Razorback Ridge Winter at it's finest
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
The sun disappeared behind a grey overcast, and a great stillness fell over Razorback Ridge. After that a howling blast of freezing wind rose, making the trees sway vigorously back and forth.  It grew dark, and salt-like snow began hissing across the ground. Whisper braced herself as she attempts to make it back to a vacated bear den she found, a bleeding hare lay dead between her jaws.
29 Posts
Ooc —
The large canine scooted down the hill to make his way to the undergrowth, his golden eyes wandering to the serpentine path. Without thinking too much, he decided to choose that long path to search for a temporary den. Narrowing his gaze slightly, he noticed the small changes in the environment. The forest floor that was dappled with lambent flecks was slowly being expelled from the valley – the darkness was taking its place. The sunlight was nowhere in sight due to the clouds that overspread the sky. Ace advanced at a glacial pace, his wispy tail swaying from the left to the right. His black fur began to rustle in the wind. He could feel the cold that was surging through his body. An idea occurred to his mind as he started to run as fast as possible. He tried to gain heat in his body. The velocity of the passing brute caused the dark bushes to quiver.

It wasn’t long before he caught something in his nose. The aromatic thyme caused him to halt in the middle of the path. His vision flicked back and forth between the rocks as he surveyed the whole area with excitement. Shortly afterwards, he found the frozen thyme that was standing within a thicket of trees. Opening his mouth, he picked up the green plant and he moved onward with a soft smile that stretched across the corner of his maw. He knew exactly what to do with the herb, but first he had to concentrate on finding a den. Another scent reached his nostrils and this time the scent was coming from a female wolf. His senses suddenly whipped into absolute focus as he scanned around, his visage turning into a wary glance. After taking a few forward steps, the petite wolf appeared in his vision. He could see that she was holding a lifeless creature in her sharp teeth. He took a brief moment to study her, and then he was about to leave the place.

The strong wind swept over the valley again and it caused the thyme to slip between Ace’s jaws. The plant was flowing in the air and it was heading in the direction of the female wolf. He whirled around briskly before running after the herb. He came to an abrupt halt when the thyme reached the ground and it was just beside the other canine. He couldn’t move closer to her now – or else he could be in trouble. Ace knew that most of wolves tended to be belligerent and protective when they carried a prey. This female might be one of them, but she might also be gentle as a lamb. However, Ace was only speculating – he doesn't know how she would react upon seeing him. He remained quiet and mused, his calm eyes locking upon the nearby wolf.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper was interrupted in her thoughts by the sound and a scent, her ears pricked up as she tries to listen for it. All she heard however was the howling of the cold wind, but with that very wind it brought forth a scent of a male lone wolf. Whisper turns her head slightly towards it's direction. It had been many months since she had seen another wolf and now here she was looking straight at one. She was hesitant to speak at first, because of her prey she held in her mouth and she was unsure of this males intentions. Standing there made her paws start to hurt from the snow. The young wolf decided to break the silence between the two as she lays her kill in between her paws. "May I help you?" Might as well go straight to the point, the weather will be getting worse as the day goes on. Whisper did not want to be caught outside when it did.
29 Posts
Ooc —
Ace perked his medium ears at the feminine voice that was coming from the same wolf. Outwardly, there were no signs of aggression in her. She seemed gentle so far, but she was nicer when she was offering him help. He never expected to receive a question like that from a stranger. He felt somehow bizarre to hear that sentence because no one had ever offered him some help. During his lifetime, Ace would always do his important things by himself, and he had been living like that since he was very young.

