Dragoncrest Cliffs a mission to civilize
86 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Mercenary thread please? :)

With the knowledge that Thuringwethil and many others will be leaving, Ajatar has spent more time on the borders. If all those in the army go, that leaves her next in line, with @Tirgatao and very briefly has she spoken with her. She’s fond of the older woman and she’s thankful she’s here. If Drageda had more of their own wolves that knew their way of life, she’s certain she’d feel more comfortable, but for the time being she takes it one day at a time. When all is said and done, the war is over and winter has come to a close, she may request to return home if there is nothing more for her here.

Distracted as she is, she doesn’t realize the deteriorating corpse is coming up. The cold weather has slowed the process down and he’s blanketed with a light layer of snow, and she flinches when the dark fur catches the corner of her eye. She is not easily startled, but the cold has killed the much of the smell. Ajatar takes a deep breath, gathers herself, and keeps moving south along the borders.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Sry for the wait

Seri was on the look out for other members of the pack. She knew that many of them would be heading out soon and she still wasn't really sure as to what the reason was. She heard what the heda said and understood it, but she lacked alot of back story that would have brought everything together. 

Unlike Undersea and the other packs she had been in after her birth pack this one was far more interesting. With back story connecting three packs together and an interesting language that Seri still very much wanted to learn. 

She wasn't sure who best to ask, but she spotted a light colored young female and thought she was as good a place as any to start. She caught up with her and began to walk with her a yard or two away from her side and introduced herself. "Hello there. My name is Seri. I'm new and I don't think we have meet." she stated and waited for the other females responce.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Ajatar spots the wolf as she comes into view, approaching her with purpose. She does not change the course of her direction and even as the other points her out, and introduces herself, she nods but does not come to a stop. Her pace slows only a little—a subtle invitation for Seri to tag along—and points her nose to indicate she isn’t going to stop. “I am Ajatar,” she says, moving along, hopefully with Seri beside her.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she spoke Seri stopped near this individual, but found that she would have to follow her to hear her speak her name and continue with a possible conversation. She didn't mind too much, it was just unexpected. She much be one of the pack patrolers, Seri thought, and continued along side her, not wanting to disrupt her duties. 

She gave her name and nothing more. It seemed to be a common trend Seri was running into. Having others answer her question or give the minimum required response. It seemed a terrible way to conversate. "It's nice to meet you Ajatar." she said, saying a normal responce. "So Ajatar. What do you do for the pack? Your rank or trade?" she asked, ready to get to know the others within this pack, even if it might require some prodding.
86 Posts
Ooc —
It does not surprise her the other comes along, nor does she suspect it will be a silent patrol either. Some of the wolves have been curious if her but her purpose her has been limited. Since Thuringwethil recovered from her illness, she’s been idle in waiting. With them off to war, the chance is not too far, but she waits for the day she knows for certain before taking the crown and if that means educating those still here then so be it. If anything, it buys a little time to keep them entertained.

”I am a fos goufa, she explains, thinking back to speaking with Étoille, surprised she misses his prolonged absence. He’d been somewhat eager to learn, as much as he could be if she had to guess. ”It means I am next in line to be commander when Heda is no more, unless another is born,” she adds on, focused on the curve of trees as she continues to travel down the southern border. ”I train and learn to lead but I enjoy the history of our kind.”
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She revealed her rank, another word from their special language that Seri still wished to learn. It didn't seem to main anything other then to replay her place in the pack, which was rather high up from Seri's understanding. It made her alittle bit more timid, wanting to make sure her first impressions with this female went well. Having good realations with upper level member of the pack would be a good first step to becomming a intrical member of the pack.

When she spoke about likeing the pack's history Seri thought it would be a good chance to see what more she could learn about the pack. "From what I have heard it sounds really interesting. Would you be willing to tell me some more about it?" she asked. Wondering if this higher ranking wolf would have time to educate her.
86 Posts
Ooc —
When Seri asks to learn more of their ways, she looks to her. Her feet slow a little to gauge her expression, thinking about Étoille. He’d offered his dedication to her first hand and he’s been off in war, with the enemy, to show for it. He is new to them, just as Seri, and she Ajatar gives her a little bit of room for error. Ajatar nods her head, then looks back ahead and picks up her pace. She doesn’t compromise the check on the borders, making both of them twice as useful for their claim and Seri’s ability to understand them better.

“The Heda is a vessel to the spirit of our first commander, as well as those that have led us since then. When Heda dies, if I am the only fos goufa, they will then be with me, but if another is born, we fight for it. There is only one survivor,” she explains, licks her lips. Since Seregrýn has been stripped of her status—and not killed, as she believed should have happened—she is so far the only one in line.
136 Posts
Ooc — Raven
As she listened to what Ajatar was saying she followed her along on her patrol, taking glances here and there, but mostly listening to what she had to say. As she spoke Seri heard aspects of spirituality with the Heda being a "vessel" as well as war and royal like herarchy. The fighting to the death seemed a bit harsh if not barbaric. Wasn't there another way that the role could be decided. Fighting seemed alright, but hearing that it had to go as far as killing was a bit of a shock for Seri. 

The word born being used made Seri think that it was similar to Royalty and that it had to be a blood line, but to kill ones own siblings, was it all that beneficial to only have one wolf per generation. She thought she might be missing something. "So how do you become a fos goufa?" she asked attempting to pronounce it correctly. "Are you born into it? Would that make you the Heda's daughter?" she asked further.
86 Posts
Ooc —
Ajatar is not surprised by the questions Seri asks. They are more eager than Étoille, which is a little nice, but he seems keen on proving himself. Even putting himself in the middle of battle, a danger to a pack he’s so new to. It gives Seri a good open with her, and her a more willing chance to explain how they work. If Thuringwethil continues to let outsiders in (will that change, now that there is a war?), she has to educate those that stay. So, Ajatar explains the depths of fos goufa, and what it means with ease and their purpose and lack of relation to one another until the girl is satisfied and Ajatar can finish her patrol.