Redhawk Caldera tell me every terrible thing you did and let me love you anyway
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Throughout the majority of the journey, Hvitserk had kept to himself—in the back and out of everyone’s way. Although he wanted to prove himself, the closer they got to their destination, the more he wondered if he was really meant to be there, to fight for them. He wasn’t entirely sure what he was even fighting for, in all honesty. Wildfire had been attacked—that’s what he’d been told, that’s why he had followed. He wasn’t accustomed to fighting for the pack, however, having spent the entirety of his life thus far defending a single wolfFreyja. It made him uneasy, realising that he wasn’t defending her anymore but, instead, someone that wasn’t apart of his family; and for the rest of his life he would be defending many someones. Genetically, he was built to do exactly this and even his instincts insisted upon it but, emotionally, he was uncertain. He couldn’t place how he felt about it, choosing to instead ignore his thoughts for the time being and focus on the war—that was the only reason for his being there, after all.

As everyone slowed to an eventual stop, he followed suit, noticing moments later that not everyone had caught on. Whilst she hadn’t actually touched him, he still felt her hovering nearby and turned his head to peer over his shoulder at her. Silent, he watched her, returning his attention to the front of the group just as he picked up on the approach of others; silver, soot, and fire. Focusing on those gathering with the Heda, he listened closely with the hope of picking up on whatever words were exchanged—after Wildfire had finished talking, that is. He ignored what she had said, feeling awkward and being reminded of his sister; would she greet him the same way, should they meet again? Deciding that it didn’t matter—now wasn’t the time to get pulled into the past, he needed to remain alert and ready for the impending battle—he crept a little closer, stopping within the center of the group, and settled back onto his haunches. He kept his ears perked and gaze ahead, forcibly forgetting the world around him with the intention of (kind of) unintentionally eavesdropping.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
Messages In This Thread
RE: tell me every terrible thing you did and let me love you anyway - by Hvitserk - December 26, 2017, 11:58 PM