King Elk Forest Seeking refuge
18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Joining 
The tan she wolf travels through the frost bitten tree's as she paws the ice cold snow that laid untouched on the ground until now. She stops in her trek as she approaches the borderline of a territory, the wolf sniffs the ground and the scent mark is recent. She waits there for a slight moment debating internally on whether she should call to a pack wolf. The icy wind however makes up her mind for her. Her lone howl traveled through the trees and hopefully to the ears of a wolf of that pack.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Although she was no mercenary, patrolling the borders was kind of a new job Gracious had currently picked up. She had yet to meet the others of the pack and surely wasn’t trying to avoid them purposefully. She just never caught them in the right time. So instead, the burly female kept herself busy with little tasks.

As she patrolled during the cold morning, a howl disrupted her peace, making her lift her gaze and push her ears forward with curiosity. Just who was calling for an audience right now? Whoever it was, Gracious would meet them as soon as she could.

With a long stride trot, the hearty mountain of a woman made her way towards the liner whom she caught in her sight. With a more elevated head position and a waving tail behind her, she parted her lips to speak.

”Greetings, traveler. What brig you here?” She asked in a silvery voice, clear and gentle.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa

Fallyn watched as the she-wolf walked over in her direction. She chose her words very carefully so that there would be no misunderstanding before she spoke. "I wish to join." She said simply as her tail swayed out of the way as the young she-wolf carefully sat down in the snow. Fallyn shivered for a split second then slowly adjusted to the coldness that crept underneath.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Phone post. Formatting later. I'll edit in some more internal dialogue later as well!!

-----

Perhaps it was arrogant of her to feel inclined to come to the call of a foreigner at the borders of the place she had once considered home, yet still she swiftly made her way down.

Already, someone had beaten her there and though it shouldn't, jealousy and shame swirled within.

She caught not what the strange new member had said, but she was inearshot when the response came.

"Tindome is a trade based pack .  Do you have any skills?" she said as she materialized from the foliage, eyeing the she wolf.
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
@Brienne Fallyn was also a mediator but she was just being humble.

Fallyn hears the she-wolf's question and looks in her direction. She assessed herself before she started to answer. "In my last pack I was a hunter as well as a medic. I wasn't the best but I am a fast learner." She did not want to say that she was great because she knew that there would always be someone more experienced.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooc: just a heads up @Fallyn there is a posting order that you should follow in threads. Try not to skip people on their turns to post please :D

Gracious looked to the other with a soft glare, her misty eyes roaming her before noticing another pack member she had yet to talk to was already by her side. Gracious decided to let her do the talking while she just stayed as back up.

Hearing the skills she posses, Gracious likes to have thought the lady in front of her was a jack of all trades. An all-arounder was never bad to have in the pack. Gracious quirked a brow for a second before piping in. “What sets you apart from others, though?” She questions lightly, genuinely curious. “Every wolf must hunt to survive, what makes you you?”
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

brienne almost felt out of place standing between the two she-wolves.  once, recently, she had been the same and it was true that she would still be considered conventionally attractive, but her mood directly contrasted the two cheery girls.  her broken seaglass eyes met the foriegner evenly, flews turning down at her response.

the hulking white femme had put it nicer than the cemna ever would have — yes, they had plenty of, well, whatever this was already.  we have, at least, two medics to my knowledge, myself being one of them.  and every wolf should be able to hunt.  but she knew her estranged ex-lover would never turn someone away for this alone.  so long as you are comfortable with that, you should be fine.

she peers down at the girl who so confidently laid down in front of them, made herself comfortableanything else we should know?

18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Fallyn paws the ground as she thinks of what other skills she has. She does that whenever she thinks."Well I also doubled as a mediator. I was in charge of stopping both internal arguements within my pack as well as external arguments with other packs. I am rather good at that in my opinion. " The she-wolf thinks back to the time she stopped her alpha from nearly starting a war with another pack, which would of had been terrible for both parties.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Gracious decided to say nothing, for she would let her counterpart instead assess the female. She liked the skills that she was putting out, but Gracious knew words could only go so far. She would've enjoyed to observe the skills with her own eyes, but decided to leave it be for now. She could keep an eye on her once she was settling in.

