Jade Fern Grove things have changed for me, and that's okay;;
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Xahi
So they're actually just barely on their way but the intended destination is Jade Fern Grove
When Alarian and Lennon returned to their group, they were both much more at ease. The boy tried to hide his joy at their conversation, but could not help shooting the other affectionate glances.
Xahi seemed the best candidate to take with him for a hunt, so he had shyly made the offer-- and now they were off, traveling together in search of prey. He wasn't certain what to say at first, really. What was there to say, after his rather terrible overreaction to her arrival? Not that she would know much of that, but still; he was embarrassed.
So uhh... are you settling in alright? Smooth, Ali.
The Green-Eyed Ghost Lives On
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi had been quite surprised when the striking and, to her, somewhat mysterious male, Alarian, had asked her to hunt with him. Xahi had found it quite obvious that he had been affected in some...strange way by her arrival. The dark-faced girl was a little wary of the boy's intentions due to the way he had reacted at her arrival.
     Now, they had finally set off onto their trek to the hunting grounds they were searching for. Finally, the deafening silence was broken by Alarian's voice, and Xahi snapped her head towards him. 
     "Oh, um, yes. Thank you for asking." The woman cleared her throat. "I'm sorry, if, the other day, I surprised you. I didn't mean to come in out of the blue. I've just-um, been alone for so long...Lennon, he made me think about joining a group again and I...well, anyway, I'm sorry." Xahi glanced over at the boy, studying his reaction.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The boy was surprised at Xahi's words; he knew he had reacted a little badly but didn't expect she would pick up on it so well. After a moment of pause he decided honesty was the way to go.

You don't need to be sorry! Things were... weird between me and Lennon. It's not you. The confession was more than enough for Ali to share willingly. Though, his walls were weak right now, and he expected any curiosity on her part might lead to more confessions. It was an uncomfortable thought, so he pushed it aside for the moment.
I think you're nice, and I'm glad we have another friend. Ali hoped he had conveyed what he meant properly. He did want the girl around, especially after his talk with Lennon. She sounded like she needed a home, and the boy hoped their group could be that home.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
The boys’s reply calmed her nerves just a bit more, but she was still confused as to why he had been so negative. “You and Lennon, are you...partners?” She asked.
     Once an answer was given, Xahi added a follow up question. “I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but, what happened between you two? When I arrived your eyes...” she trailed off. “You seemed...like you were in great pain.” Xahi directed her emerald gaze back at Alarian, wondering how he would respond.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Ali wondered, then, if he and Lennon were partners or not. He wasn't exactly around to ask, so the boy was left to come up with his own answer.
No, not partners yet, I think. But... we care for each other. Alarian admitted shyly. He hoped Lennon wouldn't mind him telling others-- but his companion didn't seem the type to be ashamed of him.
At her next question, he tilted his head slightly.
It's... kind of complicated. I didn't exactly know my feelings weren't unrequited until recently. He couldn't really think of a better explanation, though it did sound a bit lame. I overreacted... because you're so pretty.
The last few words were a shamed, rushed mumble. He was quick to add: I'm sorry I made you feel unwelcome. Everything's okay now, with me and Lennon, and I hope it can be okay with me and you, too.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi was silent as Alarian explained that he and Lennon had feelings for each other. It pricked at Xahi’s spirit the tiniest bit, as she had quickly become intrigued, or rather, interested in the boy when she met him. However, it was nothing the woman wouldn’t get over, eventually.
     Xahi’s cheeks grew hot as the male named her beauty. Xahi had never thought herself to be bad-looking, but she had never thought herself to be quite pretty either. Her beauty standard was Ezimette, a purely white she-wolf with gorgeous green eyes, and, well, that was not the way Xahi looked... Save the eyes. 
     “I see. Attraction is,” Xahi laughed as she recalled her conversation with young Korei, “complicated, to say in the least.” The dark-faced girl gave a warm smile at her hunting companion, nodding her slim head in response. “I’m glad to hear that, and, of course it can be.
    Xahi was beginning to turn her head the other way when she had another thought. Just as Korei shouldn’t be alone, Alarian shouldn’t either. “Hey, um, I know we’ve only just spoken, but I’m around if you ever want to talk. I-I want to people to know they will always be heard by me.” Xahi’s heart was pricked just a tiny bit more as she said those words, but her overall feeling was happy, and her body-language showed it. She wagged her tail with content at the direction of the conversation.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you, Xahi. I'm here for you, too! Alarian's eyes were warm, and he wagged his tail at her before adding a bit awkwardly and very shyly: You know, it doesn't bother me anymore if he likes you-- or if you like him.
The boy smiled kindly, but a little mischievously. Just so you know.
It was the truth, actually; now that he was secure and certain of his place in Lennon's heart, it didn't make sense that his connection with another should diminish that. Or the other way around. Somehow, he felt that his companion-- maybe lover?-- would agree, or at least see where he was coming from. He was so very open-minded, and it was just another thing Alarian loved about him.
The boy kind of hoped Xahi might see things the same way; he didn't want to take something away from them that could have been happiness.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi felt warm with happiness as Alarian responded incredibly well  to her offer. However at the next sentence, Xahi stopped in her tracks at Alarian’s next comment. “You-you don’t mind?” The girl was quite surprised. While she was fine with being incredibly intimate with the ones she was close to, however, the idea of sharing a partner was new to her. Xahi wanted to find her spirit-mate one day, but perhaps she wouldn’t be opposed to sharing a partner. If she found a mate, though... 
     Xahi decided to approach this with an open mind. She smiled at him. “Okay, that’s good to know.” She winked at him and continued padding on.
~ X A H I ~
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
You can post again to have Xahi respond / specify how she did on the hunt before archiving or just archive as is if you want :D
Alarian shrugged a bit playfully, secretly glad she had responded well. Well, he is amazing-- I'm not so selfish that I'd keep him all to myself.
He touched his nose to her shoulder briefly, tail wagging. It was exciting to have another he could confide in, and to know already some of the kindness she possessed. I think we'll be good friends.
Then it was time to do what they came for-- hunt. The boy was able to focus better than usual, but prey was always a bit scarce in the cold months. He mostly focused only on the plumper animals he came across, and managed to snag two hares and a fox. When they were finished hunting, he offered his new companion a sweet smile, thinking that he might never feel lonely again with all these new friends.
76 Posts
Ooc — Ezi/Florian
Xahi had come up with 3 hares, as she was basically built for hunting quick animals. On their return, Xahi bathed in the warmth of new friendship, cloaking herself with the brilliant feeling. But she was still pretty damn cold.
~ X A H I ~