Blacktail Deer Plateau If you can't convince them, confuse them
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 

Aviana had been settling in quite well since joining Morningside. Her conversation with Grayday had lifted her spirits, and she even liked him a little. That was a first for her outside of her family. Maybe there was something there that she could build trust off of in the future. While that may come to some easily, for Aviana, she had to actively work at.

She approached the river that ran through the territory, lowering her body to the ground. Her eyes watched the water for a few moments before she began to lap up her fill. When she was finished, her eyes scanned the area, looking to see if anyone was around. Feeling reasonably confident there wasn't, Aviana decided to do something she had wanted to do since the first snowfall.

She went a few feet from the water, and rolled onto her back, shuffling through the snow. She hadn't been able to enjoy a good back rub in a long while, and the snow made it all the more fun.  She growled playfully at herself, her body wiggling back and forth.

[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He'd dropped in the ranks, his slight absence clearing having been noticed, though he didn't mind all that much. Since then, he'd been working as hard as he used to, completing his duties to the best of his ability again. He was slightly ashamed of himself for not doing that before, but he was back on track again now. The yearling hadn't seen his father, Sylvas, much recently, but he'd catch up again with him soon. Kieran, for now, was taking a small break to go to the river and get a drink. He refused to use the snow as a water source, his mind continuously trailing back to his mother's death. He just... didn't... couldn't trust those odd white flakes that hardened in groups. No. 

The hunter approached the cold water with a small smile on his face, dispite his discomfort of Winter. Even if it was the season of his birth, he did not like it one bit. He was trying to remain positive, as he always did, for what good was there in being miserable? It only made those around you miserable, too, and that was something he wished strongly against. His ginger paws moved across the ground swiftly, carrying him to the water, where he slowed as a figure came into view. He perked his ears forward as he could not find any familiarity in their form. A new member? Or perhaps one that he'd simply just not met before?

He came closer, slowly, but did not yet bark a greeting. He watched, smile growing slightly as he stood from a small distance - the wolfess was shuffling on her back through the snow. After a moment he couldn't help it, letting out a boyish giggle. Then he barked his greeting, beaming.
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Aviana had let her guard down, confident that no one was around. But, being in a pack, someone was always bound to happen upon others. A bark quickly drew her out of her playful state, and she righted herself, though pressed her body to the ground in one fluid motion. Nope, nothing going on here. I was just laying here. The whole time.

Her eyes glanced around, looking for the source. A male. Her eyes pinned on him as if glued. He was a short distance away, and laughing. Clearly not a threat at the moment, her tail gave a small wag, the slightest of invitations to come closer. Aviana could not muster more seeing as how she didn't know him. She wondered who he was, though.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She seemed startled by his presence, and he supposed he could not blame her. Though his intentions had not been to startle - he had simply come across the wolfess on his walk. He gave her a warm smile, noting that she was a hunter he hadn't spoken to before. Well, he could change that today. "Sorry." He giggled again, spotting the slight invitation, allowing him to further approach.

He did keep a friendly distance between them, but his ginger ears tipped forward and he tilted his head a little. "Hello. I'm Kieran, we haven't met before have we?" No, no he did not think so. At least, he rather hoped not - it would be bad on his part if they'd met and he'd forgotten her and her name.
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He apologized as he approached, she figured for disturbing her fun. She shook her head, casting it off. It's okay, she responded. She noted he seemed to keep a little distance between, for which she was grateful. It allowed her to ease up a bit and raised herself to a sitting position.

She shook her head again to his question. No, but I remember you from the hunt, she commented. There hadn't been much opportunity to speak at the time, as they were all more focused on tackling the bighorn sheep. My name is Aviana, she offered. She really wasn't sure how to strike up the rest of the conversation, so she went quiet, allowing him to repsond if he wanted.

Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran nodded slightly, recalling her appearance at the pack hunt. "Ah, yes." He spoke as he remembered, then drew his tail around his paws as his large figure lowered into a sitting position, head tilted slightly at this wolfess. "Nice to meet you, Aviana, I'm Kieran." The young hunter gave her a little grin, hopeful at the prospect of yet another friend. Familiar faces, he enjoyed them all too much.

"How've you been getting on here? At Morningside, I mean." He inquired, partly to continue the conversation so it didn't die off, and partly because he was genuinly curious. He was always hoping the others would have a good time.
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Kieran, she committed to memory. Nice to meet you, too, Kieran, she responded with a soft smile. He asked the standard question, though she wasn't tired of it yet. She had come to know this pack as very welcoming, and concerned with just how she was settling in. She liked it. 

