Swiftcurrent Creek there is nothing for me to burn, nothing but myself
3 Posts
Ooc —

How dare he subject her to all of this. To be forced to trudge through the snow in search of him, starving and alone, when they could've both been stronger together! Cupun knew she would make him pay for this disservice - this was no way to treat family. Not that.. Family... Was a particularly prominent aspect of her life, or anything. Whatever! She was pissed, she was tired, and she needed some way to vent that involved blood. The snow had made a powerful attempt to skew her path. Certainly it had ruined any chance Cupun had to hunt down a meal, and even frozen the rare carcass she'd found into hunks of useless material unfit for consumption. Yeah, this was all Baal's fault. He would pay for this.

His path had led steadily west and she, eager to reunite with him for nefarious purposes or otherwise, had kept up a good pace. That had flagged a few days ago when hunger urged her to detour; then, having frustrated herself enough by going in circles in the snow, she'd picked up his trail again and fervently given chase. The river she came upon was sluggish from the frost - the slowest parts having frozen over, encasing fish and other things within its depths. Cupun did not linger long in any one spot. She trailed the bank and sought a way across. That was when her luck changed.

That was when she spots him. A lonesome, haggard figure with his head bowed as if in prayer to the water. He didn't see the grin spread like a fine line across her face; the look faded within seconds as she charged along - quick and fleet of step, silent through the snow - until he raised his head. Cupun ducked and held herself low to the icy soil, merging with the snowscape in case he had spotted her; the girl's pupils dilate like a hungry cat's as she watches, but her brother turns away and begins a slow escape.

Cupun cannot let this chance escape her - she leaps from cover and charges straight for him, gaining ground until she is flanking him, and lets that dangerous grin return to her gaunt face - Brother. she snipes through her teeth - wild, violent, and hungry for recompensation for all the trouble he has caused her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is nothing for me to burn, nothing but myself - by Cupun - December 15, 2017, 02:41 AM