Moonspear The Moon Shines Brightest
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
It had been some time since Korei had met with her Papa, @Charon. Last time was after their heated argument, when Korei began teaching Galaxy about the stars. She wanted to repair the bond they had, still thinking that her Papa was somewhat angry at her. She rarely let things go that thing was someone hating her, or being angry with her, and would stop at nothing until it was back to before all that, when they liked or. 

So she sought out Papa, seeking to mend the bond she thought had been broken, and still broken. She called out for him, hoping that he would answer her call to meet with his pale daughter.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had seen Julia in passing, but it had been some time since they had met one on one. He didn't even remember when, and the argument they'd had had mostly slipped to the back of his mind, too. He knew that Julia had spent some time with the youngest pups too and that she seemed a bit more active in the pack overall, which he dubbed a good thing. Perhaps the argument they had had was working out for the better, then, as she seemed to be getting her act together. Julia was just a little slower than the rest, Charon deduced, but she would get there.

He hadn't expected a call from her but from the sound of it she wasn't too far off. Charon made his way through the forests at the mountain's slopes to a path that lead up the mountain. As he came out of the forest he saw Julia there and chuffed to catch her attention as he approached, waiting to hear what she had on her mind.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei saw him arrive out of the forest, and stood there before, thinking of what to say. She couldn't think of anything...so she did the next best thing in Korei's mind. She approached him, and went to give him a wolfish hug. "I'm sorry Papa. For the fight, for arguing, I'm sorry" she said, giving her most heartfelt apology. She stepped back, looking him over. 

"Do you...do you forgive me Papa?" she asked, as that was all she wanted. Before she moved onto other matters that had been swirling about in her head.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
He had pretty much forgotten about the whole fight, since it was so long ago, and was surprised to hear Julia bring it up at all. Blinking, Charon tried to remember what they were even fighting about. Probably Julia being pathetic. She hadn't learned much then. But he also wanted to be more positive reinforcement and so Charon decided to take a deep breath and say something not-unfriendly instead of opening old wounds up again. Apparently this was a big thing for Julia. "That's okay." He sounded neutral while he mustered up the patience he could find and, at her plea for forgiveness he said, "Of course." He'd already forgotten it happened, after all, so Charon didn't think much of having to forgive her.

"Heard you were teaching Galaxy a lot about the stars," he said conversationally. Charon wasn't the best at small talk, but when it came to Julia he preferred it, as most serious conversations or doing things together seemed to lead into arguments.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei smiled with one of her widest smiles she had. "Thank you, Papa!" It felt like a lot that he had forgiven her. She nodded enthusiastically to Papa. "Yes, yes I have, Papa! I've been teaching her all I know, and have learned from others." And she had learned plenty since then. 

"I've been trying to learn herbs too, Papa. Like Picks did." She had said that she wanted to be like Picks, who had been her bestest friend back when she was here.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon didn't really want to emphasise all of the shit that happened. He didn't want them to talk about any of it and make it okay; he just wanted Julia to be a better wolf, a better person, and then things'd automatically get better. But he was no longer mad about whatever'd happened then. Maybe some positive reinforcement would make her feel better, or whatever.

It was good she had Galaxy to teach, so she could make herself useful and do her part in the pack's work of caring for the pups, too. "Good. You should talk to Lyra, ask her to teach you some things," he suggested. It wasn't easy -- if not impossible -- to learn things on one's own. You needed good teachers to get far in a trade.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei nodded, she planned to do that. Whenever she got round to it, that is, then she would talk to Lyra. "I'll be sure to, Ranny told me to" she said with a wide smile. "He's a nice wolf." As was Terry. Terry was a nice wolf as well, she liked him. He made a great friend. "Terry's nice too, makes a great friend" she said with a wag of her tail.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon quirked an eyebrow and grinned as Julia spoke and mentioned 'Ranny'. "Ranny?" he repeated, hoping to draw out a response that'd tell him more about Julia's friendship with Rannoch. Not that it mattered much, as he was obviously taken by Liffey, but still. Though, as she mentioned 'Terry', Charon wondered if maybe it was just a thing she did to all wolves she met, giving them silly nicknames. "Terry, eh? Well, I'm glad you've been making friends." Charon smiled; he had always imagined his children and those of Osprey'd make good matches in friendship. "Did you meet Wraen too? I'm sure you'd get along well with her too."
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She nodded excitedly as he repeated the names. "They are very friendly. Terry helped me to fight, he's a good teacher." Even though she had lost against Terance, she got some helpful tips out of it. "And Wraen, I taught Wraen about stars too! Hydra helped a bit." She was happy to tell Papa about that. "Am I improving, Papa?"

