Stone Circle I could lie awake
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
Thought I'd get the return thread rolling! @Cyron @Illecebra @Valette

The broken family seemed to be slowly piecing together, being pulled closer as they drifted away and in again like the ocean water at the edge of the land. The father had visited Burr in Morningside not too long ago, and he seemed to be doing relatively well. When he was better, he'd return to the safety of Easthollow - not that he doubted Grayday's pack was safe enough, he simply felt more comfort when his son was close by his side.

Illecebra was at his side, Cyron in between, and as the three wolves approached the borders and crossed them, Mawk set off in search of Valette to let her know the news. She would also most likely know of the nearest medic, or perhaps she was a caregiver herself. Either way, although the wolfdog had checked over Cyron briefly, he would like to seek more help and welcome his youngest offspring back.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The trip had taken alot out of the mother. She was definitely better than when she had returned from her wanderings, but even then she wasn't entirely well. She was still too thin and her fur wasn't filled in yet in the patches. Despite her lack of breath and the slowness in her walk she forced herself to keep up with Mawk and stay pressed against Cyron's side both to protect and comfort the boy. 

her eyes were bright and lively again and as they crossed the borders and Mawk went for Valette, Illecebra stayed behind with Cyron. "I'll take him to the den!"she called after Mawk and then to Cyron "Let's get to the den okay?" I'll get you warmed up and then mawk can grab you some food" her voice was gentle and she lowered  her muzzle to touch her lips to the top of his head. Unable to help herself she breathed in his scent, revelling in what remained of his baby scent. He still reeked of blackfeather beneath his own smell and she felt herself tense and bristle. Nudging Cyron gently
a crime so old
as the sky and bone
55 Posts
Ooc —
cyron is tired. his exhaustion can be felt in the dull ache of his muscles. it's an ache he feels more keenly now that he is sandwiched between his parents and some of the numb has ebbed and he’s not necessarily sure if that’s a good thing but tells himself it is. it is good that they found him, it is a good that he’s heading home but without the numb of the cold he is acutely aware of his own body in a way that he hadn't been in some time. it begs the question in his mind if it will ever go away. can he be fixed? physically, more than likely. it’s his psyche, the psychological damage that cyron thinks cannot be undone. as they approach easthollow’s borders he hesitates, unsure if he’s welcome, especially with the stench of the blackfeather wolves still strong on his filthy pelage; but both of his parents seem assured that he is and he feels a rise of shame that he's doubted the easthollow wolves. he's family ...isn't he?

“ok.” he rasps in surrender to his mother’s words and accepts them if only because he does not have the energy to fight them, to insist that mawk not waste his energy on hunting. cyron is hungry but cannot guarantee he will remain hungry when food is placed before him, or even if he does eat that he will keep it down. It was always a gamble these days. cyron does not want to see his parents suffer and hurt over him but he isn’t sure how he can hide the extent of psychological and physical state that he’s in. of course they can see he’s rawboned and unkept but there are things they cannot see, things that cyron inherently wants to shield them from. he leaves it to ponder at a later time when he is more coherent and feels ...better. the sterling boy begins to move mechanically in the direction that illecebra nudges him in, wanting nothing more than to surrender to slumber once more.

sleep is peaceful when nightmares do not plague him and as exhausted as he is he thinks that he will sleep free of both dreams and nightmares.
war ate a boy
and spat out a man
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette was by Stone Circle watching the herds when she heard someone approach. The female turned to see Mawk and then smiled at him. She didn't know that Mawk had been away with Cebra to look for their son. Valette greeted him. "How are you, Mawk," she asked the male. She hoped that they would soon find some of their children back.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He did not have to wait a long period of time at all before the figure of Valette became visible in his line of sight. By Stone Circle, he noted, blackened paws coated in a dusting of snow moving forward until the distance was mostly closed between them. A soft quirk of his lips in a smile announced his joy, and the sparkle that twinkled in his fiery eyes was unmistakable. "I... I am good, and you?" His deep voice replied, body almost itching to announce the news.

After awaiting her response, the male glanced around him and then focused his gaze on the alphess, unable to hide his excitement much more. "Cyron." He took a deep breath, eyes squiting. "I found... I found Cyron. Illecebra has just taken him to the den, and I will bring him some food in just a moment. I wanted to tell you... my boy is alive!"
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra's gaze fills with concern which she keeps hidden by walking just behind Cyron, guiding him in the proper direction of the den with the occasional nudge of her nose on his flanks. She can sense something is off but it doesn't surprise her at all, in fact she deems it natural. She is all too aware of the trauma that comes from these types of things and despite not knowing what exactly had happened to him at Blackfeather she could see it hadn't been pleasant.

Finally they got to the den and she lead him inside. There was fresh bedding on the ground and tucked away in the corner was the children's various playthings. Rowana's stick, Cyron's feather, and Burr's white flowers from a game he had played and brought back with him. She looked to that corner and shivered, realizing that by now all of her babies had lost their innocence in some way. Burr had wandered and broke his leg, Rowana...she was still unknown, and Cyron...her sweet innocent baby, he had been kidnapped and probably tortured and starved of food. 

Clearing her throat and resuming the motherly smile in her maw she lay down on the ground motioning for him to come lay with her. "Cyron....this must seem so...unreal. I promise you that you are safe now. You are home...everyone will be happy to hear your safe. I'll protect you...like I should-" she cut herself off and swallowed the lump of grief and bike that rose in her throat before shaking her head "Nevermind that...come baby, let me groom you" she said gently.
a crime so old
as the sky and bone
55 Posts
Ooc —
illecebra corrals cyron inside the den and he tries his best to hide the slight quicken in his breath as he is forced within the confines. it should bring him safety but all he feels is caged. once this den was a safe haven and now it reminds him too much of wolf skull cave and it’s pressing stalagmites that had blocked most of the cave’s mouth from ceiling to floor like the jagged teeth of some mighty, ancient beast. the walls and ceiling of a den that had once been the source of great happiness for him causes a tighten of anxiety in cyron’s chest and it takes all of his willpower not to rush right back out of it. there was no way he would be able to spend long periods of time in here, far too close to his place of keeping as a captive but he can’t find the voice to speak this hard truth. not to his mother who is so obviously happy to have him back. his demons are his own burden to carry, to face down; and he does not want to worry his parents anymore than he already has. it is warmer in the den then it is outside but he yearns for that biting chill, for the vast expense of open sky that reminds him that he is liberated.

his movements are stiff but he tries to curl in on himself in an effort to make the den feel bigger ( it did not work ) and he tries his best not to let his discomfort show as he lays down beside his mother. cyron is quiet as she speaks — though quiet is more or less his new normal — his ear twitching when she chokes on her words. he presses his muzzle to her’s briefly before she begins to groom him communicating it’s ok. he doesn’t blame her for anything — the only blame belongs at the paws of blackfeather woods; and one day when he was strong and skilled he would seek retribution for what they've done to him.
war ate a boy
and spat out a man
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was surprised that they found Mawk. The alpha female couldn't remember if she knew that they left the territory. But that quickly vanished as she was happy for them. She yipped in excitement. "I am so happy for you!!," she grinned. "What are you waiting for! Go! I wouldn't want to keep you away from him. You can show him to me once he is settled down," she spoke. She wouldn't want to keep the father away from his kid.