The brute inclined his head in a cordial greeting. His wary look disappeared as he grinned nervously. “Oh no thanks, it’s fine. I don’t need help. I’m just here to pick up the thyme that I dropped.” He spoke gently to the female wolf. Shifting his gaze, he gestured towards the plant with his head to show her the location. “The thyme is lying down beside you. I’m just going to pick it up okay? I promise I won’t hurt you or steal your prey.” His nervous grin faded away as he gave her a serene look. He made that face to show her that he wasn’t kidding. He was being truthful. Taking a soft breath, he walked slowly towards the herb. The more he approached the more he could clearly see the brownish-orange canine.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper nodded at the wolf in approval as she cautiously watched him make his way towards the plant. She however did not let her guard down. She found truth lace his voice as he spoke. The young she-wolf's curiousity took hold as she began to speak. "What is the plant for, if you don't mind me asking of course." Whisper responded softly as she looked at him
29 Posts
Ooc —
The harsh wind was bitterly cold and it wouldn’t cease to blow towards the south. The lithe branches were agitated simultaneously, sighing softly in the air. Ace reacted swiftly when the thyme was moving again on the ground. He was able to hold the frozen plant in time with his front paws. He never thought that today would be so windy. Walking in the strong wind could be very dangerous. The trees could collapse and hurt someone. The brute looked down at the female wolf, his black fur still fluttering into disarray. “This plant is called thyme. It’s a special herb that can benefit your health. I use it a lot when I’m sick. If you ever have a sore throat, try to drink fresh water with chopped thyme. It will heal your throat like magic. Trust me. The thyme can also eliminate the bad bacteria in your stomach.” He nodded serenely before speaking again. “Plus, this herb is very good for skin infections.” He said softly with a weak smile that flickered across his face. Ace quickly flicked his gaze in the direction of the trees. He cast a cautions glance and scrutinized each of them. The trees were moving in the wind like madness, but they were solid for now. He hoped that none of them would fall down.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper had met many lone wolves in her time here and none had been nearly as nice as him. She too noticed the tree's and began to speak up. "I have a den over that way...." The young she-wolf pointed her head west. "Your welcome to stay until the storm passes if you'd like." She thought it would of been rude as to leave him out here in the harsh weather, seeing as he had been kind to her.
29 Posts
Ooc —
Ace hesitated for a moment, debating whether to go to the female’s den or make his own den. He never visited someone’s den before. Ever since he was a young wolf, he had been creating his den independently. Living and sleeping alone in his den had become a huge habit for him. He was so used to living in solitude that now he remained uncertain about the female’s invitation. Should I really go with her? What happens if I take all the space? She might feel uncomfortable. His own voice echoed inside his head. Ace gave the small wolf a thoughtful look, reflecting upon her invitation. He realized that he doesn’t have much time to think. He had to act swiftly and decisively before the weather would become worse. He shook his body to remove the white flakes. “Holy cow! It’s very cold today!” He picked up the thyme with his teeth and waited for the she-wolf. “I.. I will come to your den.” He said with a hint of hesitation in his voice. “We better hurry up or else the wind will take us right up into the sky.” He turned towards the west.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper felt the dramatic change in the weather and she noticed the dark coated males internal conflictions. Ultimately she agreed as she headed towards the direction of her den, slowing her pace every so often, so that the male wolf can keep up. Once they arrived she walked inside. "Well this is it."
29 Posts
Ooc —
Ace shifted his vision and glanced at the dead hare. The female wolf had forgotten to carry her prey to her den. Maybe she got so distracted by the treacherous weather? Without hesitation, the male wolf opened his maw to let his medicinal herb flowing away in the wind. He paddled up to the lifeless animal and he picked it up with his jaw. Whirling around, he followed the she-wolf, dodging low branches and rocks. It only took him a few minutes before he arrived at her den. As soon as he entered the rocky corridor, he paced the ground slowly, his black ears flattened against his skull. “Hey you forgot your meal.” Ace lowered his head and dropped the hare near her front paws. He took a few steps backwards to keep a respectful distance from her. He took a seat on the ground, his calm eyes roaming around the tunnel.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
His kindness shocked the she-wolf once more as she looked down at the hare that she had legt then back at the lone wolf. "Your welcome to have some if you'd like." She thought of what her mother would have done in her situation and that made her happy. Whisper laid down to rest as she peered out through the entrance of her den as the fresh white snow began to fall.
29 Posts
Ooc —
The large wolf listened to her words, his golden orbs now fixing on her. He was quiet as he cogitated about whether to eat the hare or not. He hadn’t eaten for a while, which he was a bit hungry right now. However, he already made his decision. “You can have the whole meal. You need it more than I do.” He thought it would be better if the female consumed the half hare today and kept the other half for tomorrow. Besides, she lived here all alone, so she definitely needed to save her food for the next day. Not breaking his stare, he spoke again to the she-wolf. “It would be great if we could call each other our names. I’m Ace. What’s your name, young one?” He tilted his head to the side, his thick tail wrapping around his paws. His left ear twitched a bit as he could hear the sound of the wind that was coming from the entrance.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whsiper lifted her head and sat down before she spoke. "My name is Whisper, nice to meet you." The she-wolf said softly as she tore a peice off of the hare and began to chew the tender peice of meat, She respected his decision and decided not to press te issue anymore. After she had her fill, she curls up and looks at the wolf.
