Wild Berry Meadow You're God damned right
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
All Welcome 
short post to get er done. Would love another @Kjalarr thread but AW

She moved in search of the small elusive seeds that occupied the few drives she had left in life. The rational part of her that remained knew that it would be scarce pickings in early winter, but the shakes and seizes had only gotten worse the longer she went without them. She would not be left a quivering wretch through the winter, and saw no alternative. Waiting it out would only kill her.

She took Kjalarr with her, just in case another fit took her in the open wilderness. She did not speak to him as they moved, her body intent on finding any sign of the red-petaled flower that would be her salvation.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Potema’s condition has worsened and despite himself Kjalarr’s thoughts drift back to the conversation that he held with Vaati very briefly; the thing was: Kjalarr wasn’t looking to be some knight in shining armor. That was never the role he was meant to play. He is just as much a blight, a curse as Vaati has accused Potema of being. Maybe that’s why he refuses to give up on her. He follows at her side dutifully, loyally as she seeks that which has made her dependent in the first place. He disapproves but besides the fact that he’s bound by blood oath to do as she commands of him he would not let her face the wilderness alone. She does not speak as they move; with her in the lead and his shoulder so close to her thigh that occasionally their fur would mingle in a smoky mixture of silver and ivory; his body language clear: I am the bodyguard. Tall and imposing with a frigid and unrelenting and eerie stare. Kjalarr doesn’t pretend that he can fix Potema and more than she can fix him but he thinks maybe their broken might not be so bad so long as they can be broken together.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema had to stop herself from looking delirious as she moved, but it was hard to do so. It was beyond her control at this point, her twitches random and sporadic. She snorted. She barely registers Kjalarr's movements against her fur, so focused is she on finding the blood-red petals in the snow. But a rational part of her knows that it would never be seen, though that rational part is quelled by her body's ravenous desire for the opiate, threatening to lead Kjalarr and her on a merry chase into hypothermia and starvation.
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
Kjalarr does not know much about plants but he doubts that Potema will find what she seeks. Winter has stolen through the Wilds and with it has forced into hibernation all means of plant life except those that are durable enough to survive it’s harsh and unforgiving temperatures. “I am not the expert here but I doubt you’re going to find what you seek,” He draws his salmon pink tongue across his jowls. “Your stronger than the addiction. You don’t need them anymore.” He attempts to encourage her, remembering what Vaati had told him. Kjalarr is not swayed, especially by a boy whose words of calling Potema a curse are hypocritical at best. Potema may be Kjalarr’s curse ( as Kjalarr is no doubt her own ) but Vaati is a curse of Blackfeather. He will herald their destruction; a child in power that should have never been left near any sort of leadership position. “Blackfeather Woods needs you, Potema. They need you clear of head and they need you strong.” He murmurs to her, glimpsing at her out of the corner of his eye while the one glazed milky scans uselessly: depicting only shadows and thick fog of irreparable damage.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Their search is silent for the most part, but eventually Kjalarr's words began to rumble behind her. Potema stops in her tracks. She whips around to him, instantly regretting the fast movement as nausea took over her body for a moment. You think it's that easy? She snaps. I'm trying, 

I'm not clear of head until I have one seed, She says it, but knows that it isn't the truth. The state she is now is the only time in months that she has some kind of clarity, accompanied by an oppressive weight of agony that clouds her as much as the poppy seeds. The longer I am without it, the more my body aches. Another lie. The pain had began to wane, only slightly, but the yearning still remained. She still believes that she would be a better person with the poppy in her presence, or tries to convince herself that she would be.