Blacktail Deer Plateau and now the best is yet to come
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
Leading the way to the north, where she'd then veer right and lead the woman deeper into the territory, the girl thought for a moment before beginning to speak. "we're a pack of hunters, really; hardly fighters. you'll be in the hunting party, above which is leadership. we sleep together at the rendezvous - I'll show you." She lapsed into silence, remembering the girl's odd submission, and adding, "if you'd rather sleep alone, of course, you're welcome to." She said with a smile, stance relaxed as she paused to rub against a gnarled stump. 

"My father and his mate have three pups; Lavender, Easy and Dauntless. They'd probably want you to stay away until we know you a little better." Especially after the recent attack, it was better that @Aviana integrate herself into the pack before seeking out the pups. She paused, turning to the woman and making sure she didn't have any questions before continuing.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana followed alongside Dawn, her ears going from softly folded, to perked in interest, and back to folded. They did this for a while, as Aviana was strict on hierarchy for herself, and knew that as the newest wolf, she was low on the totem pole. But, she didn't feel less than anyone. She knew she would have to prove herself, and she and the pack would learn to trust each other. It was a process she had never minded.

She listened intently to Dawn, nodding to show she was. She was glad when she added that Aviana was able to sleep alone. Until trust was built, on both sides, she would most likely prefer to. She smiled at the thought of pups, and nodded quickly to Dawn's warning. Of course. I would not dream of overstepping my boundaries, she assured. Aviana did not take it personally. The next generation of wolves were to be highly guarded and protection, and a newcomer, no matter how nice, would not be permitted near them. Aviana agreed.

I noticed the borders were very strong, she commented. Exactly how big is the pack? She was curious to know how many new faces she was going to need to learn. She was glad to hear that they weren't fighters, as Aviana was not, either. She had some healing experience, but nothing she had practiced over the past year or so, which is why she didn't bother to mention it. If she was rusty, it would not benefit the pack. Better to learn again, if she wished, and then use those talents.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She nodded as the woman agreed to not overstep her boundaries, though at the same time hoped that she would not be constrained by them. Only time would tell, however, and Dawn was already considering her next question. "large - about 12 members strong" She thought a moment, before continuing.  "there's my father and his mate, Catori, the pups, Pema and Raid, healers, Aditya, my mate and scout, Engel, the flirty bard, and Kieran and Sylvas, hunters." She paused before adding the two members she'd left out, outliers. "Burr is a child from a pack south-east of here; Easthollow. We found him injured and brought him here. Aliac is new, and I have yet to meet her." Again she paused, looking to the woman with a smile, waiting to see what she made of the next load of information.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana listened while they walked, her eyes scanning the territory, but the majority of her attention on Dawn and what she was saying. Aviana knew it was going to be difficult to learn the names and roles of everyone, but she would do her best. She figured if she stayed away from the pups, and respected everyone else, it would be a good start.

That's quite a pack, she said, smiling. I hope I can keep everyone straight, she added with a chuckle. She was much more at ease with it just being her and Dawn. She was curious about Burr. Are you going to return him home? she asked. 

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She agreed with a grin and a dip of her head, knowing only the practise that came with knowing so many faces had her keep it all straight. Had she been thrust into a new pack as Aviana just had, she doubted she'd remember much anything. She wondered what it must be like to join an alien pack; having been with Morningside since its creation, she'd never known the experience. 

"I'd think so. He must have a family back at Easthollow, though he hasn't mentioned anything to me, at least." As she said it, she felt a sting; she'd hardly seen the boy since finding him and bearing him back to her home on her shoulders, and remembered to find him sometime after this meeting. "we'll have a scouting party head there soon, to let them know he's here." She said, reaching the boulder that marked the end of her rotation around the borders and turning into the territory, tail wafting softly at her hindquarters as she led the woman into the innermost territories.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana wondered why the pup hadn't said more about his family pack, but as she didn't know him or them, it was hard to even guess. She was glad to hear that the pack would let Easthollow know where their pup was. Surely they would be missing him something awful.

