Blackfeather Woods Desperate measures
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Joining 
@Vaati He and his sister have intentions of joining the pack.
The crisp winter air flows through the dark colored wolf's fur as his ears are flooded with the sounds of the crows overhead. It was dark and gloomy with a faint scent of blood as he walked up to another packs border. Nightstar was determined to find a home for him and his sister, he couldn't stand the thought of being without her. He howls hoping a pack member hears him.
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
He comes at the call for his presence, standing proudly before the stranger at his borders with a stoic, blank expression. "What do you want?" The first thought that comes to mind is not that this is a potential joiner, but another wanderer looking for kicks. He has come to accept that there are very few left in the world who wish to join their pit of darkness. It is a fact that he will not deny. Those who initially are, come and go very quickly. Some cannot stomach the nature of the woods itself and those within, and that too is a fact. He is unbothered by their low numbers, however. They have survived worse and have survived for so long, outlasting many for many years that he is unconcerned by how low they have stooped. In the event that the coming trifle lowered their numbers even more to the point of extinction, then that as that and he would no longer need to ignore being worried. His focus quickly returns to the other, however, narrowing his eyes a fraction as if to pull an answer out of the stranger purely through the power of a glare.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The dark pelted wolf looks at the wolf who had appeared before him. He pauses before speaking as he bows his head in respect. "I am Nightstar and me and my sister have been looking for a pack. The many packs we have visited, they are without room for two wolves and your pack is the only one left." The wolf was carefully chose his words well before speaking t the wolf, judging by his stance the wolf was of high rank.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Perhaps to readily he replies, "We have room." They do. Lots of it. Too much of it. There is the slightest taint of urgency in his voice as he does so, which he quickly covers up with the lack of emotion present in his face, beyond simple interest. "This is Blackfeather Woods and I'm its leader, Vaati. What services can you bring us to earn your keep?" It is standard procedure, he believes. Truthfully, he had never done this before. They very rarely kept the attention of strangers long enough to let them into their ranks, even before his time as the dark master. And even so, much less of them remained. But it was concerning to hear the stranger speak of other packs and their maxed-out bandwidth. It meant only that their potential enemies held way more soldiers than they did, bringing forth many more concerns regarding the existence of Blackfeather Woods. However, nothing had happened yet. Charon's visit many, many moons ago had been the last evidence that tensions were rising. The Cerberus had made no move, no recent threats had been made. If a war was what they wanted, they were going about it rather sloppily. Not that Vaati was complaining. He returns his attention to the other before him, awaiting an answer.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The black pelted male thought about the talents of both him and his sister Moonshadow before he spoke to the white wolf who was in front of him. Judging on his stance the male knew that he was talking to the leader of the pack. "As for me, in my last pack I had played many roles which included being a scout, advisor, and I took a llesson on fighting. My sister however is different from me, she is an aspiring medic and naturalist." The male hoped that the other wolf would approve of both of them.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
The stranger's answer pleases him, for to hold some skills valuable to the dark woods is an advantage indeed. "Good. You will enter under the title Tyro. From there you may prove yourself worthy and rise in the ranks. Failure to earn your keep will result in demotion, or exile." The yearling speaks frankly, unwilling to sugar-coat the terms of their acceptance. Blackfeather is a realm of great difficulty; to survive and to accept. Hard work does not go unpraised, but the polar opposite is disgrace worthy. Perhaps, they had been lacking in discipline as of late, forgetting the resilience of their forefathers in favour of what was easy in life. Yet, that was not Blackfeather. The tides were changing, a new era of an elite classification of soothsayers, spies and cold-blooded killers, equipped with a trained mind and little to no distraction of humanity. 

He leads on, "This pack is no place for the faint of heart." He states it flatly. "We have many enemies, many who want us dead. If that does not bother you then you will do just fine." Vaati turns his back and leaves the man to follow or to flee, silently hoping that he does not choose to do the latter. It is a challenge of moral strength, something that would be tested regardless of Vaati's little scare-tactic. There were many more things, more dangerous things to be scared of inside the woods itself to be petrified of those outside of it. "However, we protect our own. That does not change." Now that he is Dark Master, it is a factor that will not change. In order to overcome the pending storm, unity in the core belief that Blackfeather always survives is crucial. The time for rogue actions and solo-missions that put everyone else in danger was over. It was sloppy. Their reputation was being questioned by those who ought to shake in fear at the mention of their name, and he vows to restore the image he once believed they held. Whether it devours the years of his life he has left, or to his last untimely breath.
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"The black pelted wolf nods and cautiously follows the white wolf in front of him. He know that this was the best choice for him and his sister, fore' it had been his only choice. Nevertheless he is greatful to have been given the oppurtunity. "Thank you." Nightstar bows his head in respect before continuing to follow the wolf who had introduced himself as Vaati. The wolf thinks of where his sister is and he catches her scent as the wind begins to blow and to his surprise her scent is mixed in with a number of scents. "Would it be alright if I were to go fetch my sister?" He asked.
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
He nods curtly, allowing the other to fetch his sister, who after a short time later, proved just as promising as he. The two would do well in Blackfeather, and he indicates for them both to follow. Vaati warns them of the danger zones within the dark woods and the network of tunnels that run beneath their feet, cautioning them of both the territory itself but those outside who may like to see them dead. Once one became apart of Blackfeather, it was both a blessing and a curse, for while theirs was a close knitted system of like-minded indiviuals, a certian reputation followed them around like a black cloud above their heads. But he did not think anything bad would happen, and did not suggest that to them. The "war" if it ever came, would be a close call. Following the breif tour, he leaves them to their own devices, notifying the pack of their acceptance and trotting off in the direction of the Web enterance, formulatng a plot in his mind that would ensure Blackfeather came out on top in the battle to come.