Firestone Hot Springs that something's just missing
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

Without Grayday the plateau was rather quiet. Catori had checked in with everyone before she'd snuck out of the territory, quietly humming to herself as she made her way down to the springs again. The last time she'd been there was with Gray - which certainly didn't help her intentions of getting him off her mind for a bit. She gave a breathy sigh as she caught the shift in the air that only the springs seemed to provide. With half the family gone things were almost dull and that was good honestly but for Catori it still left her feeling almost bereft. Maybe she hadn't thought it would be this strange not having Grayday there but instead she was just....off

She hadn't realized what happened or when it happened but there she was, staring down at the spring she and Grayday had been coiled in together. "You're worse than you thought." Catori said to herself before she took a step down into the springs and let out a low coo of approval. A moment later she sank down fully into the water. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The sheepdog had, in fact, decided to stick around the hot springs a while longer. Prey seemed less than abundant, however, and sleeping near the pools was only warm for so long, until the vapour froze on her fur and ice numbed her skin. The warmth and relief from the cold they provided, had kept her tethered here for the time being, however. 

Poppy had been exploring the pools south of the few she had chosen, coming across the woman as she submerged herself fully into the pool. For a moment, she'd thought her a dog with her odd colours, and even through the mists, the sheepdog could tell the woman was beautiful. But no, she was a wolf, for the distinct odour of wildness and earth clung to her. Still, "hello!" she chirped, tail wagging slightly at her hindquarters, mouth slightly agape as the dog tried her utmost to appear friendly, waiting to see if this woman was one of the good lot, or the bad.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

For a moment she was just letting herself sink, going beyond just being warm and the escape from missing Grayday that it offered and sinking right into warm fond memories. Catori let her eyes close and relaxed only to be a bit startled by the greeting. "Oh! Hello," She said quickly, blinking back her shock as she looked up at the odd looking dog. "You.....are a surprise." She said with a bemused smile, but there was no malice in things at all. Her favorite cousin had a mixed heritage afterall, though she had no idea what the whole types of dogs meant. She could just tell that she was not a wolf. 

She didn't draw herself up from the springs and only pulled out a bit so that she could clearly see the other female. She wanted to be sure that she didn't come across as a threat - she had no idea if she was a lost dog or anything, so she didn't know if she'd be jumpy.

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She blinked at the woman, finding her at once to be one of the good lot. She didn't find herself to be particularly surprising, but most of the wolves she'd met seemed mildly alarmed to see her.  "I am?", came her voice, curious. Perhaps she was not exactly meant to be here; she herself had been surprised (and a little alarmed) to find that after a few weeks of travel, she could find no more dog-scents at all.

Still, perhaps it wasn't a bad thing; feral dogs could be crude and cruel, and the wolves seemed a much nicer bunch than she'd anticipated.