The Bracken Woods this body is a natural disaster
3 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
weather: 6°F | -14°C — evening; snow

At some point during the afternoon it had begun to snow. Hex had made himself rather single minded for the duration of his journey to the Teekon Wilds with his end goal pushed to the forefront of his mind: arrival. The scourge isn’t overly sure why he harbored such a sudden desire to find the Wilds …after all his parents had not been there in a very long time; but he supposes in the end it’s because all of his other siblings had been there at some point or another and Hex does not inherently like the idea that they can claim they’ve been somewhere he has not. Even as an adult, sibling rivalry burns hot in the Ira look-alike and though he was able to put it aside in dedication to his plight to priesthood and helping his parents with his younger siblings it had returned when they reached adulthood and Hex saw his opportunity to slip away before his parents spawned again.

Beneath the canopy of The Bracken Woods the snowfall wasn’t as bad: the towering trees caught the worst of it but it still blanketed the bracken littered forest floor in a light dusting. He sidesteps a thorn bush, it’s reaching thorns snagging a small tuft of wispy fur from him. The tug of it from his skin is sharp but so fast that he only realizes what has happened seconds after it is done. Hex’s head snaps around to inspect the thorn bush with a glare and then vainly at his flank to ensure himself that he didn’t have a bald spot or mussed fur. He runs his muzzle over the plush pelage of his chest, giving it a brief preen if only to make up for the fact that he can’t really reach his flank before he gives a soft huff and pushes forwards, towards the heart of the forest.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Theia had been perched on a large, jagged rock to take a rest, crossed forelegs and lengthy tail dangling off the edge. She enjoyed how being up high made her feel powerful. Perhaps she could spot something to eat from up here, she thought. Her musings were interrupted when she spotted a pure-white figure passing by, only mildly disappointed to realize it was a wolf. She couldn't eat him, but there was far more to do with a wolf, anyway.

At the sight of him preening himself, she called, Don't worry, you're still handsome, Theia's dark lips tugged into a toothy grin.
PM me about sprees; I'm usually open!
3 Posts
Ooc —
Confidence was best enjoyed in moderation but no one ever bothered to share that with Hex and he flirts with the very blurred line between vanity and narcissism. While the break of silence as the voice startles him, giving rise to the bristle of the fur of his nape the words that fall from the stranger’s lips pull a smirk from Hex’s lips as his silvery-crystalline gaze lifts to where she rests atop her jagged rock throne. It was fair enough to say that if she would not have called out to him he might’ve missed her entirely …but there were few circumstances in which the scourge was not too busy being self-absorbed. Those were instances in which he was communing with the “divine” and tending to his shamanistic duties. Since leaving behind Thief River Falls he’s had no duties to tend, no Divine to summon — which gives him too much time to focus on his second ( or is it first ) favorite thing: himself. “Of course I am,” Hex retorts with a faux dramatic roll of his eyes as if it is the most obvious thing in the world. “I mean, look at me.” He speaks in a ‘as if it needs saying’ manner, mirroring her toothy grin with an impish grin. “Gotta always look my best, right?” It’s strictly a rhetorical question and Hex expects no answer.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Oh no, two narcissists!

Theia chuckled as the white wolf sang his own praises, though it was with him, not at him. She was quite surprised that he'd reacted this way, which was just the way she would have, too. She liked that. I could look all day, and I have such a nice view, She purred flirtatiously while fluttering her lashes before she asked, What's your name, handsome? As the words left her lips, she slowly descended from her perch, wanting to get closer in more ways than one to this wolf. Theia could already tell he spoke her language.
3 Posts
Ooc —
Hex offers her a beguiling grin, the glint in his silvery-crystalline blue eyes wily. “My view isn’t half bad either,” He offers in a sly tease, eyes sweeping over what he can see of her in an appraising manner. Her jagged rock throne conceals most of her from him but Hex does not have to wait long until she descends her perch. She’s a long-legged sylph, ebony with silver dusting everything but her extremities, complete with glacial pale blue eyes. Hex’s ears cup forth and flutter back against his skull as he makes an appreciative noise in his throat. “Hex.” And subconsciously named rather aptly though the original intent was to honor his father’s adoptive mother’s memory; but if Hex has learned anything in his ascension to priesthood and eventual title of shaman it is that names hold power. The scourge's lips twitch in a sly manner, his salmon pink tongue pressing against the corner of his mouth for a brief moment. "And your name would be?" He inquires in a soft purl, ghosting towards her a few steps.
36 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She made sure that her strides were long and smooth as she approached him, giving a dramatic pause before revealing her name. ... Theia, She finally said, voice smooth as silk as she stared into his eyes with her own half-lidded ones. Oh, she was loving this. When they finally met, she enthusiastically sniffed at his snout with a pleased wave of her tail. Theia took in his masculine scent, captivated by it. Could it be that you have hexed me? She asked teasingly. With any other wolf, her flirting was merely a guise, a tool to manipulate. But this... This was genuine. She was moving oh-so quickly, swayed by her intense emotions as she always was. But she doubted and hoped that Hex wouldn't mind.