Stone Circle Lover Of My Lover
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Private 
Engel took his time, even though he was tasked in looking after Day's kids. But, they were tough. And besides, he had not gone too far from them, he was sure he could still hear them from where he was at. So he took this chance to get some alone time, taking this time to preen himself down in areas he preferred others not see him do. After all, it had been a bit since he gave himself a self-grooming service.

@Howl
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Love the title

Howl was still getting acustom to being in Easthollow. He didn't quite remember where everthing was, or what were the best hunting spots. He thought the best way to do this was to do some patrols. Aside from learning the area, he would he helping out the pack, making sure everything was alright. He had heard that Day and a few members of his pack were staying near the pack for a few days. But he still couldn't quite being himself to facing him. He had left in such a terrible way, without saying anything and right after he blew up at Pema. She was only trying to help, but in the moment he couldn't take it. And right now, in this moment, he wasn't sure if he could take facing Day.

Even though Howl knew that pack was getting visitors, he didn't know any of Morningsides new members. So when he came across a unfamiliar scent he went towards it. Soon enough a red and brown colored male came into sights. Howl assumed it was a member from Morningside but he coulnd't be sure unless he asked. "Hello there." he said to get the males attention. "Are you one of Day's guys?"
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel stopped licking his nethers to look up and spotted a wolf there. But rather than putting his leg down and shifting into a comfortable position, he did the Engel thing and just talked like it was nothing. "Yes...I'm guessing you are part of this pack? Otherwise, you might get in trouble" he joked, smirking a bit.  

"Of course you'd be part of this pack, I doubt they would let outsiders in, unless they were friends." 
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The male was in the middle of grooming himself, which in it of itself wasn't all that uncommon. But normally it was done in private. Howl had expected the male to make himself a bit more... decent. But instead he simply kept his stance and continued talking. It wasn't the most ideal situation, but Howl went along and tried to ignore how somewhat awkard it was.

"Ya. I'm still somewhat new, but I am a member here. I was just patrolling around. Checked in on you to make sure you weren't going to be any 'trouble'." he said light heartedly, using his verbage. "Names Howl." he said introducing himself. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel finally put his leg down, pretending to flutter his eyes innocently, obviously mockfully. "Me? Be trouble?" If he were to be honest, he did cause trouble, sometimes. Probably just not the type Howl was looking for. "Only trouble I'm responsible for is stealing others hearts" he said, giving a bit of a wink.

"Sorry bout the view, by the way. Thought I was alone...Oh, name's Engel by the way. Rhymes with angel, though I'm no- nevermind, used that line so much."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl couldn't help but laugh alittle. He sounded like some pup claiming to be the shit. Most males who were lucky with the female didn't feel the need to brag about it so openly. Thier actions spoke louder then words. Even though Howl thought this there was a bit of him that was just as confident, but he never boasted about it aloud, not often at least. 

Howl almost couldn't believe that this Engel was part of Day's pack. Howl didn't think the two would get along well. "I'm sure Day loves having you around." he said jokingly, but still a bit smug. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel raised a brow at Howl. "Well..." he thought back to that very, very awkward moment that they had shared. Wasn't the best. "He tolerates me...you speak like you know" he said, wondering if he had once been part of that pack. If so, he then wondered what he did to end up in another. Day didn't seem that bad to kick someone out.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl thought that Day tolerating this male was probably an overestimate, or an understaimation depending on how you thought about it. But he had to give him some slack, he gave Day more credit then that. If this guy was that bad Day would have sent him on his way a long time ago. 

"I used to be one of Day's right hand guys. What about you. What's your place over there?" she asked trying to get some form of a conversation going.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged. "Mischief maker, I guess...I have a tendency to flirt, even when I don't mean it." And he may have said some things that didn't need to be said. "So...if you don't mind me asking, why'd you leave? You answer, and I'll answer anything you want." It was a gamble he was willing to take. He had no secrets that anyone could think to ask.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl nodded along, imagining the kind of mischief that this Engel would get himself into, and how Day may proceive them. Harmless overall, which is most likely why Day kept him around, but annoying none the less. 

