Moonspear We're dreaming on and on.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
He hadn't eaten in days, and the strain of Winter showed in the narrowing of his hips. Talion had always been a lean wolf, but with his inexperience and having been fending entirely for himself for months, he'd been unable to bulk and store for the cold season. He was beginning to deteriorate quickly now that smaller prey and birds were starting to hibernate and migrate, and his fear of perishing in the cold became so real that he forced himself to do what he'd been avoiding all along: he sought to request a place in one of the local packs, rather than waiting for an invitation.

Snow fell lightly on the evening that Talion picked up the strong scent of a claim, and he made his way promptly in its direction. By the time he arrived, he was exhausted. Keeping his distance, the uncertain yearling traced his tongue along his upper lip nervously before tilting his muzzle skyward and sent forth a howl, requesting the presence of a leader. He then swept into a submissive posture to await the arrival of another, tail tucked between his hind limbs and ears laced back, periwinkle eyes scanning the mountainside for any sign.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
surprise that it was no other than terance who answered the call from the borders. he'd been up and moving already, in the area too, and it was his job after all-- to protect. if he couldn't even answer a call at the border... well what kind of guardian did that make him? 

terance actually mistook the figure for a females shape, as lean as he was. the closer he came the more he realized it was a male that sat requesting entry-- and he felt kind of bad for the guy. winter was hard, for sure, but he himself was still plump and well toned-- despite the load of sitting around he did nowadays-- pack life really was the way to go.

he didn't see charon and amekaze or even his favored hydra, so he let his posture stiffen pridefully, green eyes scanning the stranger. "what do you want?" he asked, ears cupping forward as a gust of wind blew past them.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Movement caught his eye and, briefly, the thinning wolf's obsidian ears pricked to catch the sound of padding paws on fresh snow. A dark figure emerged from the Wintry background and at once Talion exhaled a breathy whine and crouched lower in submission, ears slick once more against his nape. It did not matter to him that this raven-pelted yearling might not be the leader he'd requested, for he was clearly a member of the mountain's pack and the first on the scene to greet him. As a loner seeking a place, he was prepared to be shamed with its lowest rank should they not decide to run him from their territory.

As the sable guardian drew nearer, the young Roux-Abrhen bowed his muzzle and lowered his frosty eyes, chest hovering above the frozen earth beneath him. He knew he would drop into the snow and roll belly-up if the other required him to do so.

A question came, sharp and to the point, and Talion did not hesitate to respond: "I wish to join the pack."
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra had been moving around the territories borders, and her progress would soon see her to where Talion and Terance both stood. In this moment, Hydra continued to mark where she stood until the very moment she heard the howl of a stranger. With a cursory sniff to the earth, Hydra turned 'round to see her Alya on her trail. Knowing that her sister would cover the ground she had yet to, Hydra made way toward the caller.

She was more than pleased to see Terance there already. When her eyes landed on the stranger, Hydra had the very same initial thought as Terance up until she closed the distance that was left between them. She caught the tail-end of what the lone wolf had said—he wished to join them. With their ranks full, Hydra thought on this. This could be a wolf who actively participated in their ranks and was, well, useful. Rouge and her missions were not at all relevant if she wasn't succeeding in them and, without hearing word from her father on the wolf, Hydra was inclined to believe she was failing and simply attempting to leech their resources. So, maybe they did have room.

It was something Hydra would have to consult with her father on. But first? This wolf needed to make some sort of positive impression. What can you offer? Hydra was direct, and her proud stance would let the other know that she was one of the leaders he had called for.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance felt a wave of relief rush over him as he heard the crunch of snow behind him. along with it, the scent of one of the cerberus-- one he decided must be hydra. as he turned to double-check, his tail wagged a bit, but more than anything he was relieved to release his posture. his own shoulders sagged a bit as she approached, head and tail dropping slightly. truthfully, terance didn't care to honor hydra's rank that much. he was respectful of course, but they were so close-- it felt weird to treat her like some sort of wise leader. of course, situations like these he wouldn't make her look like a moron-- steal her thunder, he knew better than to do that to someone like hydra.

she took over, and terance fell into the background. his gaze stayed put on the male, brows somewhat furrowed, waiting to see where this went. he was surprised hydra even humored the thought of him joining, she knew better than him that they were all filled up.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Before Talion's greeter could speak again, the arrival of another captured the attention of both males. Periwinkle eyes looked up to glance at yet another obsidian figure, one much smaller and distinctly feminine, and he felt his heart skip an uncomfortable beat. Although he'd gotten significantly more confident in the company of the opposite sex, his anxiety still flared and he feared it might render him useless. Swallowing the new lump in his throat, the peppered yearling noted the male's change in posture and promptly lowered his eyes to the frosted ground, to stare at his pallid forepaws and await acknowledgement from the newest on the scene.

