Dragoncrest Cliffs 'sentimental boy' is my nom de plume
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
@Arrille sorry I took so long!!
He didn't know why, but he still felt so restless.

The journey was complete now, and he finally had a home-- a real one, hopefully forever. So why couldn't Prince sleep?
He was exhausted, and really he wanted sleep more than anything, but no matter how comfortably he curled up it seemed to evade him. So, he took a walk along the edge of the freshwater lake, occasionally nosing the surface of the water just to watch it ripple in the darkness. Truthfully, he wasn't sure what he expected to find, wandering around in the dark like this-- it seemed he was making a habit of it, lately. But it was calming in a way, and that was enough for the sleep-deprived boy for now.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille was feeling adventurous, and since he had nowhere else to go into the territory, he explored more around the borders of Drageda. He stopped to see through the dark someone near the lake. He approached, chuffing through the darkness to the other wolf to let them know he was there, then he walked up to the water's edge, lapping at the cool water.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
The soft chuffing behind Prince drew his attention, and he turned to see a striking white wolf. He was tall, broader of shoulder than Prince, and against the dark of night his pelt almost seemed to glow. Briefly, he was slightly alarmed, but another second passed and Prince recognized him, through scent, as a packmate.
Rust-colored eyes fixed on the other, and he tilted his head slightly.
Hello. I don't think we've met; I only arrived a short time ago. His tail wagged slightly as he greeted the larger wolf. I'm Prince.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille shook his head. "Don't think we have met." The name, he thought what the other wolf meant was that he was a prince. "I was once a prince! What are you prince o- oh....you mean your name is Prince. I'm Arrille" he said, recorrecting himself. He looked at the water, and swirled a paw across the water.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
A prince? He asked softly, curiosity coloring his tone. That must have meant he was not always part of Drageda, and now Prince found himself with a million questions. If he was a prince before, how did he get here?
But it seemed inappropriate to ask.
You do look the part. He meant it lightheartedly, but it was rather true. Now that he had the chance to really look at Arrille, he saw the light gold dipped paws, the stunning blue eyes. Prince didn't really know what real princes looked like, or if they looked any particular way. But he thought if they did, they'd all be similarly striking.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tipped his head up a bit, feeling a bit of pride in the sense of being a prince. Or, at least once being a prince. That time was long gone, but he still enjoyed being called a prince. It brought him joy and pride, and he felt rather happy to hear that, giving to the praise as Prince complimented him.

"Why, thank you" he said, giving a little bow. "We almost look away, don't we?" he asked, as they were both white in fur color. "So if I look like a prince, then you must look like a prince!"
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
We do look alike. A ghost of a smile accompanied the agreement. Prince turned to look at the sky, cold wind lightly batting his face. What brought you out here tonight, Arrille? He wondered aloud, turning his gaze back to the other wolf.
There was friendliness in his gaze, in the relaxed swish of his tail and the occasional flick of his ears. He was glad for the company tonight, when the air was so cold and the dark expanse of the territory seemed so strange and friendless. It was a step towards settling in, Prince thought.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille shrugged. "Felt adventurous. Couldn't get much sleep" the pale wolf said to the other pale wolf. "I feel too awake, you get that sometimes?" He was feeling too energetic, for reasons unknown. He looked to the water for a moment, gazing at his reflection. Just thinking that there was another with the same reflection. "What about you?" he asked, turning his head to Prince.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
I can't sleep either. Prince admitted. I'm exhausted, but my mind is... too awake, like you said.
I haven't seen much of the territory yet. He ventured, a bit unsure how to approach the offer. If you want, we could explore it together.
Then it hit him that Arrille had probably already seen the territory (Prince had no idea at this point that Arrille was just as new as he was) and he felt rather foolish. Or um, I guess you already know the territory?