Something else came to mind then, a question that had been lurking in the back of her mind. "I also have a question, Papa...Mama has green eyes, and you have blue...so why are mean so different?"
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon wondered when Julia didn't pick up on his hints that maybe something was just different with her. He shook his head -- it didn't matter, and 'Ranny' was taken, anyway, though he thought Julia might've made a good match with 'Terry' -- and listened as she told him about Terance teaching her to fight. "That's great," he said. Charon was caught off-guard by her question — Am I improving — because he didn't know what to think of it. Improving at what? He didn't understand that what she was really asking was 'am I good enough for you' and that the improvement she meant was at being loved by her own father.

"Of course you are," he said, blinking his eyes in confusion. Then she went to ask about why she was different and he shrugged. "I don't know." He thought of Lazarus a brief moment, something he hadn't done in a really long time, but considering her personality he didn't doubt that she was not Lazarus'. "My brothers were different from me, too. They were grey with teal eyes. Not everyone looks like their parents. Sometimes they skip a generation, I guess." He had never thought too much of it, really. If he'd had any thought she might be Lazarus', he would've killed her long ago. "I don't remember much about how my parents looked, either. Maybe you looked like one of them." He only knew his mother'd been white, but that was all.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She smiled at the praise, glad she was getting better. That was all she wanted, to get better. Her tail even got wagging. At least, that's how she took it, as praise. Then the answer came to why she was different, and she found herself satisfied with the answer. "Oh...so you were like me Papa, the odd one out?" she asked up to him. "Or were you better than them? I bet you were better than them."
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"I wasn't like you," he said, maybe a little too fast. But it was true; he always considered himself some sort of super hero, taking care of the broken apart family and its remnants. Trying to rescue Kevlyn after his kidnapping, holding together poor sensitive Levi after he'd lost his twin... His relations to Floki were much the same in that way; Floki had lost his twin too, and Charon had practically raised his adopted brother. "I mean..."

Julia hit the nail right on the head, although Charon would never have titled himself as 'better'. Just 'different'. Levi'd had his own qualities. "Not better, just different. We lost our sister and parents when we were very young. My brothers were twins, grey with teal eyes, but one of them got separated from us early... The other one, Levi, was very soft and caring. We helped raise our adopted siblings together when the Alphas of the pack took us in. Uncle Floki's one of those." He wasn't sure he'd ever told his children these things, and wondered what Julia'd think of it. Her life had been very different from her fathers'; he'd made sure of it.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
She tipped her head at those first words, she wasn't exactly how to reply to that. She didn't exactly take it as an insult, and Charon went on before Korei could think of a response. 

She listened as her Papa spoke of his relatives. His brothers were twins apparently, and she thought to the Cerberus sisters, the triplets that sometimes she somewhat envied. She just didn't know the feeling yet. "What happened to them?" She hadn't heard either of those names before.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There were a lot of relatives mentioned so Charon wasn't sure who she referred to when she asked what happened to 'them'. "My parents? They were killed by a bear trying to defend us when we were little." He didn't really remember any of it though. "My brother Kevlyn was... He was taken by a bad wolf." Charon'd tried to recover him but he had never managed to. He vaguely remembered the friendly white wolf who'd tried to stop him from getting killed at Duskfire Glacier though he'd never found Kevlyn there, either. "Levi... I don't know what happened to him. He just was gone one day. Same with Uncle Floki. He lived here when you were little, but one day he was just gone — didn't return from a scouting mission. I tried to look for him, but it was in winter and it was very cold at the time, so my efforts were in vain." He remembered getting stuck in that snow storm with Aria. He remembered her leaving looking for Floki... He wondered if he'd ever see either back here again. It had been so long...
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Her face fell. She had never realized how lonely Charon was, besides his children and mate, and the pack. She could not think of losing her family. Especially Galaxy. She looked up at him with a bad look. 

She went up to her Papa, and rubbed her face against his side. "I'm sorry Papa...you still got us, Papa" she said to her Papa. "Your parents and brothers might be gone, but you got us...I won't leave you" she said quietly. A promise she could not keep.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon smiled at Julia. He'd never taken the time to truly mourn the loss of his parents because he had needed to care for his siblings, and he'd never taken the time to mourn Kevlyn's loss because he'd never seen his dead body, nor that of his sister. He'd had many losses but most of it was shoved away underneath masks. He'd even used his tragic past often when he was younger to garner sympathy.

He nuzzled Julia's face -- more lovingly than he likely had in a long, long time -- as he said, "I'm glad I do." Then smiled as she promised that she wouldn't leave him. Charon was glad that he at least had his children here, even if not all of them were as perfect. Julia might have a lot of shortcomings in his view, but she was definitely one of his children and he loved her for that reason alone.

i'll fade this! ^^