She turned with Dawn as they headed more inward into the territory, she suspected to the spot where everyone slept. Would they all be there? Surely not, she thought. They would likely be out and about, doing pack things. What kind of prey do you have here? she asked, trying to get her mind away from the rendezvous site. If she was going to help hunt, it would be a good idea to know exactly what to look for in the near future.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The woman asked next about prey, setting the huntress's mind back off of the boy and to one of her favourite topics. "chiefly deer, turkey, and quite a few bighorn sheep." She said, sidestepping a gnarled bramble half hidden by snow. "besides that, mostly hares, squirrels, and the like."  The odd fox slipped into their territory, but those were quickly disposed of. Thought they were less of a threat now that the pups were older, it was important to be vigilant, especially with a potential litter next spring. "what do you like to hunt?" She asked, curious. If the woman was to be in the hunting party, it was best that she learn about just how the hunted, her strengths and her weaknesses.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana nodded when Dawn listed off the type of prey that was located here. Turkey sounds good, she commented. I haven't had that in a long time. She made a mental note to track them down later. Maybe she could catch one. The rest of her prey list was to be expected. It seemed the smaller prey was always everywhere, no matter where she went.

Well, I've mostly stuck to small stuff since I've been on my own. Back where I grew up, we had a lot of moose and reindeer. Reindeer were my favorite. I always liked to chew on their antlers once the meat was gone. They were a thicker antler than deer, and seemed to last forever until she had chewed the last piece. 

The scent of the pack grew stronger as they approached the rendezvous site. Aviana lowered her voice in case anyone happened to be sleeping. You said that it was okay if I sleep on my own? she asked softly. She didn't want to be rude, but she didn't think she was quite ready to sleep at the common spot. She knew it might seem that she was distancing herself from the others, but she could make up for that by being social throughout the day. Once she was settled in and had met the rest of the pack, she would most likely reconsider her sleeping accommodations. 

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The girl seemed interested at the thought of turkey, and the word brought to light her recent encounter with Aditya, after returning from their mission. Shaking the thought from her mind, she added, "I'm always up for a hunt," Hoping that perhaps the woman would take her up on the offer sometime, she slowed as they approached the rendezvous site. "I've scented a couple moose in the southern territories, but not too many up here. There was a fen I visited once - " 

She broke off as they approached the rendezvous, realizing that she was rather quickly taking a liking to the woman. The sight was empty; perhaps that was the red hide of Engel she saw just out of sight, and the farther off sounds of her siblings. She gave the woman a sidelong glance as she asked about sleeping arrangements. "of course." There was no rule about having to sleep at the rendezvous, though in the winter especially it might be convenient, and safer, to sleep all in one place. 

Thinking a moment, she added, "there's a cache a little south of here, south-east is the catfish pond, and a river runs through the middle of the territory. most of the territory near the mountains is forested, though there's a meadow along the west border."  She said, glancing to the woman to see if she had any questions. It was a simple description of the territory, but it ought to suffice.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana smiled and her tail swayed back and forth. You pick when, I'll be there, she responded. She had taken an instant liking to Dawn, and she hoped she got to spend more time with her. Aviana had not a had a friend in quite some time, and the company would be nice.

Avian's gaze darted around, trying to count the number of wolves currently here. Not many. She relaxed a little at Dawn's confirmation that she didn't have to sleep here. She told herself that soon enough, she would be comfortable enough to sleep among the rest of the wolves here. 

Her ear swiveled towards Dawn as she told her of the caches, and what was within the rest of the territory. She nodded her understanding. Thank you for the tour. I can check out the rest if you have somewhere to be, she said, not wanting to take the other female from her duties.  

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Dawn grinned at the woman's response, making note to remember to call on her sometime. At her thanks, Dawn dipped her head, taking it as an indicator that the woman wished to explore for herself. "no worries. if you have any questions; let me know." She said, adding with another grin, "I'll take you up on the turkey hunt sometime." Saying her farewells, she moved through the rendezvous, of half a mind to find her siblings if she could.