Very well, I suppose, she responded. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do, she added honestly. Grayday knows my plans may be to leave at some point, but he accepted me anyways. She wondered how on earth she was going to leave when he had been such a gracious host. She kept reminding herself that she had made a promise to Sebastian, and that she just couldn't simply go back on it.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She responded with a soft smile on her face, and Kieran grinned back. It was always pleasant meeting new members and finding possible friends. He enjoyed it very much - especially when he came across a nice wolf, which he'd admit most were. He doubted Grayday would let in a particularly rude stranger anyway, and he trusted the leader's judgement.

He was glad to hear she liked it here - after his constantly moving, loss filled childhood it had been a wonder he, Heartha... Hawthorn... and his father had found Grayday and been there to help form Morningside. It was his home. Even if two of those he'd originally travelled with had been lost during their time here. It was the home he'd had for the longest stretch of time, certainly a lot longer than his others. Besides, he thought he liked this one best, not really having much memory of the previous ones.

"I'm glad to hear. That does sound like Day, he's very considerate and accepting of things like that."[b] [/b]And then after a second thought, he added: [b][b]"It would certainly be a shame to see you go. What kind of plans did you have after you leave?" [/b][/b]Certainly he was curious. The young hunter had never felt any reason to leave Morningside, so perhaps an insight into what might drive one away would help him understand.
[/narrow]
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She nodded in agreement of his assessment of Grayday. Even in her short time here, she could see what a kind and considerate wolf he was. He fit the position of Alpha like a glove, as if he was born to do it.  

He asked about her plans, and she realized that they all pretty much fell on her brother. My brother is thinking of leading his own pack soon. I promised him I would join when that happened, she explained. Not sure when it's going to be. Right now, he's with Redhawk Caldera, and it seems they're in the middle of a war. He didn't want to leave them when they needed him the most. So, she had found a pack that would take her in for a while. If Aviana hadn't made that promise to Sebastian, she would have no reason to leave Morningside.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The wolfess' plans seemed to be primarily formed around her brother, and he could not blame her for it - family were generally close (at least, in his experience), and so it made sense she would want to be with her sibling. "A new pack, huh? Good luck to him, and to you too if you leave to join him." The boy smiled - starting a pack seemed like hard work, and he respected those who had the willpower to do such a thing.

Redhawk Caldera was an unfamiliar name to Kieran, but he noted it anyway, for it could prove useful to know the name. No ill intentions, but if anyone came to him wishing to know the location for example, he'd be able to help them. Besides, he was curious about all the packs that resided in the Teekon. The idea of a war caught his attention, and he felt a shiver of worry creep up his spine. One of his first memories, when he was but a newborn, a pack had invaded. They had forced him and his family out at such a desperate age, and any thought of war caused him to flinch involuntarily.

"I understand that logic, if a war was to happen here then I would never think of leaving during that time." Though he didn't plan to leave at all right now, he simply had no need.
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled gratefully at the male in front of her, glad that he was as understanding as his leader was. Thank you, she responded. If she did choose leave, she would try to find some way to say thank you to the pack for allowing her to stay here. It would be the least she could do.

She nodded, agreeing with him. I understand his reasonings, she responded. I just worry about him. It was hard for her to be so far away from him and not know if was alright or not. She wouldn't until she visited him. Even then, she knew she couldn't stay down there, and would return, only to continue her worry. The not knowing is the hardest, she admitted.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"No worries." The ginger-hued hunter shrugged, smile gracing his youthful face. Aviana seemed rather nice, he concluded, tail waving in a slight wag as he listened to the wolfess' words. Ah. Yes, he understood what that was like. Still did. He always wondered where his sister was, how his mother had died, where Hawthorn had gone. Not knowing could be excrutiatingly painful, and of course some cases were worse than others but the very idea of being unaware of someone's wellbeing (who you cared about) was difficult enough. "Yeah, I know what that feels like. It really is."

The boy fell silent for a moment, biting the inside of his cheek, before smiling at Aviana again. "Hey, I think I should go. Gotta get back to hunting - but thanks for talking to me. You seem pretty cool." His smile stretched into a grin before he stood up from where he was sat. "I'd love to talk again, or maybe hunt with you at some point before you leave?" Kieran inquired, hoping she might say yes. Firstly, it was another opportunity to put his skills to use, but it was also the chance to make a real friend out of Aviana, even if she wasn't going to stay.
English * French
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It made her feel a little less selfish that someone understood her feelings on Sebastian and the war. Even though she wouldn't ask him to leave and abandon his loyalty, she still wished he didn't have to be there. But, she was sure that once she was able to visit him, and see that he was (hopefully) alright, her fears would lessen.

She returned his smile as he told her he needed to leave, and quickly nodded when he invited her to hunt with him. I would enjoy that, she responded sincerely. Even though she didn't know when she was leaving, she did think it would probably happen at the spur of the moment. Still, she would make sure to find the time to hunt with him. And, you're cool, too, she added with a grin. She waited until he left to turn and leave the area herself. Maybe she would scout around the territory and see who else was out there that she could meet.