King Elk Forest Nature at it's Finest
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Private 

The young wolf was admiring the sky as he saw the clouds begin to form and felt the crisp winter air flow through his grey fur. He enjoyed feeling the cold snow between his paws, despite the cold. Winter was full of mysteries in his eyes. The weather could be so unpredictable and he enjoyed being able to witness it and not have to worry about where he was going to find shelter.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
*wave*! i saw you're also going for chronicler so maybe they can exchange stories or sth! :)

the chill has settled around them firmly, but delight enjoys it. he focuses on the cold as he meanders the forest, pushing his anxieties about tindómë, about burke and brienne out of his mind. they can get through it - they have so far, and delight's not about to give up. the nénar's not the only one out wandering, it seems - he stumbles across kota admiring the scenery and lets out a slow chuff in greeting. "like what you see?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
That'd be great!

The young grey male looked up at the wolf he had met earlier in the woods. Delight he said his name was. "Yes very much." He responded to him as he stood up. Kota enjoyed coming out to look at the stars, the young wolf liked to think that his mother had become one when she died, she always said that she would so he had no doubt that she had.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he briefly offers a not-quite smile, a fragile lifting of the corners of his mouth that doesn't quite transform his face but still, it's there. he's glad, of course, for the presence of the núro that have replaced their founding stock, but he wishes the others had been here too, wishes they could have all seen tindómë grow together. it's pointless  being hung up on it (but let's be real, hang ups are delight's hobby). "where did you grow up?" he asks, a little aimlessly, a little curiously - it's getting to a point where they've had so many joiners he hasn't learned much about them at all.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota returned the wolf's smile with his own. He took his question into deep consideration before he spoke. "I grew up outside of this place with my mother and sister before she had passed. I grew up listening to my mothers wonderful stories and listening to all of the many stories she tied with each constellation. She trained me to hunt just as she was taught and after she passed me and my sister were kicked out of our pack by it's new alpha." He continued on with his life story.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he's intrigued when kota brings up storytelling. thus far he's been the only in tindome to have an interest in the craft and to be frank, he likes it that way, but... perhaps another wouldn't be the worst idea, so long as they understand that delight is the historian. "what kinda stories?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota thought of the many stories that his mother had taught him before he spoke. "Stories about the stars, fables, and poetry sometimes." The young male felt proud to be able to share his mothers tales, fore' she knew many and when Kota was a pup, he used to believe that she knew almost everything.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

delight doesn't quite know if he finds kota's vagueness an endearing trait or a frustrating one, but either way, a tiny shiver of relief runs through him (he likes history, the preservation of things before it's too late - fiction isn't his forte though he also recognizes its importance). "cool," the nénar says, glancing up at the sky and back, then says, "tell me one." on anyone else it'd probably be a nice question, but delight turns it a little demanding without meaning to - and there's no real weight behind it, just that he wants to know, he likes knowing things. he thinks about this and adds: "i can tell you a story in return if you'd like," though his are less 'stories' and more 'these are the facts of mato's life and tindómë, which are you interested in'.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
This story is not mine, I got it from here http://www.wolfcountry.net/information/m...unner.html

He thought of which story he should tell as he spoke softly. "This is a story my mother told me that is
about loyalty."
He begins with what it was mainly about before he began. "StormShadow raised his head to the sky and a hunting howl soared through the coming darkness and seemed to shatter the silence. The StarHawk Forest pack took up the hunting howl by a small stream.The two betas,the one omega and a few of StormShadow's other cubs that were older and were born only two years ago that had stayed with the pack,not to mention StormShadow the alpha.His mate was in labor with the coming pups and StormShadow was worried she wouldn't have enough to eat so he and the pack were going hunting again.The pack had just gone hunting yesterday and killed a young stag with his first head of antlers and there was still quite a bit of the kill left but StormShadow wanted to bring his mate, DreamRunner, as much meat as she needed for he knew she needed her strength.Then when the pups were born she would need to thicken her milk for the pups to be healthy and strong.

