Dragoncrest Cliffs crackling triton
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
All Welcome 
Since he had grown so distant from his son in recent weeks, it had taken a conscious effort to even begin to attempt to mend that. First, disappointments aside after his fall to branwoda, he had taken it upon himself to try to motivate him somehow but it wasn't easy. Even spending time with him was difficult for the pale wocha; he had stressed to him time and time again how it was important that they all be at their most worthwhile now, winter upon them and war a distinct option in the weeks to come. They had to be prepared for anything and already Dio was able to keep busy enough, so it was high time @Sirio know how to pull his weight for real--especially if he ever had any intentions of a life as a Drakru here.

And not to be so frankly like that, but his other lookalike Artaax had managed alright. Even Bobbin.. so his half-brothers were in good standing for their first wintertime so far as integrated members of their fold just like Blixen--and even little @Dalia made a fine way for herself. Dio still didn't understand why Sirio remained such an outlier, and even downright difficult to connect to (what bothered him most of all, perhaps). The father hoped he would grow out of it soon enough, or he worried what fate he may have here if not.

He had taken him on patrol and tried to rally a small spar out of him. In the end, he had little to say for it but it was something. He had also managed to bust a rear toenail somewhere during it all, and although he had slowed some of the bleeding at first to ignore it for then, it was bothering him again now that he dismissed the juvenile and went on his own way. This sent him moving (tenderly) back into the heart of the lands, and if he was lucky, where a fresh trail on his mate would lead before long.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
sry i felt summoned. long post to get out some important details... <3

portia, though she loathed to admit it, had turned out just like her own mother. 

she had settled down, for one. she'd lived in the same place for... goodness, could it be? she hadn't even realized it'd been long past a year since she'd settled in drageda. and not only location wise, portia had managed to find herself a man, and not just for the night. she'd settled in with him and started a family-- and though portia was quite the motherly figure, she had never counted herself a mother. but here she was, with two children, a loving husband, and an active role in a pack. and, in fact, she was so much like her mother that she had chosen a favorite child. back home, it had been mercedes who was the favorite. she was so well mannered and so proper, and their mother preferred her (quite obviously) to portia, who was a true wild-child and too stubborn for her own good. 

my, how things change.

the difference, however, was that where charlotte was stern and controlling, portia merely pitied her least favorite child-- who was sirio, of course. portia did less scolding and shaming than her own mother. instead, she sat beside her precious flower, dalia, grooming between her ears and murmuring softly how she worried about sirio. and to dio late at night, curled against him, how sad she was that the poor dear had still yet to find his place-- afraid that he never would. dio tried hard to find some common ground with him, portia merely focused on dalia-- in her all beauty and grace. should anyone confront her of the reality of sirio's position in the pack, the packs prized fisa would merely shake her head and sigh, "the poor dear is such a black sheep, perhaps he'll find his groove one day." naive, but portia believed it-- and she was too focused on her mirror image of a daughter to worry about how poorly her son was fairing in the pack. 

she was on a walk today, blissfully unaware of the day that dio had had, when she stumbled upon his scent-- mixed with a little blood. she frowned at the scent combo, but since she couldn't hear any sort of scuffle, she tried to imagine that it was minor, and set off to find her mate.

she found him walking, looking just fine (quite fine) and let out a sweet yip to catch his attention. feeling suddenly rowdy, portia bowed to her mate, rump and tail wiggling behind her, before giving a few leaps forward to nip at his cheeks and ears.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
!!<3!!
As it always was, he tried not to dwell as he reached paw over paw for each new stride. Maybe Sirio just somehow needed more time, or maybe there was a need for a different approach.. or none at all, if there was nothing left to hope. Dio still couldn't tell if his efforts may pay off, if he was even making some sort of an impression, anything.. really. At the very least, by getting him out and just doing anything, he was hoping to help condition him--but again, time would tell and it was hard not to be impatient with everything looming so heavily overhead.