29 Posts
Ooc —
The brute gave her a gentle nod. He dropped onto the floor, his legs folding beneath his large body. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Whisper. Thank you for inviting me to your den. I appreciate your kindness.” His gentle voice fled from his maw. Carefully, he laid his head on the solid ground, his eyes gluing to the entrance. The fluid movement of the falling snow seemed to mesmerize him. Each of them was glinting in the sun’s soft radiance. They were beautiful, and Ace could watch them for hours. “I’m going to take a little rest, if you don't mind.” He glanced back at the female wolf. His legs shifted again as he placed his muzzle on the top of his front paws. His golden eyes were about to close.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper nodded. "Your welcome and go right ahead." In all honesty the young she-wolf was feeling awefully tired herself aswell. Whisper hadn't had a full night's rest in forever due to the fact that she was constantly hunting and watching her den just in case another wolf tried to force their way into her den or steal her food. Many other wolves have tried but she managed to drive them off.
29 Posts
Ooc —
After an hour, Ace fell into a deep slumber. His front legs were starting to move a bit. He began to dream and the flashback appeared in his inner mind. In his dream, he was a very young wolf and he was walking alone in the darkness. He was desperately looking for his mother and his siblings. Not far from where he stood, an amorphous figure came out from behind the thick fog. An ominous laugh began to ripple through the dark cave. Ace doesn’t know who it was, but the laugh was familiar and the unknown figure was getting closer and closer. His enormous father emerged from the fog with a malevolent smile that cracked the corner of his lips. He was walking towards his son. Ace shut his eyes and breathed heavily. The frisson of alarm went through his little body. He was getting ready to feel usual pain from his father’s claw, but he felt nothing. Opening his eyes, he realized that his father was ignoring him. He was going after his mother instead. Ace’s eyes were getting watery when his father approached his injured mother. He knew exactly what he would do to her. He would see that terrible scene every single day. His nightmare stopped.

Ace was still sleeping next to Whisper. He was turning frequently on the ground. Once he opened his maw, he emitted a low growl, and then he growled again, but a bit louder this time. He rolled on the surface again, his paws trembling as he bared his teeth fiercely. He returned to his previous nightmare. The little Ace was still standing in front of his parents. He rubbed his eyes and he glared at his father. Bravely, he lunged at him with his full speed. He could see that his father was raising his bloody claw to hit his mother. Ace bared his little teeth, his paws touching his vicious father. “Leave her alone!” The adult Ace spoke in a guttural voice. His words were reverberating through the den. His nightmare stopped again, but he had a difficult time to wake up.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper woke up suddenly to the sound of Ace haveing a nightmare. At first the she-wolf could not figure out what to do, taking a deep breath she nudges the wolf and speaks in her natural soft voice. "Hey, wake up. Your hsving a nightmare." Whisper remembered when she used to have nightmares and her mother used to snuggle up with her until she fell back asleep. She looks at the male as she waits for him to wake up.
29 Posts
Ooc —
The enormous canine awoke with a start at the female’s voice. “Ahh!” He uttered a shout and stood up quickly, his sleepy gaze turning rapidly towards Whisper. “Aah!” He flinched away as he raised his right paw towards her face. He stopped immediately. His claw almost touched her muzzle. It was so close. Fortunately, Ace was able to control himself in a split second. Without breaking his intense stare, he inhaled and exhaled heavily, his heart fluttering wildly. He was completely awake now and he got a much clearer vision of what he was doing right now. Ears flattening down, Ace eyed his right paw, and then he looked at Whisper pityingly. “I’m.. I’m sorry Whisper.” He dashed toward the entrance and he exited the den. He was running in the forest like the wind. Eventually, he came to a stop to regain his composure. He sat on the snow and he took a moment to ruminate silently on his bad actions. He remembered the first moment when he had met Whisper and he had promised her that he would never hurt her. However, he almost broke his promise.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper stumbled back as she see's the wolf's paw, she had startled him and she knew she shouldn't of done that. He stuttered when he talked as he told her sorry. The she-wolf watches the male dash out of her den in a hurry. She contemplated for a moment of if she should chase after him or not. Ultimately she makes her decision and decides to do so. Whisper sprints out of her den following Ace. "Hey wait!" She calls out.