When she questioned him, Talion let his body drop. She was clearly a wolf of authority, and the last thing he wanted to do was offend her. A moment of silence hung over the small group as the platinum yearling racked his mind for the right thing to say. "I'm an excellent tracker and hunter," he managed, then mentally kicked himself. His thinning frame was poor evidence of this, but he hoped that his potential new comrades would realise that travelling as a loner in Winter could affect anyone in such a way. "I can fight, and will defend with my life if I have to."

His training as a guard to the Nereides had begun before he could remember, but it had never been completed. Talion wasn't half the warrior his father was, but he was willing and able to hone the skills he'd gathered during his time at the Strand. Sucking in a breath, the boy continued: "I am no drain on resources - I take when I have to, but give twice as much." Truthfully, he was desperate. He was tired of living alone, of running from an unfortunate past. 
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
With just how many wolves desired to join Moonspear, Hydra knew there would be a process to even consider another wolf among them. But she could do that—he did have a chance. One wolf was not pulling their weight as they ought to be. Feeling the gaze of Terance, she wondered if he even knew her name... 

So, she humored it. That he was an apt tracker and hunter both appealed to her. Hydra knew of at least one herd in the area that Talion could find if he was as good a tracker as he thought, and also knew that they might have moved onward from there. If Talion could survey them, give them a number of how many was among them and seek if there were an injury upon any... she'd trust it. 

That he was not a drain? He was selling himself well. Rouge, she felt, was a drain.

There is a herd to the North, Hydra informed, they recently passed through the forest just outside of Moonspear, but seemed to alter their trajectory back towards the mountains. I want the number within the herd, and if you can note any injuries. Hydra wanted to become a better tracker herself—she was no expert yet. In Talion, she saw a future companion to practice with. She preferred his face far more than the face of the absent scout, who, at this point, she could not even recall in detail.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance thought the guy sold himself pretty well, but he really didn't have any say in the matter. besides, space in the pack was pretty tight-- maybe hydra would make an exception, but he didn't really know. he listened curiously as hydra began talking about some herd, and how this male needed to go track it down... yada yada yada...

terance thought that sounded fair enough, though he still couldn't tell if hydra was being serious. quietly, the male stood behind her, awaiting the newcomers response.
69 Posts
Ooc —
He didn't know if the superior she-wolf acknowledged his sales pitch with a change of expression or even an exchanged glance with her pack-mate, as Talion's frosty gaze remained fixed on her nimble forepaws. When at last she spoke to him, he wasn't expecting a demand to follow through with a task at once. After the initial surprise at her sudden request, the peppered yearling thought it to be a good idea in the long run. It would seperate the committed from the lazy.

"I will find them," was the boy's vow, and his tail unfurled from his between his rear limbs to offer a ginger sweep across the snowy earth beneath him. "My name is Talion," he offered softly, hoping the pair would share their names in return so he knew who to seek upon his return.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He would do it. Pleased by this, she nods. After his introduction, Hydra instructs, call for me once you return—I am Hydra, she introduces. She glances to Terance, leaving it up to him if he wished to inform the stranger of who he was. Afterward, Hydra looked back to Talion, dismissing him with a good luck. His commitment to the task would be what brought him into the fold or kept him out.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the stranger-- talion-- took the offer, which was good because that was about as good as it was gonna get. terance watched curiously for a moment before exchanging a glance with hydra, tacking on, "terance." not that it would mean anything to the stranger yet, as he was in no real position of power. 

when the male left, terance would immediately turn to hydra and give her a sly grin, an eyebrow raised. "i didn't think you were gonna give him a chance," he said--  kind of silently wishing that this was really just a wild goose chase, wouldn't that be funny. maybe not to talion, though. "let's keep patrolling," he added, dipping his nose so she'd lead the way.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Talion went, and Terance spoke, she sighed a little. He might deserve it more than another wolf in this pack. Do you know Rouge? She wanted to know if he did, because she doubted it. At his suggestion, Hydra nodded, gamely continuing the patrol with Terance.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
NOT SURE IF ROUGE IS GONNA GIVE HER NAME TO TERANCE OR NOT SO IF SHE DOES JUST PRETEND HE SAID YA I DO

terance's lips straightened, pressed together as he thought. the name didn't ring a bell with him, but he did just meet a wolf who refused to give him her name... and terance wasn't that dense. "dark with blue eyes?" he asked with a raise of his brow, "she seemed weird to me, but i guess i haven't seen much of her." or any of her, for that matter, just the one time-- and he really didn't even know her name until now.