Stone Circle But my fate is in your hands
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
All Welcome 
Several times now he had planned to visit his sister again, certain that enough of time had passed for her to be away from her children. Yet, each time he had set out to see her, something came up, thereby preventing him from making the short journey. Today, however, he refused to let that happen. As the sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon, Alexander departed from the valley, his destination set in stone: Easthollow. Nothing would stop him this time, the weeks having grown too great in number since their last meeting. Deep down, it worried him as the realisation set in, wondering if she might send him away. Shaking his head, he shoved the possibility to the back of his mind and focused on where he was going.

So close that they were, it didn’t take long for the Inuk to reach his sister’s claim. Lingering along the outskirts, he raised his muzzle and howled for @Valette.
I can give it all to you, will you take it all from me
If love is a joke, then use me ruthlessly
Threads are titled after lyrics from Block B's “Toy”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger

Valette was a bit surprised to hear her brother's howl coming from the borders. The female quirked up her lips. She didn't think he would return to her borders as he usually ran away from things. However, now it seemed that he was really here to stay. Valette trotted towards the border to great her brother. She knew that his howl would probably attract the attention of Nanook as well. She would probably want to see her brother too.

Valette almost missed him with his coat being as white as the snow. The female approached. "So you kept your promise after all," she spoke to him. Valette hadn't made it a secret that she was a disbeliever in his promise, yet not he took the first step Valette felt that she could start trusting him again. "How have you been, brother?"
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Whilst he was one with the snow, his sister stuck out like a sore thumb against the white backdrop. He spotted her immediately but remained where he was, not wanting to get too much closer to her lands; although they’re siblings, he didn’t want to make it seem like he had such little respect for her that he would march right up to her claim. By the time she reached him, he was already sitting down, comfortable enough around her to lower his guard. The first words out of her mouth made him wonder if the same could be said for her, but he didn’t bother with asking, not wanting to ruin their meeting. They were making progress with their relationship and he didn’t want to destroy that by lashing out in any way. “I told you I would,” was all he said in regards to her comment, voice even.

Moving on, he tried to forget the reminder of her lack of faith in him and instead focused on her follow-up question. “I’ve been fine. I’ve even met some others that are interested in joining my pack,” he said. “How about you? How have you been?” As the questions slipped passed his lips, he took the opportunity to look over her, the lack of weight around her midsection immediately standing out to him. “You had your kids,” he noted, returning his gaze to her eyes. “How many are there?” Even though he’d never shown any interest in children before, this felt different. They were related to him—family—and they wouldn’t be replacing him in any way; Alexander had despised his younger siblings when they were born, certain that they’d steal his father’s affections and leave him without a parent. Then, later on, he’d had a falling out with their mother and hated them because of her. But now… now the children were his nieces and nephews, there wasn’t any place for them to steal or affections for them to hoard. They were just new additions to his family that he couldn’t help but take an interest in.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noted the respect he showed for her borders. She had to admit that she liked that. He really seemed changed in a better way. She liked that he had respect for her borders, for her. Valette relaxed more as she stood before him. His scent wasn't so intense anymore. He had shed those stenchy layers of grime that came from Blackfeather lands. She was glad for him to be out of the toxic environment. "You did," she confirmed with a bit of a smile.

"I'm happy for you, Xan," she spoke in return. She truly was. Perhaps this would be the right thing for him to do and heal from their childhood drama. She then nodded in answer to his question. "I've been well," she spoke. "Very well, actually." Valette noticed that her brother was looking at her midsection again. He seemed to be quite fascinated and shocked at the same time the last time he looked at it. "I did," she nodded proudly. "Three. Two girls, Steph and Clary. One boy, Ezra," she continued on the same proud tone. She couldn't help it. She realized she could only be proud of them. "All three very healthy and still doing well."

Valette battered her eyes at her brother. She briefly hesitated. "Would you like to meet them?," she asked. She wasn't sure if his interest in them reached that far. She was never interested in the half-siblings she had through their father. She didn't want to know them. She was busy enough with her own family. "Nanook is here as well, Xan. She returned. She has been a good aunt for my children. She is healing as well. One day I hope Sesi will return to me as well," she admitted but there was only a small hope for their timid sister.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Often did wolves call from the border, yet seldom did they address her sister so directly. The utterance drew up the curiosity to follow, and Nanook dropped her current pursuit to rally herself toward the cusp of the Hollow.

At first she didn’t see the stranger, only the dark form of Desna against the backdrop of snow. But as she squinted and drew nearer with slow and calculated, he materialized, and her step caught mid stride.

But where she once would have cowered and retreated to the shadows, Nanook found her legs sprinted her the last few yards to her sister’s side, ears tall and copper eyes intense with the fire of her youth. Familiarity stirred within - amongst a myriad of other emotions she couldn’t yet place. She only caught Desna’s last string of words, yet those and his appearance combined were enough to click every piece into place.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Speaking to her didn’t feel quite as… forced this time around. He was more at ease, having started to heal after all that he’d gone through; he missed Kendra terribly and would always remember her, but focusing on Bearclaw Valley helped to keep his mind from constantly drifting back to her. Seeing his sister and reestablishing previously damaged and broken bonds helped, too, which added to his overall comfort felt towards being there.

