Dragoncrest Cliffs ||I don't think through things ||I never get time
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Joining 
Please allow @Bean to post first
Through nights clear and stormy alike, the pair had traveled relentlessly. For Prince, it was a necessary quest-- one final act of closure, to seal the wounds he had spent almost a year tending. By his side, his best friend, Bean; he couldn't imagine his life without the tiny girl, now. When finally they arrived at the territory of Drageda, it was a crystal clear night, crisp and cold and beautiful along the Sequoia Coast.
Deep blue eyes scanned through the darkness, trying to determine if he wanted to wait until morning. No... he had come too far to delay now, when he could still feel their eyes on him, cold and empty. Prince shook his head as if to ward off the sudden feelings of discomfort.
He glanced towards his friend as if for reassurance, then raised his head to howl out a call.
5 Posts
Ooc —
Bean looked over land with curious eyes.
They were actually doing this. Leaving the darkness of their past behind them in a fell swoop as she stared at the Sequoria Coast. A million eyes watched her as she stayed on the outskirts of Drageda's territory. It was a lovely night to flee.
The faimlar feeling of a certain pair of eyes had Bean looking over at her best friend. Prince's searching eyes glacned over her before he howled. She only watched as he howled into the air. 
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It is late when the call is made but, as most nights, she’s still awake. She’s gotten use to the absence of Wildfire, as much as she doesn’t want to admit it, but since the strain it has put on them she also has the absence of her children. Sometimes she can have a night where they’re available but their nearly grown now and she’s back to ways she barely remembers. Without anyone to object she stay and keep them warm or company, she begins to move from her spot in Hougeda and rots the length distance to the border.

The night is cold but the air is quiet and still, the moon is high and stars are bright, and she can hear the ocean much farther than she can on a different night. Eventually, she can see the pair here and there through the trees that lead out to the end of her territory and she moves against the rays of moonlight coming in. Her dark fur keeps her cloaked and, just as there is one moment she’s not there, they very next she is when she steps out and looks upon the pair expectantly.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Instinctively, he dipped his head. Prince did not recognize this wolf, but he recognized her authority, and that was something he knew.
I am Prince, and this is Bean. We are from Trigeda. He started to explain, keeping his head low. My parents were taking us both to Drageda, but they... died. It was still difficult to say, somehow.
The boy paused for a moment, lifting his eyes briefly to take another glance at the woman.
We had been staying in Sangeda until recently, and we learned to make ourselves useful. If there's a place for us in Drageda, we can prove ourselves worthy of it. He did not say it arrogantly, and the last sentence itself was almost a question. More than anything, he wanted to prove himself worthy-- of something, anything, but he had set his eyes on this and he would work his hardest to make it real.
5 Posts
Ooc —
While Prince dipped his head, Bean kept her's leveled. She saw no point in bowing to someone who hasn't proven their position was earned to her. 
Bean said nothing as she let Prince speak for both of them. It was something of a trait she'd aquired over the life she's lived with the boy besides her. There was no point in words if Prince could express what she needed for her. However, she did look over at him when he expressed the idea to prove themselves worthy. Bean only sighed deeply through her nose as she decided to go along with Prince as she watched the larger wolf.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The male lowers his head and begins to speak, introducing him and his friend. She glances toward the female that hasn’t moved her posture since her arrival and the fur along her nape raises but the darkness cloaks her dark fur. Hardened, slate eyes remain on Bean as her friend finishes their explanation. The fact they are from Trigeda takes her guard down but not by much, considering Bean’s lack of etiquette at the center of their coalition.

