Dragoncrest Cliffs face your fears, run with scissors
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
Another morning and another failure. She’d been stalking the early bird seagulls along the northern shore of Drageda, just where the cliffs meet and drape down into neutral territory. She’d never been much of a bird hunter, having only succeeded once but the creature had been injured, making it an easy target. Since then, her attempts at turkeys have been a bust as well as other birds. This one was just much too fast and fled before she got a chance to even try.

Once she takes a moment to pick up her dignity, she gathers herself together and heads back. She thinks to maybe find Blixen but she realizes she hasn’t seen @Rose in a while and the nights were getting colder. Her offer to sleep in the den for shared warmth hasn’t been brought up, either. Maybe Rose doesn’t want her company anymore after things started to get complicated and she found herself living in her head too much. Furi releases a sigh but she moves anyway, hoping to catch her trail sooner or later.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
:3

Rose had caught the scent of one of the newbies and had on a whim decided to seek them out. There was a certain comfort in the fact that so many new faces had recently joined. It made her feel less on the outs and meeting new wolves around her age was always a pleasant surprise. However when she caught sight of Furi in the distance, the fiery girl easily pulled away from her current route and began her trot towards the gona. “Hey” she called out, tail swishing happily behind her.

She hadn’t seen her friend for some time and Rose couldn’t help but wonder if things had smoothed over with her and Blixen. She wanted to voice her questions but the aspiring medic didn’t feel it was her place to ask such things and thought it best to keep her curiosity to herself. Instead Rose positioned herself to walk beside the gona and moved to give the girl a friendly shoulder bump. “Whatcha been up to?” she asked, eyes occasionally glancing between Furi and the snow cloaked floor while she waited for a response.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
After a while, the faint scent of Rose catches up to her and her eyes widen, ears cup forward, and her feet feel the itch to move a little faster. The response is barely noticeable as she soon finds the girl, brushing it away as an eagerness to see her friend. “Hey,” she greets with a wide grin on her face. For a moment, she doesn’t have anything to worry about and she should wonder why she doesn’t do this more often. “I was looking for you,” she says, her overly happy expression slowly fading away into something neutral but with the remnants of a smile to be told.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The kru’s ears gave a small twitch at her friend’s words, gaze briefly falling to Furi’s face while she thought of reasons why she might be sought after. She assumed it was nothing of dire importance since a howl had never been sent up for her, and since Furi didn’t appear to be in any rush, Rose could only guess that it was simple casual talk the gona was after. “Oh. How comes?” she questioned, curiosity clearly evident in her tone.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
“I wanted to know if the tree was… um, working out,” she says with a few swishes of her tail. It’s probably best not to mention she failed at trying to catch something for her. Sure, it’s the thought that counts but she doesn’t feel like spreading around her embarrassment. “It’s been getting kind of cold and, you know…” she pauses, then glances away from her friend. “My offer still stands.” This time, she smiles a little wider, and steps closer to bump her nose against her cheek.
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
The tree. Rose let’s out a soft hum while she thinks on her den, recalling all of the changes she had made to it since her last talk with Furi. “It’s good. I’ve added furs and found a place nearby to store herbs.” She liked it, so much so that Rose wouldn’t be surprised if she came to decline the warmth of Hougeda and instead opted to sleep in her den. It was peaceful and quiet in her little shelter and having spent the majority of her life sleeping alone, the russet girl never gave any thought on sleeping with others, hence why she never mentioned anything to Furi.

But when her friend speaks again and the words have time to roll around in Rose’s head, the kru eventually puts the pieces together and comes to realize the girl had been waiting for an invitation. “Oh” she let’s out at the realization, cheeks warm from the gona’s brief touch. “I didn’t realize I had to go to you, I just kinda assumed you knew you were always welcome.”
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
It is good to hear Rose has been settling in well. With furs and a place to store her work, she wonders if she’ll come to Hougeda eventually or keep her little space. She already shares a space with Blixen, and they’d gotten off to a rough start, how awkward would that be? Not voicing her question, too worried about the answer she might get, she brushes it off with a smile.

“Oh,” she says quietly, once she speaks again about the offer, mimicking the ginger girl with a twist of her lips. “I didn’t really want to… intrude, I guess,” Furi adds with an awkward laugh and flick of her tail. She does not realize how close she’s stayed. After a moment, she takes a slow step back, glancing away to stare at the ground instead. The exchange is still awkward, and she wonders if that will ever change. They spend a little more time together before, ultimately, Furi finds herself wandering off.