Stone Circle this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold.
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A chill pierced the girl, and her eyes widened. She had always thought sleep was a comforting thing, a place to go and have adventures you couldn't have during the day. To run around in bizarrely colored lands, to romp around ten times your size, to fly, even. But that didn't mean she didn't look forward to waking up again, and the thought that it was even possible that some wolves didn't - 

Her mother's clarity calmed the gripping cold, but still, the idea that someone could go somewhere they couldn't get back from upset her, both for the one leaving and the ones left behind. Because even for all the company she slept with, dreams were a place Clary went to alone - sure, her siblings were sometimes with her, but she always knew they weren't, not really. Their dream selves were vivid and exciting, but they weren't them. If she wanted to be stuck anywhere, she wanted to be stuck here, in the place where she would wake up, forever, with everyone she loved with her.

Mother's whisper turned Clary's heart, and she followed her with a careful gaze to the standing stones - curious, but uncertain. Her words and concepts were foreign and new, but they made sense, and her eyes grew large. She tipped her head back to stare up at the clouded and darkening sky, awful wonder stirring at the countless stars beyond, and the thought of the souls that might be watching her...

A whisper of guilt passed through the girl, brought on by the recollection of her and Steph's excursion in the South - a trip she knew her mother wouldn't be happy to hear about - but she swallowed in the confession that lingered on her tongue. Instead, Clary picked herself off the stone and joined her mother by Steady's rock and hoped the feeling would go away. Sensing a sadness in Valette, the grey girl pressed herself against her mother's side and sought to give her the touch she knew Steady couldn't - yet all the while her guilt murmured and surmounted, until she found herself caved and staring at the ground.

"Umm... there's something I need to tell you," her mouth felt dry, and she didn't dare meet her mother's eye. "I kinda sorta went out of the borders and... umm... kinda brought @Steph with me..." she felt smaller with every word, and her voice, quieter and trailing...

Probably killing timelines, but I don't know! haha
edit: also, tagging for reference!
Messages In This Thread
RE: this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold. - by Clary - January 05, 2018, 12:14 PM