King Elk Forest Night Watch
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Joining 
Kota had become restless in the months that followed his departure of his birth pack. He had been put out after he became of age to either find a new pack or make his own. The wolf knew that he could not make his own yet, so he began his search for a pack. Navigating through the trees he comes across a border of a pack. He is careful not to cross it, he lingers.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
phone post, pardon any errors

winter continues relentlessly, but delight likes it. maybe because he's a winter baby - or because it has afforded tindome substantial growth. (he worries about burke, but that aside...)

he follows the scent of the stranger easily, making his way across the border casually. with a start he realises at some point he's gotten used to this. huh. anyway: "what brings you to our borders, fella?"
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota hears someone heading in his direction, when the wolf gets closer he can tell that he was of high rank. Kota looks at the male and begins to speak. "I am in search for a pack." The young wolf decides to get straight to the point of his quest.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

straight to the point, this one is. delight straightens slightly, watching him with renewed interest. "you've found one. this is tindómë -- what skills do you have to offer?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The wolf thinks for a moment. "I am moderately skilled in hunting and medicine. I'm not great but I can learn to be. " He humbly explains his skills breifly as he looks up at the pack wolf. Kota had never talked to another wolf besides the one's that were in his birth pack. The wolf waits for the pack wolf to respond
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

maybe he needs to start phrasing that question differently - everybody says hunting. and yeah, it's useful, and yeah, mato's particular about not dictating others (and delight isnt comfort doing that anyway). he shrugs. "okay. pretty much everyone can hunt. we've got a couple medics so you can work with them if you'd like to." he pauses, then adds, "are you any good at fighting?" not that they really need warriors but - some muscle would be good, since no one's stepped up to fill the particular hole trajan left behind.

delight shifts, and clarifies a little. "our rank system is not traditional - we base it on the skills you decide to hone. we also share the forest with a creature named the king elk - he isn't to be bothered - oh. and what's your name." easy enough, he thinks, moon eyes expectant as he watches the stranger.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota nodded at the wolf's information. "Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself. My name is Kota." The wolf introduces himself and sits down. "I haven't done a lot of fighting, but I have been a fill in as a mediator and an ambassador." Kota describes his many jobs that he had performed in his last pack.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

kota. well, delight's not about to make him fight, so he shrugs and accepts it. "that's pretty handy," he says. "okay, kota - my name's delight and i'm our nénar, sorta like right hand man to our leader, the morwinyon. if you're willing to prove yourself and respect the king elk, you're welcome to join us." nice and smooth. kota seems healthy and hardy and, well, they could use the numbers for winter at least.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He listened to the wolf speak and once he was done, the male wolf Kota; being the straight forward eager to please wolf that he was smiled slightly as he spoke, "Of course I can." His enthusiasm was apparent in his voice as his grey tail swayed slightly back and forth. "Nice to meet you and thank you." The young wolf bows his head slightly in respect before stand up.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
feel free to reply once more or archive as is! :)

he appreciates the enthusiasm, and nods once, tail waving against his hocks softly. "c'mon, i can show you around," the nénar informs their newest núro as he turns to lead the other deeper into the forest, giving him a little tour before letting him get settled in.