“That’s good,” he said, glad she was doing well, though his mind was more preoccupied with the words that followed. She’d had her children—three of them. Healthy and growing, no problems thus far. Good. He didn’t know where his interest in them stemmed from, in all honesty. Similar to Desna, he’d never shown much interest in his younger siblings; he and their mother hadn’t gotten along at all following their falling out. He’d hated them, really, for more reasons than who gave birth to them. To him, they were nothing more than stains on his family tree, bothersome and weak. Had he the opportunity, there was a high chance that he would have killed them after their births, but by then he’d been gone. Yet, hearing about his nieces and nephews, he couldn’t feel any hostility towards them. It was easy to accept them as members of his family, despite the distance between him and their mother. So, when he was offered a chance to meet them, he was quick to say, “Yeah, I think I’d like to meet them.” He didn’t really know how to act around children, figuring that whatever he needed to do would just come to him.

Alexander’s ears perked, attention then drawn elsewhere. “She’s really here?” he asked, disbelief evident in his tone. When had she returned? Before he could ask, his eyes were pulled over to the sudden appearance at her side, crimson seeking copper. He didn’t need to hear her speak or hear her name to know exactly who it was; those were the same eyes that he saw when looking at his father, and had only ever seen on one other wolf. “Nanook?” he said, though it came out more like a question that a statement. And there his voice stopped, unable to string together any amount of words that might help him along. Glancing back at his other sister, he soon found his gaze drifting back and forth between the both of them, not knowing what else to do other than stare.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wasn't surprised that Nanook would come to the howl of their brother. She watched as Xan seemed so baffled to see her. Valette realized that she had been lucky. She got to spend time with Nanook as she returned, however, Xan hadn't. Valette wondered when he had seen her for the last time. Was it all those years ago? When their parents split and they went their separate ways?

"It is our brother, Nanook," she confirmed, not sure if Nanook needed a confirmation. She waited with calling her children, as she wasn't sure how much time Nanook and Xan needed for their reunion. She watched them with a smile. Her mind thought of @Sesi. Valette's hoped that she was still alive. But their timid sister might have passed away without them knowing. Still, without her, it still felt like a piece was missing.

Tag for visibility! and totally crappy post but oh well xD
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
They stared at each other, and though Xan's breath came as a question, she saw the recognition in his eyes - the same she had seen in their father's many months before, and the same she had seen in Desna's when they'd reunited themselves. She didn't need her sister's confirmation. No matter the years, there was no taking that from them.

But time had took something greater, and though her heart swarmed with the words she could unfurl upon him, she couldn't. He'd been her friend, her rival. A competitor for their father's affections - but now that was gone. Who they'd once been, alone and to each other, had been stripped away by circumstance, distance, and time. She was no longer the Nanook he'd known - for just as Desna had become Valette, she had become something different, too. Better? She wouldn't go that far. Only different - and she had no doubt her brother had become something different, too.

He was a stranger, and yet so familiar; in a way that made things easier, and in a way that made things worse. Her mouth flinched in the smallest smile - perhaps to confirm she was indeed his sister - but words, she gave none. She had never been good with those, even in the best of times.

Look at us all, all awkwardly staring. Our parents raised us well. Haha!
I'll do better
Kunujâk
970 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It was difficult to speak. He knew it was Nanook, he hadn’t needed the confirmation, but that confirmation made it feel real. Even with time and all odds working against them, they’d found each other; the final piece of their family was missing, still, but at least the three of them were there. It was nice, seeing them after so long, especially under pleasant circumstances. There were no arguments forcing them to take sides or parents whose problems would take them away from one another again—they were adults, each in charge of their own lives. And, perhaps, that made the reunion all the greater.

“I, uh…” he struggled to find his words. “Hey.” It was nothing spectacular—he wasn’t currently capable of saying anything elaborate—but it was something. He shifted his weight from side to side, feeling incredibly awkward and out of place. Although them each now being on their own would help them grow back together, right now it just didn’t feel right. He didn’t feel like he should be there, he didn’t know how to talk to her; things were entirely different now, compared to the old days in the valley. He had started relearning how to talk to Desna—he was nowhere near to perfecting his approach—but Nanook was new. She was different, grown and no longer the same pup he’d favoured and fought as a child.

“I don’t know what to say,” he admitted with a frown. Why was this so difficult? She was his sister, they both were, and they were finally back together—wasn’t that what he’d always wanted? Shouldn’t this be easy, then?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the interaction between her two siblings. Nanook stayed quiet, which wasn't really a surprise to her. Nanook often didn't know what to say or how to react. Valette was used to it. However, from Xan she didn't expect it. At least he admitted that he didn't know what to say. Valette couldn't help but chuckle at the two. She didn't mean it in a bad way to chuckle. She wasn't laughing at them. "God, you really are brother and sister," she pointed out.

Valette had always been the outgoing one and it seemed that hadn't changed yet. "You can tell her that she looks good. Or ask her how she is doing," Valette helped her brother. She decided that Xan might not be ready to meet her children today. It would give a good trip for Clary and perhaps even Ezra if he wanted to join. Valette glanced from one sibling to the other. "At least I can assume you are both happy to see each other, right? C'mon, where is that tail wagging, huh?," she encouraged.

I find this hilarious xD
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
It seemed they were both at a loss, and she found comfort in knowing that. Words seemed to come so easy to Desna, and by her approach to these long-lost reunions, Nanook would have guessed these strange situations were a thing she handled on a frequent basis. But Xan reacted in a way she understood, and at Desna's tease, Nanook tipped her head with the twitch of a smile.

Any of those greetings would have felt right coming out of Desna's mouth, but she and her brother had always shared a different sort of friendship, one she wasn't sure how she could describe, but here, she saw, they had the chance to figure that out. To try again. She wouldn't tell Desna, but he was always her favourite, and at the same time, the absolute worst. And though that was all in the past, her happiness rose through the tangle of that, and she allowed her face the freedom to smile, and her tail the freedom to sway.
I'll do better