Ravensblood Forest the watchers time to gather
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Like an OOC interest check in an IC meeting. Constantine will reveal the culture he wishes for them to adopt and maintain, etc. Any wolf looking to join RBF can hop in as well! Tagging @Durnehviir @Samothes @Sunspot as it shows you're still pledged.
It was quiet – Samothes voiced concern was valid, and so the swarthy shadowrunner drifted through the forest, the gentle breeze of snowflakes reminding him that winter was upon them. The idea of disbanding before they even formed to seek out larger packs was not an option he was willing to take – and so, as his eyes fell upon a large and flat rock blanketed in moss, he prowled toward it. It was high enough to serve a specific purpose in mind he had, while the dark crimson dripping trees formed a glade of shelter for the wolves of the forest. This would be their meeting place.

Leaping up, the sinew in his haunches coiled like a spring, the regal lifted his muzzle upward, beckoning the wolves of the forest forward with a low howl. The late morning sun hid behind grey clouds and the ravens of the forest fluttered in, as if curious to what the wolves who had remained in the woods thus far were up to.

With his howl fading, Constantine settled his stocky form down upon the mossy rock – a pedestal, of sorts. It was time for the wolves who remained to officially pledge themselves – for the rules to be settled and for the others to learn of his final intentions for this pack. He had spent months considering it.. and now was the time to move forward.
all you have is your fire
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

the momentary hustle of the forest had collapsed in on itself. it made the tactician tense; perhaps his talk to the taciturn shadow set to lead them hadn't been enough. perhaps he's only so bothered by the departure of thelxiope, but she'd never been a guarantee and he does not blame her for seeking fortune elsewhere. 

the forest is not dead, though, not yet, and he still catches scent of the others here and there. when constantine's howl rings through the trees he picks up his pace, abandoning his lazy patrol by the border of the forest to meet him. he wonders why he's stuck around -- it's not as if blind loyalty is something he's keen on, but somehow he wants to see this through. he wants to see a spark of something great. 

samothes offers constantine a polite smile, noting he's the first to arrive, hoping he is not the only to arrive. "constantine," he greets, but does not say anything else yet, waiting to see what the swarthy man has to offer.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Ravensblood had lost more than half of those who'd pledged their loyalty. The healer Thelxiope had vanished, followed by her dark-pelted patient. Even the golden oddball, Spot, had grown distant over the weeks. Aria had disappeared more recently and despite her natural concern for a she-wolf in her fragile state of mind, Durnehviir's initial thought on the matter was relief. Her possesiveness of Constantine was what controlled her at times, especially now that she was aware of the swarthy leader's intention to court her. With Aria out of the way, the pair were free to continue without distraction or interruption.

She was paranoid. A fear of being second choice to her dark suitor remained at the forefront of her mind and despite his assurance that his interest in her was genuine, that niggling uncertainty continued to linger. Durnehviir couldn't ignore it, and so had withdrawn once again. In doing so, she had set herself apart from her pack-mates and was not fully aware of those who still called the forest home.

She would never disregard a summons from Constantine, and so went to him at once. Upon arrival, her pale eyes drifted between the two males who'd gathered and concern showed in the gaze that came to rest on Constantine's features. Three. Were they all to remain from their once small but thriving group? Durnehviir swallowed and settled in her place among the trio to await their leader's charge.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It did not take long for them to start gathering. Samothes was first, and the swarthy regal gave him a nod of greeting, his fiery eyes sweeping over the pale wolf. “Samothes,” he greeted in turn, his eyes then flickering to Durnehviir, who captivated his attention any chance he saw her. She glowed – but he did not miss the apprehension of the atmosphere from the two of his comrades, and bowing his head to her in quiet greeting as well, the shadowrunner remained quiet as they awaited for any of the others.

The silence stretched up, and a small smile curled at the corner of his lips, a gentle sigh releasing from his muzzle. It would seem they had become a trio, and he took such in stride. “We seem to be what’s left of Ravensblood,” he mused, choosing a formal approach as his own stocky form stretched out to lay sphinx-like upon the moss-covered rock he had chosen. “I have no intentions of disbanding this group before we’ve even formed – I have confidence that we’ll find others as the winter continues, and we’ll be stronger than ever.” He paused then, his muzzle canting as he looked to them both. “But I understand if either of you don’t feel comfortable being a trio during these harder months and wish to seek something else out. I won’t begrudge you of that.. but I do hope you stay.”

Again he paused, considering his words. “I want to grow this pack by bringing together different cultures from other packs I have been part of in my life. I want a pack of varying skills, but also one that does not back down from physical prowess in battle. To defend ourselves should we ever need it. Teekon Wilds is not always a friendly place. Every season, I would like our pack to choose a Council of three wolves to be my primary advisors and co-leaders and assist in the daily decisions of the pack.” He did not know how well such a system would work, but he was willing to try it – but he looked to his comrades for feedback, wondering if they even held the interest in remaining.
all you have is your fire
to stab my youth with desperate knives
154 Posts
Ooc — e
Away

durnehviir arrives and then.. no one else. he's known of thelxiope's depature but he had not realised spot had slipped away as well. it casts a dubious pall over their meeting, but samothes does not pull away yet, focusing on what constantine has to say. 

the shadowy man isn't giving up the fight yet. he watches, head tilted slightly, eyes sharply thoughtful. constantine had mentioned the council to him before, he recalls - he's glad at least that the man is staying committed to his ideal vision. either way, samothes' prospects are not so bright: striking out into the cold alone with no idea of where to go next, or sticking around and trying to scrape together something, something that could be wondrous or a disaster. 

"i'll stay," he confirms, glancing at durnehviir. he suspects she will as well, judging from the way she looks at constantine. "i'm in favor of the idea of a council as well - though i've spoken to you about it a little before," he says, smiling a little. there's something here, in ravensblood. it would be a shame to not pursue it.