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tipped his head a bit to the side. "Let's get explorin', there's bound to be something I haven't seen." He started to walk in one of the directions around them, gesturing for him to follow. "So, how'd you get the name Prince?" he asked, loud enough for him to hear.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Prince had just enough time to be grateful that Arrille had overlooked his moment of awkwardness before the golden-legged wolf started off in a seemingly random direction. He moved to catch up, trying to regain his bearings-- was his brain addled from sleep-deprivation, or was he just turning into an idiot?
That's the name my parents gave me. I think my father chose it. It was clear from his tone that he didn't put any weight to his father's choice. What about your parents? Are they...?
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille thought of his parents, but he had forgotten most about them by now. "Gone. Don't know where. Went to look for my father one day, came back to find mother gone..." It hurt sometimes to think about Mother, as he was very attached to her. Loved her more than anything. But now that she was gone, it was only a matter of time before he latched onto something else.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
He had half-expected that answer from the former prince, but he sympathized nonetheless.
I’m sorry. Prince spoke softly, tail swishing gently. I know what it’s like to lose parents.
The pale boy lightly touched his nose to the other’s cheek, but it was only brief-- a gesture meant to be comforting, because he didn’t know what else to say.
He walked silently for a moment, then turned to look at Arrille with a gentle half-smile. Well, Drageda is your family now. We take care of our own.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille nodded, it was tough to lose his parents. But he had a new life here now, and he did his best to put it all behind him. "Thank you" he said with a smile, he felt even more welcomed. He looked to the water again. "It must be pretty cold, right?"
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Yeah. Looking out at the water reminded Prince of a childhood memory. I nearly drowned in a lake once. I was young and too daring-- I didn't know yet that I could die. Or how to swim.
His tone was tinged with humor, if a bit morbid. Prince hadn't remembered the event in some time, and briefly he was a bit disturbed by the memory of the almost-drowning. It had been unpleasant, to say the least.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille was surprised to hear that, considering how light-hearthed the conversation had been. "I have never gone swimming myself. Don't think I will hearing that" he said, with a rather blank face. "How'd you get out, if you don't mind me asking?" He was curious to know. Plus, it might even help him if he were put in that situation.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Prince couldn't help but smile slightly at the comment about not wanting to swim now. He found it amusing, almost endearing-- but then he was caught up in thoughts about how best to tell Arrille how he had avoided drowning.
I had a one track mind as a pup. Couldn't think and flail at the same time. He began the explanation the only way he could: honestly. It had been more stupid luck than genius, after all. When I got sick of kicking around I stopped to think, next thing I knew I was floating to the surface. My dad found me after that.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
At the mention of his dad saving him, Arrille looked sad. If that ever happened to him, he wouldn't have a father to save him. "It's good your dad saved you" he said, though there was a hint of jealousy in his words. He then started to yawn. "I think I might be...getting tired now."
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Yeah. I miss him. Prince responded, his own tinge of grief blinding him to the jealousy in Arrille's voice. His father's death hadn't bothered him as much as his mother's, but it still had an impact.
He nodded when the other boy said he was feeling tired. I am too. Do you want to go back to camp?
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"I..." He wanted to say that he wanted to, but he had to stay at the borders. "I have to stay....at the borders" he answered, lowering his head a bit. "Till we meet again?" he asked, as he began to turn and then find a place to sleep around the border.
70 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Prince blinked. He hadn't realized the other wolf's rank, not just from interacting with him (though the notion that he should have been able to was naive at best). It did not affect his opinion of Arrille, though he wondered what the seemingly gentle boy had done to earn such a spot.
He couldn't help but feel guilty at leaving him behind, and though he turned to go he didn't make it a step before turning back.
I'll stay then, and keep you company. Prince's eyes were tired but bright, tail swishing gently. He laid down a couple feet from the other boy, curling up and preparing for a slightly colder night than he had planned.
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille tipped his head ay his generosity, then smiled lightly. He curled up near Prince, and glanced over once he thought he was asleep. He was glad he had met Prince, to have some company out here at the border. And at that moment, with peaceful thoughts he fell asleep.