Blacktail Deer Plateau silent night
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
While the leader knew his daughter would do a good job of organizing hunts and helping to keep the caches stocked, he knew that she also had her shortcomings. She was not quite as connected with the pack as Grayday thought a true alpha needed to be, and although he was sure she would get there with time and age, the male had elected to grant her leadership alongside a wolf he was sure would fill in those gaps.

"Pema," said Grayday before bed that night, calling the young woman away from her fussing over the kids for a private chat. (At least, that was what Grayday assumed she was doing; it was a bit too dark to tell exactly what was going on around him.) "I want to talk to you about something."

He led her away from the others, not wanting them to overhear and sway her decision in either direction. She'd truly blossomed in Morningside, and Grayday recognized great compassion and heart in the girl. But while he recognized a certain strength of character in her, she had nowhere near the strength of will as his daughter. Perhaps she would not want this thrust upon her. Still, Grayday would ask. She had not yet failed to carry out one of his requests.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Her ears flicked towards the entrance of the den when she heard Day ask to speak with her. She glanced over at the young ones that were sleepily yawning and nodding off, making sure they were all settled before slipping away from them. "Sure thing." she told him before following him out and away from the den, she assumed so the others couldn't hear.

She wandered what is was he wanted to talk about. Was it about something having to do with the war that was going on. Something within the pack. "What is it you want to talk about?" she asked before letting her mind wonder any further into speculation.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday gave a quick wag of his tail, not wanting her to think something was wrong. "It's nothing bad - you don't have to say yes, if you don't want to," he assured, giving her a kind, fatherly look. "Pema, with all that's happened lately, and with winter coming and me not being in top shape, I think Morningside needs all hands on deck. So I'd like for you to take on a higher role in this pack."

He paused a moment to gauge her reaction. He'd been more sure that Dawn would fit comfortably into a leadership position, and wasn't sure that Pema would be as enthusiastic.

"It's a lot to ask, but I'm confident you'll shine," he said sincerely.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She was releaved to hear that it was nothing bad, but she did tilt her head when he said that she wouldn't need to say yes. What was he asking she thought before he began to explain it some more. 

At first she thought it was a simple question, simply moving up in rank within the pack. But then she though about where she was. She couldn't go up much further, could she. Then she realized what it was he was actually asking, to become a leader of the pack. Her face lit up with a smile thinking about how Day had asked her to be the one to move up, all of her hard work had paid off. And one of the best thinks was that this wasn't her goal. She had always wanted to be important to the pack, but everything she did, she didn't do with the intention of moving up within the ranks. She just wanted to help everyone and do what she could, and she couldn't think of a better way to do that then to move up in the rankings. "Oh Day! I would be honored to take a higher role. I promise I won't let you down." she said excitedly not know what else to say in the moment. 
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The male was pleased when there were no signs of hesitation on Pema's face. He'd expected some kind of worry or contemplation, but it seemed as though Pema was completely up for the task.

"I know you won't," Grayday said sincerely, his tail wagging. "Dawn will be stepping up beside you. She's going to handle organizing hunts and making sure people are pulling their weight. I want you to help her with that, but also with keeping up morale."

He shared a conspiratorial smile with the younger wolf. "We both know that Dawn is an amazing wolf with many valuable skills - but I'm putting you in charge of making sure everyone is healthy and eating enough. Some wolves won't want to eat too much in order to fly under the radar and not seem greedy. But skinny wolves don't make it through the winter. You'll need to keep a close eye on everyone, but our newer members especially," Grayday explained. Obviously, he wouldn't be the best wolf to keep eyes on anyone.

In fact, the male was beginning to wonder if he had a role in this pack at all. Perhaps he had outlived his usefulness - outlived his body. But the pack needed every wolf it could get, and Grayday wasn't about to write himself off just yet. There was more he could do - he just needed to figure it out.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema was happy to hear that Dawn would be stepping up with her. Not because she though that Dawn would be able to help her with the load, but that would be a perk. No, she was excited to know that Dawn would be stepping up with her because she knew that she too deserved it. She had done do well practicing her hunting skills and hunt leading skills. 

She nodded along to Day's reasoning and job designation. Dawn more focused on the hunting aspect of things and Pema more focused on the members themselves, their heath and weight. With her being a medic she thought that he role as the care taker was a great fit for her. But aside from making sure everyone was physically health she wanted to make sure everyone had high spirits mentally as well. 

"That sounds like a great idea. She deserves it and I can't wait to see how we balance eachother out." she said excitedly. "Thank you so much again Day. I'll make sure one of my first priorities now is to make all the new members feel at home and make sure they know where they caches are." she said partly thinking her thoughts out load. 

But she also made a quiter personal note. A note she would have to improve on. Her confidence/gumption. She knew at times that she could come across as worried or nervious, but she wanted to open herself up more, and toughen up a bit. Show the others of the pack that she was a strong individual.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday smiled at the other. She was such a bright soul - he wished that Sunny had stuck around long enough to fall for her so that he could add her name to his growing family. But he considered her family already, and that would have to be enough.

"Good. You're going to have your work cut out for you this winter. There are wolves you should look to for help in this matter - Catori, Kieran, and Raid, for the most part. Catori knows a little about herbs and a lot about the land. Kieran is a good counsellor. Raid, of course, is another medic. If you find you have too much on your plate, don't hesitate to enlist help," said Grayday, giving Pema a serious look. This was important, and he didn't want to struggle through it alone if she didn't have to.

"And of course, you have me and Dawn to turn to as well.," Perhaps this would bring the two closer.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She nodded along to what he was saying, taking in the serious tone in his voice. This wasn't going to be a game and Pema would need to put even more effort then usual to prove herself to this pack and help it thrive. She listened to each of the people Day recommended and too mental notes. Raid may need a bit more training, but she could pass on the simple things to her if she needed to be else where. Cat and Kieran she was confident could do their prospective skills by themselves. 

But the things Day stressed the most was that she shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. The worst thing to do would be to take on so much extra work, feel over whelmed and then have all of it fall apart because she would be too afraid to appear incapable or weak, when everyone needed some time to ajust. 

"Of course. We are a team after all, a family." she agreed, smiling, but still understanding the seriousness of the situation.