Neverwinter Forest The place the eye does not see.
69 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
all welcome!

When Hydra requested that he complete a mission to her satisfaction, Talion begun it at once. Despite the grim sky's promise of heavier snowfall, the young Roux-Abrhen felt new determination and made his way North to track the herd he'd been told of. He hadn't even paused to consider how similar the situation was to his most recent disappointment, when Freyja had sent him on a wild goose chase in search of a place to settle her budding pack, only to go on her way and waste his precious time.

Moonspear was already well established, however, and Hydra was not Freyja. He supposed it made sense to send potential new recruits in search of proof that they could follow instruction and be of use, rather than stagnate among the ranks. Talion, although anxious that he might not find any trace of the all that apparently resided nearby, clung to hope that his mission could be completed swiftly.

Exhaustion crept up on him, though he did not let it win until he reached the heart of an evergreen woodland. Slowing his pace, the peppered yearling scanned the darkness for any sign of a good place to rest for a while before resuming his task.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper was lurking nearby however she knew not that another wolf was also nearby. She had postponed her search for a pack for a while and decided to search for a place to occupy for the time being. The winter was very unpredictable this year, she knew that it could change at any moment and the young she-wolf didn't want to be outside without shelter when it decided to do so.
69 Posts
Ooc —
Talion was tired and hungry, but eager to please his potential new leaders. While the determination in him urged that he fight his exhaustion and soldier on to be back at Moonspear in record time with the information that Hydra requested, the peppered yearling knew that he'd concentrate better if he rested for a while.

He was so tired that sleep would come easy and he was tempted to curl up in the snow, but instead the boy trudged on in search of someplace dry. Talion shook his pelt of loose snow that had clung to his fur on the way into the forest, and exhaled a soft huff of relief as he set about searching the darkness of the woods for a comfortable spot.

The sound of padding paws on the cold earth distracted him, however, and Talion pricked his obsidian ears as he turned his raven crown in the direction the sound had come from. He chuffed softly, announcing his presence to the stranger as he spotted them move through the trees, and flicked his tail in a friendly manner to announce that he meant no harm.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The noise travels through the tree's and towards Whisper's ears, making them perk up. She concentrates on where the sound originated from and looks in that direction. She looks at the stranger and judging by his size she knew that he was a male. "Why hello, I didn't know anyone else was here." The young wolf says in a non threatening way as she spoke softly.
69 Posts
Ooc —
He shifted in his place, trying to get a better look at the other loner as they halt and turn eyes on him. No move is made toward him, but he noted that the voice was clearly female, which initially made him regret his decision to announce his presence. Although better practiced since arriving in the Teekon, Talion was still pitifully shy of the fairer sex. Not wanting to make his newest acquaintance feel uncomfortable, however, the peppered yearling braved a polite smile.

"My name is Talion," he told her, "I hope I didn't disturb you...?"
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper sat down as the male introduced himself as Talion. "No, your alright." The young cream pelted she wolf could sense his shyness and smiled back as she introduced herself as well "My name is Whisper. Nice to meet you. Are you new here?" She decided that she might as well ask, she had never seen him or any other wolf lately.
69 Posts
Ooc —
The wolfess lowered her rear, seemingly settling herself in preparation for their conversation to continue beyond a simple introduction. Talion blinked, wondering if she'd been heading anywhere in particular or if she'd been wandering aimlessly, hoping to find company.

She offered her name, and the peppered yearling gingerly moved closer to her before pausing a comfortable distance away. "No," he said without thought, then twitched his nose as he reconsidered. "Well... I guess. I've never been in this forest." He looked briefly up at the evergreen branches above. "I'm just passing through."
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Is there a specific place that your heading to, or are you lost." The wolf she was looking at, looked rather young or at least younger than her. His demeanor and voice confirmed his age and he was indeed a yearling. The she-wolf pawed the dirt as she waited for him to respond.
69 Posts
Ooc —
The golden female asked of his destination, and he rolled a slim shoulder in a form of shrug. "Looking for signs of a herd that's been heading North," in hindsight Talion should have kept that information to himself, should the group he was tracking be small enough for another pack to steal away any opportunity. But this wolfess seemed to be entirely alone, considering her scent was her own. "I'm trying to join Moonspear, one of their leaders asked that I complete a mission before I can be considered."

He lifted his periwinkle gaze to dare a glance at his newest companion's features. "Do you live here?" Talion enquired, wondering how Whisper supported herself through the cold season with no assistance of a pack.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper remembered a herd that she had seen not too long ago heading west from the place she was currently at. She chuckled before answering the male's question. "No, I don't really live anywhere really. I just wander." Thhe young she-wolf's voice softened as she spoke.
69 Posts
Ooc —
When Whisper laughed, the young hunter pricked his ears before tilting them back, confused. He blinked at her, wondering if what he'd said about his attempt to join Moonspear was amusing to her, or if she found her own situation as a loner was funny. Either way, Talion felt rather awkward, and it showed in the shuffling of his paws.

"Oh," he sad, his voice small. His own experience as a lone wolf had been draining, mentally and physically, and he couldn't help but wonder how others could go their whole lives without the support of a pack. "Do you plan on settling anywhere, or...?" Talion asked, trying not to let uncomfortable silence linger between them for too long.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The she-wolf's expression softened as she saw him shuffling in the snow. "One day if I find the right pack, but I saw the deer herd you were tracking head west of here." She decided not to keep the information to herself seeing that he needed it more than her anyhow. She would hunt herself something after if she got hungry enough.
69 Posts
Ooc —
She softened, and answered his question vaguely. Talion supposed she might have the luxury of time to look for a suitable group to band, where he felt he would struggle to continue searching. How would one even know that their chosen pack to be "right" anyway? He hadn't really considered the strong possibility that he might not get a long with the established wolves, but he hoped he could integrate himself and truly be one of them.

Whisper mentioned the herd he said he'd been tracking earlier, and his blue eyes lit up. His smile returned and his tail whipped to attention, sweeping the air at his rear. "Thank you," he chipped, grateful for the tip, and made to excuse himself: "it was nice meeting you, but I should get going!"

He gathered himself then, striding past the golden female to lope in the direction she claimed to have seen the herd travel in.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper watched the young wolf walk away, his stance was more full of confidence now after she told him about the heard. "It was nice meeting you as well." The tawny gold female feels happy that she was able to help him. "Good luck on your quest!" She called out as the male slowly disappears into the trees.