When he heard a yip, he was back to attention of the here and the now--easily done now that it was far more interesting than moments before, and just as easy to forget about his toe for a bit. He still stepped lightly into a small little prance, at least until there was new nearness and she was at his face, full of fondness and warmth that was contagious. Then, his motion transferred to a waving tail, and trying to slip in a nip edgewise between her own, but she was awfully quick. He waved a playfully lifted front paw at her, and rumbled happily back. Others concerns, like Sirio, fell further away, but shifting his weight back on his hind feet did remind him to mind where he put himself for now, although he wasn't bothered enough to stop.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the fisa shoved her head into his chest as he shifted his weight, her ears splaying out to the sides. only now did she pick up on sirio's scent, and how he and dio must've just been with one another. she thought to bring it up, but decided she really didn't care to hear about him right now. instead of bringing up her less-favored child, portia let out a soft growl, wiggling along with her ink spotted tail, which waved wildly behind her.

this is so short i'm so sorry omfg
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
The moments passed easy, light, and loved with her. With her at his chest, he arced his neck easily over her and buried his nose along in her fur, to where it smelled the most like home to him. He tried to keep her close--simple and warm, and simultaneously making him greedily want more--and wonder how he'd been so lucky to have her waiting for him.

Matters of the looming war, their eventual march back south to Redhawk, and worrying for the safety of the home in their absence.. all of that had him on some keyed-up instinctive alert. Not with her cozy at his chest though. For all of that, for the weight she could lift off his shoulders with that tiny little self of hers, he was grateful. "Love you," he murmured into her coat, and pulled back with a gentle huff.

But, right.

Still stepping softly, he remembered.. and in case she'd been remotely worried, because she'd probably noticed, he lifted the hind paw in question. "I was trying to spar with Sirio," he said, ears splayed, hating to change the subject like this but it made more sense in the next moment. This wasn't shaping up to be another complain about how weird our son is session. "Broke a nail," he showed her, but it was pretty well dealt with by now--barring any later aftercare. There were old signs of crusty blood.. which he didn't want to pick at so not to make it bleed again. He'd deal with it later, but wanted her medical opinion before anything else. He wasn't worried but it was annoying, and worth addressing since he definitely had the means to. He already knew he would just have to mind it for a few days, and assuming no infection set in, a little time would have him able to forget about it entirely.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
at his words, portia exclaimed a sweet, "you better!" followed by a soft giggle and another few kisses to his chin. "love you too," she murmured, and wiggled backwards, watching as he seemed to have a quick moment of realization-- which she did as well. right. she had scented blood, but dio has seemed entirely okay so she'd ignored it from the get-go, but a torn claw was indeed a problem... even if it was minor. she sighed softly, moving to examine the toe closer. "how'd that go?" she asked, just for the sake of asking... he was their son, after all. but she already knew the answer, sirio probably complained the whole time or talked in some strange riddle and then moseyed his way on out. hmpf. 

after a few quick sniffs and soft touches with her nose, portia sat back and looked up to her mate with a shrug. "looks okay... we'll get some marigold on it later-- just make sure you watch it, hun, lemme know if it tears again," she told him... but she figured dio already knew that last part. still, portia was never one to cut something short.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Happy with the kisses and trying to match her with some of his own, he waved a cheerful tail. As for their son.. He grunted, meaning not good, but not bad either. "As well as you'd think," he rolled his shoulders. The boy had to have the potential. Healthy, well-built, able. A little awkward on some of his angles, sure, but age was that only fault. He could not see how he could be totally hopeless and didn't want to believe it, no matter how many times it was suggested and shown when he proved so difficult to motivate.

But, now and again, there were the rarest of glimpses when he could rile him just right that showed him there was something. There had to be. "Could be worse." he concluded after refocusing. Sirio could be dead, Dio supposed morbidly. He'd not messed it up that badly yet.

Looking down at his foot, he just frowned and shifted his weight more to his front paws. Last thing he wanted to deal with was this blowing up into something ugly and him having to manage with it come time to travel south again. But he trusted Portia's doctoring absolutely and would mind it extra particularly with all of this on the nearing horizon--thanks to his own shitty timing, on top of an already unfavorable wintertime march and battle. "Yeah? I will. I've been trying to stay off it a bit, but, ugh." the wocha huffed. He did like walking with all of his feet and on all the surfaces he cared to. Plus it was fresh, so he still needed to adjust to compensate it for it. A little prick of pain was there to remind him when he forgot though.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
"so horribly?" portia responded dryly, though her features were soft and showed she was only teasing. surely... sirio hadn't done that poorly, right? it was true, the boy could be dead, they hadn't done that poorly. but at this rate in drageda... was it better if he was? oof, that was too weighty a question-- portia kept it to herself, thankfully.