Misty eyes flickered at the talk of a mediator. Gracious did have thoughts about becoming one, but she still wasn't sure what trades she would like to acquire. Perhaps, another time would be best to give thought. Her large and fluffy plume swung behind her before wagging a bit more actively. "If you think she is a good addition, friend, I'd be happy to have her join us," she said to her kindly, deciding to let the more experienced pack member make the final call.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

since you made another character to bring into tindome with essentially the same trades, i'm going to give brienne permission to do what i originally wanted her to do (but wasn't going to, because ooc i don't want to turn anyone down).  if this is a problem, dm me and i can change it.

perhaps she didn't have the authority anymore to turn anyone away, but with a fiery glint in her broken seaglass eyes, perhaps she muses, she doesn't fucking care.

this girl, barely a year old, comes to their borders and plops down without a shred of respect, and then spouts off the one-million duties she presumably had in her old pack.. yeah, right.  and even if she did?  they had bodies with those skills already.  they had too many.

oh, sounds like you're miss do-it-all.  it's cold and rude and perhaps if this had not been a young, bright girl that had with such confidence disrespected them, she might have been more lenient.  we have bodies.  we don't need more counselors or healers.  if you want to learn how to do literally anything else, you can follow me.  and if not?  scram.

and with that she turns sharply, trotting off somewhere where she can be a bitch all by herself.

his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
“Brienne!” Mato snarls at her, his teeth snapping at her retreating form in warning and in an effort to assert his dominance, fur bristling as he comes across the scene, catching the last bits of her snipe at the loner that is looking to join. She is gone before he can full blown scold her but if she thinks that means he will not seek her out after he is finished here then she is sorely mistaken. She will get her attitude under control, he thinks, or she will leave. He has no tolerance for that sort of behavior and just because she is angry with him does not give her the right to take it out on anyone else. He offers an apologetic look to Gracious and the loner. “Brienne speaks with a jurisdiction and authority she does not have,” and after what he’s seen today he is glad he had never promoted her to rule at his side as his queen. “Only leadership have the power to accept or decline loners at our borders.” He clarifies, in case that was, in any shape or form, forgotten.

“I am Mato, the Morwinyon.” The starlit king offers in a way of greeting; colder than he means it to be but he unbearable angry and frustrated as to what he witnessed. He is not sure if this conversation is, in any way, salvageable but he is yet going to try. “She is right on a single thing, though. As it currently stands we have an imbalance in our ranks as they are mostly counselors and medics as their primary trades,” He hates to put a damper on which trades wolves can claim or not ( as it goes against Tindómë’s founding values ) but they need some balance in their ranks. “Are there any other trades you know? Or perhaps would be willing to learn?” Mato inquires of the stranger.
18 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Fallyn looks at the large wolf who introduced himself as Mato "Other trades..." The she-wolf thought of other trades she might want to educate herself in and one popped in her head almost immediatly. She continued on as she spoke softly. "....Well I've always had a knack for astrology and toxicology, see I've traveled a lot since me and my brother were seperated, and when I left my pack, I have learned a lot of knowledge of foreign plants and herbs from a pack up north of Teekon Wilds. I learned about the stars by my mother Echo" She smiled as she thought of those wolves who had taught her so much and of her mother.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
ooc: phone post, will format later. Late reply due to my finals finishing!

While Brienne was brisk and short with the young girl, the leader of their home, Mato, wasn’t exactly pleased with her behavior towards a possible recruit. Although Gracious didn’t understand their history nor know the two of them, she had a feeling his behavior towards her wasn’t just from this scene. She let it be for now and kept her mouth shut.

Instead, she lowered her stature a bit, not wanting to seemingly challenge her authority. She let him do the talking and just stood kind of in the background as a backup and a second opinion if asked to voice such a thing.
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
tiny, poopy wrap-up post

The truth is they need hunters and they need mercenaries to even out their massive unbalance but he supposes that naturalist isn’t a bad trade. It is his own primary trade, after all, though his duties do not allow for him to pursue them as actively as he once had. “Welcome to Tindómë, then, Fallyn.” Mato accepts her with a dip of his head. “Come, I will give you the tour.” With that he dismisses Gracious and leads Fallyn on the tour of the King Elk Forest.