Dragoncrest Cliffs crackling triton
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He scoffed, even if it was half a small laugh--he certainly saw the humor in her remark. "All I'll say is.. could be better, but not the worst I've ever known.. He has some sort of potential but damn is it difficult to choke a glimpse of it out of him," he deadpanned, really not looking to dwell too much more on their father-son spar time spent together. As much as he wished to connect to his tan-furred son more, none of his approaches were gaining the headway he wanted to see. At least he could tell a whole lot of what didn't work now. More and more, he wondered all of what else simply didn't work for Sirio.. the only one of Drageda's whole lot to really miss the mark as badly as that.

But even as he worked to shelve the idea, that didn't mean it was going to be far from his mind. He had relaxed while watching her, and did muster up the sass to grumble about leaning on her if needed--"While it's a tempting offer," he teased a bit, showing off a quick grin before he strode on carefully with that nail in mind. "I think I can survive if you don't go too fast," he smirked--again, there was very little real concern since with a little effort, even on a hurt paw, he could probably match stride to her tiny legs.

When she asked what she did, he didn't have an immediate answer. "Sometimes, no." Most times. He wasn't fearful of their strength. This was nothing new; they were just flesh and bone like they were too at the end of it all. "Sometimes maybe, when it's the whole picture--and the what may come afterward for anyone," he replied, thoughtful, and treading into some depth carried close to the heart. Where morality met the duty of life. "I have faith in Drageda," of the utmost, he knew. Even if the worst came to pass and any of theirs were felled, others would not let it go unpunished. "It's the.. chance for so much unknown once we get there that doesn't always set well." The strange forest, the Redhawk's forces, their reception of Drageda's warriors. Plus, if he needed more reasons: he just didn't care like that swatch of the Teekon much anyway and all of this was just making that worse. It had never been anything special to him, so less time there, the better.

"And, I never like leaving for too long because all I want to do is think about here," he complained, then gestured with a jerk of his head. To her, to all their outerlands, to their beaches right back around to the cave where his family slept. Leaving his loved ones this time wasn't going to be easy, even if it was for the best. "So you'll keep watch on things for me here, right?" he jested almost with the lightness of moments earlier. Defense of home was so ingrained in his daily routines now that when venturing outside that, he missed it.
Messages In This Thread
crackling triton - by Dio - December 10, 2017, 11:50 PM
RE: crackling triton - by Portia - December 12, 2017, 11:07 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Dio - December 23, 2017, 02:18 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Portia - December 30, 2017, 11:24 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Dio - January 25, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Portia - January 25, 2018, 01:38 PM
RE: crackling triton - by Dio - January 31, 2018, 02:32 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Portia - February 06, 2018, 07:28 PM
RE: crackling triton - by Dio - February 07, 2018, 01:06 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Portia - March 06, 2018, 11:17 AM
RE: crackling triton - by Dio - March 13, 2018, 01:49 AM