Firestone Hot Springs oh, people can you hear me
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Private 
for @Sera. sorry it's taken ages to get this up. also I know I said GBW but he's flexible anywhere between the Sunspire & Barrier ranges and I wanted to get closer to your last thread

He awoke to find the sun still relatively high, and irritation prickled over his skin like the crackling of lightning. Phocion would just go back to sleep, if he were tired in the slightest. . .but he wasn't. He had been plagued by dreams, nightmares seemingly sent by Iliana herself, and was now restless as a result.

Rising to his feet, he shook out his pelt and stretched, giving a massive yawn as he did so. He had discovered this place last night and had found it to be a good place to view the stars while lounging in the steaming pools. His joints, aching from constant travel, had enjoyed the experience even more than he had. He had curled up as the sky began to lighten and fell asleep beside one of the smaller bodies of water.

His blue eyes narrowed to slits as he avoided the glare of the sun, looking for shade and finding none. Annoyed, he sat back on his haunches and shut his eyes completely, thumping his tail on the ground. Some wolves hated to get up too early--and he was one of them, though not in the usual way.
there are some who are led
7 Posts
Ooc —
sorry this is trash!!
The first rays of dawn had stirred the young wolf instantly, as if the new day sought to greet her personally. Sera took it as a sign, an urging onwards, and so began her exploring for the day.

This was how she found the hot springs-- climbing, jumping, and running like a girl on fire, only to stop for brief moments to take in her surroundings. The steaming pools of water first caught her attention-- they were a foreign sight, and Sera's ear twitched at the new discovery. The redhead was instantly enamored, first approaching one of the largest pools and sniffing at the steam rising from it. The damp warmth surrounded her muzzle, and her eyes widened in wonder. First, delicately, one paw in the water. Toes barely touching the surface, but when the half-expected sting never came and the water proved warm and soothing, promptly the whole wolf was in the water. Warm steamy water splashed up from the impact and she laughed, thoroughly enjoying her new discovery.

Sera was so taken with the hot springs, in fact, that she almost didn't see him-- until she did. Another wolf, close enough that a more observant individual would have spotted him instantly. She instantly felt heat flush in her ears, realizing he must have seen the whole thing, and for that moment all she could do was awkwardly stare.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
definitely not trash :P

One icy blue orb opened as he heard movement, and saw a fiery-pelted girl playing in the pool, looking as though she relished the novelty of the heat. And why shouldn't she? It was cold and blustery today, and the springs provided much-needed relief.

He resisted a laugh as he saw her suddenly stare at him, looking thoroughly abashed. Instead, he flicked an ear and nodded as if to say, you're fine. Carry on.

She looked like the sun in the morning, bright and garish against the winter surroundings, such a contrast to his snowy pelt. Giving a rueful sigh as he realized she probably wasn't leaving him alone any time soon, he smiled weakly.

"Great stuff, isn't it?" Phocion said, pointing his nose toward the hot water.
there are some who are led
7 Posts
Ooc —
One ear flattened against her head for a brief moment, and then Sera was giving a toothy grin in response to the other's words.
Yeah! She hopped out of the water, gave her coat a shake, and moved closer to the other wolf. He was just about the same size as her, and his pelt was stark white-- Sera thought it was rather pretty, actually. I'm Sera! Who are you?
So, she was a little straightforward. To put it nicely. She meant well, anyway.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Her enthusiasm was slightly catching, and Phocion's smile grew a little stronger, though he still felt as if Ileana was draining all the energy from him as he stood here.

"Hello, Sera," he responded, nodding his head. "I'm Phocion."

His gaze hastily took in his surroundings, looking desperately for at least some shade. It was a cloudless, sunny winter's day, and the sun, even at its weakest, beat down upon him with the fury of a sworn enemy.

"Do you live here?" Phocion asked, by way of making conversation. He had no real desire to speak to the girl--he wanted to sleep until twilight returned once more--but he supposed he had no more say in the matter, now that she had well and truly noticed him.