"mmm," the fisa hummed softly, tilting her freckled head gently, "let's go get some herbs for it then, you can lean on me if you need to." she sent him a fun little wink and shoulder raise that said 'haha you have to lean on me' ... but she figured he'd just limp since she was a pretty short crutch. getting him slowly to his feet and watching him carefully to make sure he didn't do anything stupid-- though it was dio they were talking about, not some crazy loon who acted on impulses, so she didn't worry much at all-- portia began forward, ears pricked. 

after a few moments, she turned to him with now splayed ears. "are you nervous, hun?" she asked softly, green gaze searching his.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He scoffed, even if it was half a small laugh--he certainly saw the humor in her remark. "All I'll say is.. could be better, but not the worst I've ever known.. He has some sort of potential but damn is it difficult to choke a glimpse of it out of him," he deadpanned, really not looking to dwell too much more on their father-son spar time spent together. As much as he wished to connect to his tan-furred son more, none of his approaches were gaining the headway he wanted to see. At least he could tell a whole lot of what didn't work now. More and more, he wondered all of what else simply didn't work for Sirio.. the only one of Drageda's whole lot to really miss the mark as badly as that.

But even as he worked to shelve the idea, that didn't mean it was going to be far from his mind. He had relaxed while watching her, and did muster up the sass to grumble about leaning on her if needed--"While it's a tempting offer," he teased a bit, showing off a quick grin before he strode on carefully with that nail in mind. "I think I can survive if you don't go too fast," he smirked--again, there was very little real concern since with a little effort, even on a hurt paw, he could probably match stride to her tiny legs.

When she asked what she did, he didn't have an immediate answer. "Sometimes, no." Most times. He wasn't fearful of their strength. This was nothing new; they were just flesh and bone like they were too at the end of it all. "Sometimes maybe, when it's the whole picture--and the what may come afterward for anyone," he replied, thoughtful, and treading into some depth carried close to the heart. Where morality met the duty of life. "I have faith in Drageda," of the utmost, he knew. Even if the worst came to pass and any of theirs were felled, others would not let it go unpunished. "It's the.. chance for so much unknown once we get there that doesn't always set well." The strange forest, the Redhawk's forces, their reception of Drageda's warriors. Plus, if he needed more reasons: he just didn't care like that swatch of the Teekon much anyway and all of this was just making that worse. It had never been anything special to him, so less time there, the better.

"And, I never like leaving for too long because all I want to do is think about here," he complained, then gestured with a jerk of his head. To her, to all their outerlands, to their beaches right back around to the cave where his family slept. Leaving his loved ones this time wasn't going to be easy, even if it was for the best. "So you'll keep watch on things for me here, right?" he jested almost with the lightness of moments earlier. Defense of home was so ingrained in his daily routines now that when venturing outside that, he missed it.
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
should we wrap this up to focus on the other one we have LMAO ? just within the next few posts

"good luck getting it," portia said softly. she still thought they should focus on dalia. perhaps dio could teach her some fighting techniques-- lord knows that she herself couldn't. but portia also preferred to see dalia holed up sorting herbs and what not. so, maybe that was contradictory. hm. 

her tail swung slowly at her hocks as she listened, padding beside her mate. everything he said made her worry-- even though he seemed relatively confident. "i have faith in us too," she murmured in response, then looked to him with a furrowed brow-- though she didn't mean to look as concerned as she did-- "and faith in you, i know you'll do us proud." she paused, a small smile on her maw. "and come home safely," she added, reaching up to nudge his cheek gently. 

with a gran puff of her chest, portia nodded. "why of course!" she quipped, latching onto that small bit of lightness in his tone and upping it 500%, because they deserved some lightheartedness, "i'll do 15 border patrols every day, hun, and dalia and i will line the border with bones to let strangers know we're not fuckin around. drageda will be safe while you're gone." surely the thought of portia and dalia doing endless border patrol and carrying around bones was somewhat amusing, portia thought it was amusing-- at least.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
yesss feel free to end it or just archive. this is my last and i can be vague enough for whatever hahah
Everything aside, he exhaled a big sigh and resolved to just trust in what was to come. He would make it happen, and make it back in the end. He was determined to see that through, for everyone's sake. But even so, this helped lighten his mood about it quite a bit, and it was just another important piece in getting ready to go.

"Good," he rumbled fondly and nudged against her, although let the note build to a laugh soon after as he imagined what message that should send to their visitors. Whatever it was, he hoped it would all be quiet here, and that nothing would need watched over by her or their daughter. He knew that was a generous desire to have, however. It would be safe, and, he would be back soon to make sure that happened. All the while, her stores drew near, and he would probably just lounge around there for a while after she collected whatever she needed. He didn't have anywhere else to be right then anyway, so for the next few hours, he was all hers.