“I see,” she says slow and smooth, briefly looking to the boy. In a few words, he has given her enough to form questions with no real direction. They are young enough to not have known Seageda, or even her, but their parents would have known, especially if they were coming to Drageda at some point after its move and Sangeda’s genesis that involved uprooting their family. “And calling for someone in the middle of the night was a good idea to you?” she asks, eyes landing hard on Bean again. “Who are your parents?” she asks a beat later to the both of them.
Trigedasleng · Common
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
A part of Prince felt shamed, and another part was irritated-- not at the woman, but at his companion. Bean could be so tactless.
Just as he was about to apologize for his own foolishness, he was met with another question.
My mother was Lúthien, and my father was called Trigger. He wasn't quite sure who Bean's parents had been, only that they died, so he kept quiet about her part (for once). I'm sorry I disturbed you at this time, I just...
Prince sighed softly. I've been eager to be done with this journey.
5 Posts
Ooc —
Bean was mostly silent as she watched Prince. His silence on the whole matter of who her parents were was an interesting sight given how openly he'd speak for her. Maybe it was punishment for how she behaved towards the older woman. Or, out of possible respect for her. Bean didn't know and a part of her didn't care about why he didn't speak for her as well. It just meant she'd either have to explain or remain silent on the subject as a whole.
The white wolf was tempted to remain quite. See if maybe the woman would believe if she was mute or simply incapable of forming words. However, the way she stood and looked at Bean made her hesitate. It was clear she demanded some sort of repect or subimssion or there would be consquences. She made a soft noise in the back of her throat as she spoke up. "I have none. Mine died when I was young."
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
When Prince speaks again, she turns her eyes toward him. He easily gives her the information she asks for but she frowns. Lúthien had been a good warrior in Seageda and to hear they’d been attempting to come to Drageda with their children makes her a little homesick. Seageda had once been the biggest of the branches, the capital of their way and where their commander lives. Drageda is large, but not as big as Trigeda and though their commander lives here, it will take time to recreate what they’d once had. Bean’s blatant display of disrespect only shows how little of an impact she really has on them anymore.

“I understand,” she says, addressing Prince. “It’s a long journey.” She has questions about his parents that she doesn’t feel she has time to answer when she still has the other to deal with.

Prince has his manners intact but his companion doesn’t seem to share the same views; something that isn’t going to be tolerated by one of her own in her own domain. Bean’s absence of parents from a young age shouldn’t have made a difference when the rest of the pack bands together to care for the young and teach them their ways just as any other. “They still have names,” she tells her, turning her hard, less than impressed gaze to the pale female. “And if they were Trigeda wolves, I would know who they were,” she says but this time she growls and shows obvious signs of displeasure. Her lips curl up, her fur bristles around her nape, and she tightens her tail over her spine. “You do not come to my home and disrespect your commander,” Thuringwethil then says. Even the most conservative of wolves still bow in her presence.
Trigedasleng · Common
5 Posts
Ooc —
Permission given to skip Prince 

Bean was silent for a moment as the hairs on her spine rose up. She could tell that the woman in front of her was close to lashing out at her as she looked towards the ground. Personally, she didn’t care if she was allowed to join the clan or not. This is what Prince wanted and regardless of what she thought or wanted, Bean had to do this. She bowed her head under the pressure soon enough.

Kunz and Silke.” Bean kept her voice low and tail tucked as she spoke. It took her a few minutes to even remember their names. She wasn’t sure if those were her parents, but those were the names that Prince’s mother gave her when she asked about them once. The rest of what the darker woman said didn’t get a large response from Bean as she bit her tongue. She wasn’t doing this for herself, she was doing this for Prince and she needed to remind herself that. “I didn’t mean to disrespect you. I apologize for doing so.” Bean kept her words short and to the point as she kept her eyes down.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl seems to finally get it after it is revealed whom she is but the proper respect should have been given to begin with. Prince does have anything to add, though she expected him to defend her, and her eyes turn away when she finally speaks the names of her parents. It is familiar, and she can remember them, but they had not been close. Not like Prince and his late mother. She glances to him briefly before she makes her decision.

It is not often she is given trouble from wolves under her rule, or from her homeland, and part of her wants to send them back (specially Bean) but winter is upon them and war is around the corner. They’ll be leaving soon. ”Welcome, then,” she says, ”regardless of your place in Trigeda—or Sangeda—you’ll earn your keep here too.” Thuringwethil takes a step back, letting them decide where to go from there. She won’t be letting them into Hougeda anytime soon. ”We are currently preparing for a war with another pack here. You should tend to preparation.”

After one final look to both of them, she turns and disappears back the way she came.
Trigedasleng · Common