29 Posts
Ooc —
Ace’s quiet contemplation was interrupted by Whisper’s voice. He could hear her voice echoing across the woods. He turned his head and looked over his shoulder, gazing reflectively at the brownish-orange wolf. He was surprised that she was actually following him from path to path. Shouldn’t she be scared of him? Ace thought he would never see her again, especially after what he did to her, but he was wrong. She was still there, running after him as if she was looking for her best friend. The black wolf didn’t know what to say next. He already apologized to Whisper, but was it enough? I don’t think so.. He remained quiet and mused in the cold wind. His visage and black fur was being gradually covered by snowflakes. Lowering his skull, he was trying to remember why he woke up so brusquely. Ah. He remembered now. He had a terrible nightmare about his father hurting his beloved mother. He felt discontent when he thought about the nightmare because this tragedy had already happened to him in his childhood. He couldn’t find a way to forget about his past. However, he was feeling more than discontent when he thought about Whisper. He almost hit her at the den. How terrifying… Ace gave her a pathetic glance. He was still quiet as a heart that beat no more.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"What happened back there?" The she-wolf asked, she wanted to help him. The second wave was about to hit as the icy wind picked up it's pace, sending a chill up Whisper's spine. Light snowfall started to lay on the already white ground. She cared not though, fore something told her to help the male in anyway that she could, even though her instincts told her to seek out shelter.
29 Posts
Ooc —
“I got a terrible dream about my past.” He said in a low voice. He decided not to explain the details about his nightmare. All the scenes that he saw in his metal image were dreadful and horrendous. Whisper would be very sad and shocked if he described his nightmare. Besides, she already got frightened today. Ace didn’t want to scare her off and make her sad at the same time. Quietly, he padded through the falling snow and he sat in front of the female wolf. “Are you okay?” He said placidly, his black tail falling on the white ground. His solicitude was shown by the fact that he took his time to examine Whisper’s muzzle. He was trying to make sure that she doesn’t have the marks on her face. Thank god she didn’t have them.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper has had her fair share of nightmares as well, maybe not as bad but the young she-wolf had a good general idea of them. She watched as Ace looked at her muzzle. "Don't worry, I'm fine." Whisper says in a reassuring ton as she sits down as well. "Are you okay?" She ask in return. It must have been a pretty horrible nightmare judging by his reaction during his sleep and when he woke.
29 Posts
Ooc —
Ace listened to Whisper and he nodded slowly, his golden gaze fixing her gentle eyes. “I’m alright. Don’t worry about me.” His soft voice escaped his lips. Looking at the snowy ground, he began to reflect briefly, his thick tail curling around his hind paws. He was thinking of doing something to her, but he hesitated for a moment. He slowly raised his right paw towards her, and then he stopped. He hesitated again. Is she going to be sacred again? Shaking his head, he realized that Whisper was feeling more comfortable with him, than uncomfortable. Why? Is it because he brought the hare at her den? Is it because of his gentleness? Ace was speculating again. He looked at Whisper with his calm gaze and he gently pawed her muzzle. “I have to go. I need to be alone for a while. It was nice meeting you, Whisper.” He gave her a friendly nod. His eyes were closed as the gust of wind drove down the forest. He could feel the cold in his bones. Once he shook his frame, he observed the path that would led him to somewhere. Where? He doesn’t know yet, but he would take the risk. His feeling of wanderlust would allow him to explore new places. The black canine looked again at Whisper before speaking with his calm voice. “Take care of yourself, Whisper.” He pivoted toward the white path and he proceeded on his journey.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Bye, you too." Whisper sighs as she watches the black wolf disappear into the distance. She looks around at her suroundings and oddly enough they were right back where they had met. She smiled at the memory as she sat there. He had disappeared as quickly as he appeared. Whisper felt the weather get worse and she knew that it was time to head home. She walks to her den and lays down watching the enterance as she wonders if she'd ever see the dark furred wolf again as her eyes slowly shut and she falls fast asleep.