The StarHawk Forest pack splashed across the stream and headed deep into the forest on the other side. StormShadow ran ahead snarling once in awhile at a lower ranking wolf to stay behind him. StormShadow sucked in a deep breath of fresh air. It was early summer and he was in his prime, surely he would rule as alpha for 5 or 6 more years. The pack was now coming to the edge of the trees to a large meadow where the pack often hunted and killed game such as deer, elk, moose and rabbits. StormShadow suddenly paused and growled uneasily. Morgan, the female beta, whimpered uneasily and backed up to stand beside her mate Apollo who nudged her gently with his snout. StormShadow growled again,his grey coat bristling. He scented something his mother Kida had taught him to always fear and avoid... man.
Suddenly MoonShade, the omega snarled and ran back in the direction of the den at top speed. StormShadow snorted, he had never really had any patience towards MoonShade. In fact he had been thinking awhile ago of driving the omega away from the pack for he was always getting in the way and never helped on hunts. StormShadow scented the air again,the human smell was coming from the other side of the meadow towards the North,the StarHawk Forest pack's den was towards the South. StormShadow hoped they were traveling away from the den and DreamRunner. StormShadow snarled at Morgan, Apollo and his three pups from two years before, to stay behind in the trees. StormShadow walked uneasily across the meadow towards the North where the human smell was coming from. suddenly one of the humans dogs that had been wandering away from it's masters saw StormShadow and began barking wildly. StormShadow snarled, his fur bristling and his eyes glinting like amber. Suddenly there was a whole chorus of barking and about 15 other dogs came bounding through the grass towards StormShadow. StormShadow turned and ran North-West away from the den and the approaching dogs. Suddenly a large group of humans on horse back came running behind StormShadow. StormShadow was quick and sure footed and was well ahead of the hunting party and nearly at the tree line on the North-Western side of the meadow when there was a metallic snap and a blinding pain in his left front paw. StormShadow was stuck in a leg hold trap. The humans caught up to there dogs and of course they got StormShadow for he couldn't escape but instead of yelping with fear when the humans arrived he snarled in triumph, for he had saved his mate, his soon to be born cubs and his pack." 
He conludes his story and waits for a response.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

it's, well, long, but kota's engaging enough, and delight's on his best behavior. and it's sad, or at least melancholy. (for all his bluster he really doesn't like sad endings - maybe that's why he sticks to history, because there's no real endings, just events to be collected). for a moment he's quiet, processing, and then he says "jeez," but he smiles (well, sort of. a delight-smile. kota'll probably get it). "not bad," the nénar adds thoughtfully, "you ever think about being a storyteller?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
He smiled at the thought "Well that's the plan." Kota say's cheerfully. This story was a succes and he felt proud that the other wolf had not disapproved of it. "I'm really close to earning that trade." He adds.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

a strange part of him flickers with -- pride? which is insane because he's just delight, just the one holding stuff together until mato comes back from whatever dark place he's at. maybe it's just because it's nice to have another storyteller around. yeah, that's definitely it. 

"oh, i guess i owe you one too, huh?" delight asks, suddenly remembering the terms of their agreement. he flicks through his mental inventory -- he collects histories more than fictions, and most of those histories aren't his to share yet -- and settles on something, but waits for kota to sign off before starting, just in case.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Well it's up to you, I am just glad that I was able to share a story." The male was really enthusiastic about his accomplishment, which made his tail sway back and forth as he waited for Delight to respond.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

alright, his enthusiasm is winning delight over -- having another storyteller-type around ain't the worst idea. "i'm a historian more than anything," the morwinyon explains, "i like collecting wolves' personal histories or pack histories - things that make a broader narrative. obviously my focus is on tindómë's history, since i was here for it's founding.

i've mentioned to you about the king elk,"
delight continues, his moon-sharp eyes flicking toward the trees, where the elk presumably goes about his day. "when mato first found this place i thought the name was just that - a name. but we don't know how long the elk has made his home here -- only that he's been called the wolf killer, for what that's worth." the androgyne remembers when mato told him this, and it feels like an eternity ago, but it's only been months, somehow. his heart clenches painfully. he continues. "elk aren't killers by nature, so if he's a wolf killer, i can only guess it was to defend his home. mato's called him ainima - in the druid's language, blessed but not holy. he's not a god, of course, but that he allows us to share the forest with him - that he in his own way approves of our presence - is meaningful."

the morwinyon looks back to kota then, curious for his reaction. it has been.. difficult, explaining their relationship to the elk, but it is a necessary thing to do. the founders came to terms with it when they met him, but many of the núro haven't yet as winter keeps them isolated from each other. he hopes with spring will come a renewed trust between them - that they've made it.
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Kota's sister is Fallyn but they were separated 5 months ago during a stamped and he got a head injury and now has selective memory loss.

Kota clings to every word that Delight spoke, it was a very interesting piece. The wolf had never heard of an Elk killing wolves, it was usually the other way around. Kota found that part ironic. "Ah, I see." If Kota would ever encounter this King Elk he probably wouldn't know what to do. 'My sister would know what to do.' he thought. That's when Kota suddenly confused himself.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

he smiles and shrugs a little. "we should probably check on him again sometime soon," the morwinyon says, a little absently, "i'm still not sure if that cow of his actually got pregnant or not." he glances at kota again. "anyway -- thanks for the story. i was thinking of maybe getting everyone together sometime and sharing stories in a group -- think you'd be up for helping with that?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
I believe this thread is ready to archive after your post. Thank you for the thread.

Kota gave the idea some thought before he spoke. "I would actually, I think that would also help me meet more members of the pack as well." He agreed wholeheartedly and the thought actually got him excited
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away
thank you too!

kota seems to like the idea, which buoys delight in turn. "exactly," he agrees, and draws himself to his feet, pleased with  himself. "thank you for the story," the morwinyon says, "i'll call you." and with that, he takes his leave.