Bitterroot Valley Been Running, Running, Running
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome

How long had he been running? How long had he been looking behind his back, just waiting for a familiar face to pop out and take his life? How long had it been since he left his mate and family behind, as it was too late for them? 

It was much too long, too long to wrap his head around. Ever since things had gone wrong for him, Nevouku had just run, and run and run. Endlessly, always looking back to see if he was being followed. Putting to work the skills he had been taught the last time he was here. But, he doubted the pack he had been in would still be around. And the place he arrived at, he didn't recognize this area. Nevouku had never traveled this far.

He stopped for a moment under a tree, leaning his side against it, panting. It had been close to a day, perhaps two since his last drink. He needed to find water soon, or else.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
It had been an accident, at first; she'd fallen asleep only to wake in a world of white. It had taken her a moment to realize the weight on her, and a moment longer to realize the snow that surrounded her and panic. She'd burst out of the snow like a rocket, only to find, in hindsight, that staying under the snow kept her warm. Concepts of insulation were foreign to her, and thus she assumed that above the snow was cold, while below was warm and perfect for spending the nights. 

Only this time, she'd slept a little too long; by the time she burst out of the snow it was midday. And, it seemed, she was no longer alone - the little collie burst out of the ground quick suddenly only a few meters away from another dog - no, a wolf. She'd never truly met one of the elusive creatures; seen them distantly, certainly, but never this close. For a for moments she simply gaped, blinking sleep from her eyes as she stared, tongue seemingly leaden.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku didn't notice the other creature not too far away, not till they suddenly moved, and he too got startled by the sudden movement. He got as far back as he could against the tree, staring at the other thing. Huffing and puffing out of fear, before realizing, it was not another wolf. He sighed, relaxing. 

It was smaller than a wolf, in fact. But it was definitely a canine. Curiosity took over. He took a curious step forward, sniffing in her direction, trying to figure out what they were. "What...are you?"
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Had she scared the wolf? It seemed about as scared as she did, no, rather, more scared than she! He (as she'd determined him to be a he) seemed to relax as she did, when both creatures seemed to realize that they posed one another no threat. The male stepped towards her, seemingly curious, and she stepped forth in turn, staring before realize that that was "poor manners" and dropping her gaze. "I'm a dog - a collie." She said, brow wrinkling. She'd thought all dogs knew of wolves, but it seemed wolves (or at least, the single wolf she'd just met) did not know of dogs.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The name 'dog' he had heard. He recalled them being domesticated, which meant that they weren't seen in the wild...so that begged the question, why was this dog out here. "A dog...I've n-n-never seen a dog in the w-wild." And plus, she seemed so small, especially compared to other wolves.

"What...what are you doing out h-here?" he asked. He hadn't gotten over his stutter since he had it. "There's some p-pretty big wolves out there."
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Somehow, the wolf's stutter had her realize his tangibility. He was not some fable any longer, but here, before her, as real as herself. She didn't quite answer his first question, instead zeroeing in on his second, a head tilt punctuating her words. "should I be afraid?" She'd never feared wolves, rather, been wary and respectful of their presence. Her siblings had been afraid, perhaps rightly so, though she, perhaps a little bold, perhaps a little stupid, had never quite been able to.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The bravery of this dog surprised him. Reminded himself of how he once was, when he had a mate. Now, without his mate, he was back to his fearful, stuttering self. He raised a brow at her, then nodded. "S-Some of them are..pretty bad." That's what he had learned on his travels. 

"There are s-s-some nice ones though...here and th-there..." Her boldness reminded him even more of his own mate he had lost. It brought a sadness to his eyes, remembering her boldness.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Some, he said, were pretty bad; though that list obviously did not include the specimen before her. She was silent for a few moments after he finished speaking, considering. She'd not seen another dog for a few weeks, now, and this place seemed pretty thick with wolves. She'd have to learn to live alongside them, somehow, and thus her next question came a little hopefully.  "do you know of any nice ones besides yourself?" And, a moment later, "or ones I should avoid?"  She did not know if wolves were as familiar with each other as dogs where, or just how vast this territory stretched and how many wolves lived upon it. Still, as long as she was speaking to the male, she might as well gain some knowledge.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
nevouku nodded at the first, he knew a few. if they were still around, well that was another story. "I've kn-known a few here, y-yes. But I can't remember any to w-watch out for..." He paused for a moment, then asked a question of his own. "D...Do you have anywhere to g-go?" he asked, for Teekon was large. He had an idea set in mind of where he would head, but it just wouldn't sit right with him if this dog ended up going the wrong direction.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
His answer was vague, and she assumed that the good wolves were scattered around. She, it seemed, would merely have to take up the task of finding them. She was slightly relieved that he couldn't think of any terrible wolves off the top of his head; that rid her of the fear that the wolves of her mother's imagination lived, and lurked here somewhere. "I think I'll head south. It's supposed to be warmer in the south, isn't it?" She'd had a brief conversation with some songbird once, and what little she'd been able to understand had led her to the conclusion that it had been flying south, somewhere warm. Perhaps, if she walked long enough, she'd find a good place before winter caught up with her completely.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Nevouku guessed that was an answer he could get behind. "W-Well....I haven't g-gone that far south before...so maybe" he answered back. He paused for a long while, then recalled that she had been asleep, and thought he had woken her up. "I-if you want...you can go back to sleep...I c-can get going." He planned to move on, anyway.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The male didn't exactly affirm her sentiment, but she clung to it anyway; surely there must be warmth somewhere; she only had to find it. He was silent for a while, and the dog shifted her weight as she waited for him to speak once more. When he did, it was to offer to leave her be. She'd been rather glad for the company but did suppose the male had likely been going somewhere when she'd startled him. Still, she'd be sad to see the first company she'd had in a while go. "I think I'll hunt - I didn't mean to sleep so long." She rambled a little, tail dropping a little as she considered the long hunt ahead.
600 Posts
Ooc — Cody
nevouku tipped his head, then he shrugged. But really, he was a bit afraid for them. A rather small dog, in a world of wolves. Then again, he also did not want to interfere, having his own problems. "Well...g-good luck to you then." Then he started heading away, trying not to look back.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
"good luck!" She called back in turn, ears flicking backwards as she watched him leave. The sheepdog was quick to turn away and adopt a quick trot, forcing away the cold that settled deep into her bones, already in search of whatever small meal she could find. Luck would be with her that day, and she'd find a hare some time later; heading south all the while.