King Elk Forest i have given everything for you
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
he's technically not in the king elk forest but close enough that i consider him in the "no land's man" between tindome's borders & silver creek so this is open to tindome members or lone wolves. :-)

Mato had avoided the pack hunt only to feel guilty about it later which is why he had not touched their kill. He spends most days at Tindómë’s borders or tending to leadership duties, stalwart and stoic as he makes the patrol rounds. It is harder than he would have imagined: re-stitching wounds that had once already been stitched back up. He makes a notable effort to avoid Brienne at all costs: they have shared their words with one another and Mato feels there is nothing left for them to discuss and he does not want to risk tearing open metaphorical wounds that he works diligently to heal. He makes loops outside of the pack’s borders as well, vigilant despite his ex-mate’s attempts to reassure him that there would be no risk of any of his other wolves being kidnapped. There are scents but they fade and go, some are of his own wolves and some are of loners that did not linger. Nothing to raise the alarm and so with a heavy sigh the druid turns his apple green gaze towards the path that will take him back to the King Elk Forest. He has ventured further than he intended to it was true but it is not without it’s own measure of relief. His purpose is purely for the good of Tindómë but he cannot deny there is a release of weight, a sense of giddy freedom at shrugging out of the chains of leadership that, as of late, has become a hefty burden.
23 Posts
Ooc —
I hope you don't mind me tossing Zada at you ! She's supposed to be in this area anyway so I figured it'd work

This territory had been kind to the she-wolf, and though she could frequently scent a nearby pack, she lingered.
Truth be told, it had sparked her interest.

Zada has floated for too long-- a feather dancing along the night time breeze, catching on things but never quite sticking. She can barely recall a home, love, warmth, but those things had never called to her half so much as the potential on the horizon. Life was frequently exciting, simply because she forced it to be so-- and now she was here. Most days she lounged by the creek, but on occasion she dared wander near the borders of the territory claimed by pack wolves. She never crossed, for she did not know if she wanted to join and she did know she had no desire to be attacked.

Still, scenting so many wolves brought... some unknown feeling to her. Longing? She didn't know. But today... today she saw someone. Lingering near the border, she caught sight of him-- pelt ablaze in the light with greys and whites that made him look silver. Zada lifted her head, staring out at him before tentatively calling to the other wolf, not daring to approach him just yet. He smelled of pack.
sister, I'm not much a poet but a criminal
and you never had a chance
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
not at all! :-)

Mato has come to learn that there is truth to that old saying be careful what you wish for; he understands now that it is possible to have everything but nothing at all. His mind has been in a strange place ever since Brienne’s miraculous return and consequential destruction of what he has spent the past month attempting to rebuild with cracked foundation and part of Mato is just petty enough that he sort of resents her for it. It is a small, terrible flicker in his chest that resides right beside his superiority complex but it burns him just enough that the druid takes note of it’s existence. His relish in that giddy and liberating feeling is very fleeting. The bizarre euphoria does not last as he feels the chains of Tindome keeping him from going very far, keeping him from being selfish, turning his back to them and simply…wandering away. As much as a very real part of him wants to do exactly that Mato knows that he would not; and the druid isn’t sure whether he should feel disappointed or proud of himself for it.

The empyrean’s thoughts are broken as a call rings out to him. He shakes off the strange thoughts that plague him and cast apple green gaze in the direction of the woman he assumes is responsible for the sound. Her pelage is a dusky, grey-brown and he notes that she is not familiar to him in the slightest. Delight has accepted several wolves without Mato’s presence but considering the pair linger on the outside of his borders and as he ghosts towards her a step to better glean her scent he discovers that she is lone.

The druid’s head lifts. She has his attention now and Mato is curious as to what she plans to do with it.
23 Posts
Ooc —
sorry this is so short x.x
Zada tilted her head when the male looked at her, detecting no aggression in his posture and deciding to move forward. She approached at a steady pace, sniffing as she got closer. Hopefully he wasn't here to tell her to buzz off, or worse.
Hello. You are of the pack that lives in the territory next to this, yes? The slim wolf's tone was friendly, but she only glanced at the other wolf for a moment before her gaze wandered. I hope my presence here is not disturbing anyone.
sister, I'm not much a poet but a criminal
and you never had a chance