Howl didn't mind him asking, it was a reasonable question, but that didn't mean that Howl was going to answer. if he really wanted to know he could ask Day himself, it wasn't just him that was effected by the event. "That's alright. I don't think I have any pressing questions for you." he answered, though she wouldn't be surprised if he kept on talking. 
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel raised a bit of a brow towards Howl. "Well, I guess I could ask Grayday about it..." he said, thinking that this wolf would not want that. Trying to trick him into saying it. "Or maybe something else I can do to...get an answer" he added, a hinting smirk. "Come on, you've got me curious now."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl laughed. Engel thought this would work as a sort of black mail, but there wasn't anything he could black mail him over. "You go do that. You're not going to find anything out too exciting. I didn't get kicked out if that's what you're wondering." he said hoping his little answer would be enough to satisfy him.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
That made Engel quite curious to hear that, that he was not kicked out. "So you walked away?" He shrugged. The other wolf was sure that there was a reason, and he had reasons for doing such things too, whenever Engel did do that at least. 

"Well, if you walked away, I guess you have your reasons. I mean, we all have our reasons for doing something like that...try to get away from something, or go to something" he started, not reaizing he was starting to ramble on. he found himself sitting down even. "Can't count the amount of times I've had to walk away."

He glanced up at to the sky, and back to Howl. "So, Howl...How's Easthollow?"
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl didn't like to think too much about about how he left. He knew that it had been wrong and cowardly. There wasn't much more he needed to recognize in that instance. He zoned out what Engel was saying. Almost all of it, except what he said in the end. That he too hard ran away from things. "Oh yeah. What did you run from?" she asked curiously. With this mans level of confidence he wondered what caused him to up and leave instead of face it. Howl considered himself to be confident as well, but his situation was hard to handle.

When asked about Easthollow he didn't have much to say. He had only been there for a short time. "It's nice. I haven't had the chance to really experience it yet though."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel kept his mouth shut for a moment, then chose to answer. "Everything...my family, my pack...I tried to help them, but it was too late." But he knew, deep within he knew, that he hadn't tried. Not at all had he tried. 

"Well, you'll get the chance eventually" he replied. "May I entertain with a song? You seem like you could use one." he then asked. He had been practicing, and he thought that this wolf could use some entertainment. He had one in mind, now that he had thoughts of his past. And besides, he wasn't feeling tired just yet.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
After hearing the answer to his question he felt bad about asking it. The way he descibed the incident sounded as though there had been losses in the end. Something Howl could somehow sympathize with. "I'm sorry to here that." he said taking a  moment to hang his head and look to the ground.

He thought what he said next was alittle strange. He wondered how someone could appear to need a song. But he wasn't going to deny hearing a song, especially with the slight bit of guilt he felt for asking Engel his previous question. "Umm... Sure. Why not."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked away for a moment, recalling those times that he had back then. "It's in the past...." Howl accepted the offer to hear a song, and Engel smiled to himself, turning back to Howl. With the subject on the past, he knew what to sing of. 

"I knew of a girl, back in old country. We met we talked, and soon she became my honey. With eyes of a golden sun, and fur the color of storm clouds. However, her temper was as soft as a bed of flowers, and her personality caring. She was my dear, she was my honey...my own delicate flower." It perhaps was not a song in the eyes of some, but to him, it was. And this time, he did not feel upset to sing it.

"Did you ever have your own flower?" he asked after a very, very long pause. "I mean mate, by the way. If not, I recomend it. It's a nice experience."
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He listened to the song, at first relectantly, but he couldn't help that the lyrics to the song made him think of her. Her coat color was on par with the song, and he thought this connection was only made to him. Not thinking that the one he described, could also be the one Engel thought of when he sang this song. 

He didn't want to think of the subject that much more. What had started as a patrol had turned into an almost emotion time and Howl wasn't ready to have a conversation like that. Especially with someone he didn't know all that well. "Yes I did." he admitted. "Well I should continue on my patrol now. Know that I know who you are and why you're in the territory." he said, ready to continue his patrol.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shrugged. "You go on ahead then. And good luck to you." He made a little note in his head to ask Day of why Howl left, though with how one-tracked his mind was, he would soon forget until much later. He returned to where he and Day were sleeping, something Engel found irregularly awkward, and went to rest there.