. "I ... I can't leave them now. It wouldn't be right. They took in my family when I needed help. Now they need mine," he instantly told her.

His blue eyes were battered to her. He didn't want her to fight someone else's war. But he also didn't want her to live alone as winter had already settled in. "I don't know what the best course of action is now."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She saw movement, and her eyes fixated on the wolf coming towards her. As soon as she realized it was Sebastian, her ears perked and her tail began to wag. She was so happy that he looked to be alright! But, the moment she realized the look on his face, she frowned and her tail dropped. He didn't have to say what he felt; it was written all over in his expression. He had forgotten about her. There was simply no other reason for such a guilty look directed at her.

But, Aviana said nothing about it. She was hurt, yes, but she was not willing to risk them coming together over something that would pass. Plus, when he explained that his pack may be going to war, she couldn't be too upset that his thoughts were elsewhere. A war was a very big deal, especially in winter when food and supplies would be so low. It wasn't a good idea, in her opinion, to be fighting and risking the health and lives of the pack. But, she was not its leader, and she had no say. 

She was not surprised when he said he couldn't leave. Such a difficult time for the pack, she understood that his loyalty was still with them. She sighed when he confessed he didn't know what the best course of action was in such a unique case of events. I'm not sure, either, Seb, she said softly. I could... I could join another pack for the winter, if yours doesn't have room for me. She could not stay a lone wolf for the duration of winter. She simply wouldn't survive.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian glanced at his sister, glad that she didn't comment on his guilty look. Sebastian wasn't looking forward to the war. He was not a fighter plus he didn't want to have his friends being hurt. Though he could help them with his medical profession. "I think that is for the best. I'd like you out of harm's way. It wouldn't be right for you to fight their battles. I don't even know have the war came to be," he admitted.

"Things haven't been going well for me. I hoped leaving with you would be my break. To have a reset but I can't leave now. I will have to do this for the Redhawks," he spoke with a sigh. "There are packs north from here. By the mountain range. There it should be safe," he spoke. "I can pick you up there if you still wish to join me."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her hurt over his forgetfulness of her dissipated, though was replaced by a deep worry for her brother. Aviana had never been in war, but she could imagine that the chances of their being no casualties on either side were slim. Sebastian said she shouldn't be fighting this war, but he didn't even know what started it. Then should you be fighting it? she asked him softly. She didn't want to try and tell him to leave, but she didn't want him to fight, either. I understand your loyalty, and if you want to stay with them just on that basis, I would not fault you for it in the least, she told him. But why fight a war when you don't even know what it's for? she asked. How did he know that he even agree with what they were fighting for?

She sighed. I will go find a pack, she said. But, please find me when this is over. I want to know that you're safe, she requested of him. She wished he would come with her now, especially when it seemed like it was what he really wanted. But, she did not want to make him feel guilty. She pressed her nose into his scruff. I love you, Sebastian, she said softly. 

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at his sister. She reminded him of his mother. So forgiving and nice. "I told them I will be there medic and watch the ones that can't fight," he spoke to her. "Whatever their reason I should stand behind them. And perhaps... if I have to fight then I will," he spoke, perhaps a bit mournfully. He had lost a lot. He was frustrated. He felt like he failed as a father, as a leader. Fighting this war could be a way to let out all that frustration.

"I will come look for you, Sister. I promise. I will not forget,"he spoke. He wouldn't. He stepped closer to her. "I love you too, Aviana," he spoke and nuzzled her back "Make sure to find a pack that treats you right," he spoke and smiled. "And don't fall in love because then you probably don't want to leave that pack," he teased her a bit then. It was almost like they were saying goodbye forever, like a true soldier going to war. But Sebastian would make sure he would return.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
If there was ever a silver lining of this war, it was that Seb may not have to fight at all. I hope that's all you'll need to do. I know that you are loyal to them, and they've been there for you, but... I don't want you to die for them. She couldn't say the words. Seb deserved so much more than to die in a war he really had no part in. 

She nodded as he spoke. I'll find a good pack, she promised. Then, she chuckled at the thought of falling in love. It hasn't happened yet, and I don't plan to before spring. She knew her heat would come at some point then. She hoped she wasn't on the move, as she would rather hide away in a safe place during that time. 

She turned serious again, knowing she would need to go in case his pack didn't like her being here. She had no intentions of staying, after all. I'll try to send word when I get settled and let you know where I am, she vowed. She didn't want him in the dark about where she was, otherwise he wouldn't be able to find her. She should turn, and walk away, but she could not will her body to do so. She was closer to him than anyone else in this world, and it was hard to walk away, not knowing when they'd see each other again.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian could finish that sentence for her. He knew what she wanted to say. Sebastian didn't plan on dying in this war. But life never went as planned. "I will be back before you know it," he assured her. He didn't want her to worry too much but he kind of knew she would. He was her sister after all.

"Please do," Sebastian spoke with a nod. "I look forward hearing where you settled," Sebastian spoke. He watched her as she looked doubtful in going away. He stepped closer to his little sister. She was from the same litter but still, she had always been far tinier than Sebastian and Nathaniel. "Maybe you can find Nathaniel in the meanwhile," he joked then though the joke soon faded. "I will see you soon. I promise."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He tried to assure her that he would come for her soon, and she wanted to believe him. But, it was hard. Wars never went as planned, and who knew how long it would go on? She gave him a soft smile anyways, trying to put on a brave face.

She nodded. As soon as I am settled, I will make sure I let you know where I am. She wished she could say when that was. At the mention of her other brother, Aviana nodded. I may ask around for him on my journey. She then nodded, giving him one more nuzzle before she turned to go. She would be back, she swore to herself. And Sebastian would be safe.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Saying goodbye was never easy especially when it came to family. He had said goodbye to her before when he left to find their father. It had been years since he had seen her. Now he was promising to himself that he was not going to take years to pick up his sister. She gave him one last cuddle before going away. "Goodbye," he whispered. With those words floating away he watched her leave. He hoped that she would find a nice pack.

- end -