Blacktail Deer Plateau all the kids are right
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Follow-up to this thread. @Spiritwalker @Lavender. Let's let Lav post next, I think?
Grayday - with the help of Catori - made it to his daughter's side and immediately tipped back his head to call for @Raid. He couldn't quite tell how badly Lavender was hurt, even turning his head this way and that to try and view her from every angle. It didn't help that his own mind was still reeling in the pain and shock of losing an eye.

"Is it bad?" he asked, his voice urgent and panicky. He didn't know if he was talking to Lavender or Catori, but he knew he wanted answers - now.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender still lay in the woods where she had passed out on her way to her den, but she had ceased crying. At this point she just didn’t know what to do, where to go. Her pain had started to feel more like a sting than a burn like she’d grown a bit numb to it. She sniffled occasionally looking around for her family, hoping they would find her. She’d lost her voice, and her strength, and all she could do now was wait, like a fawn who had lost her mother. Finally she saw two figures, who soon developed into Catori and Grayday, drawing near.

She attempted to drag herself up, but the stinging on the back of her neck turned back into burning, and whatever gash the attacker had created surely had opened again. She stopped trying to drag herself towards them and instead waited for them to be at her side. Daddy... She let out a few broken sounds, in a whiny tearful voice. He asked how bad it was, and Lavender had no idea how to tell. She just bent her head down more so that Catori could see it.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid had been tracking a rabbit across near the borders of Morningside when the cry rang through the air. She recognised the voice as Grayday's and as soon as the urgency registered in her mind, the girl abandoned her mini hunt and set off quickly in direction of the Alpha. Paws pounded hard against the earth and her breaths slipped from between her lips in harsh, little pants. Knives prodded hard against her skull but she ignored the pain and pushed forward.

Moments later, Raid skidded to a stop beside Grayday. The first thing she noticed was his lack of an eye, then her gaze flickered down to the child lying on the forest floor. "What happened?" she asked calmly, quickly crouching to examine the injuries on the kid. A quick glance told her that it was nothing too serious and would heal quickly as long as infection did not set in. Grayday's situation, on the other hand, was nothing she'd dealt with before - as far as her lack of a memory could tell.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Moving on without @Spiritwalker; let's just assume she's being helpful somehow in the background XD
"I'm here, baby," he said, his stomach twisting at the sound of her voice. "We're gonna take care of you, okay? I'm here. I've gotchya."

Raid arrived before too long, asking what had happened. "A trespasser attacked her. I can't see how bad it is," he said tightly, gesturing her toward his daughter. His own injury would have to be tended to in time, but his life wasn't currently in danger, and he could tolerate the pain until his daughter waas taken care of.
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori supported Grayday as they headed back to the densite she'd instructed Lavender towards, but when the pair came across her she'd almost felt Grayday's anxiety grow even more. "Shhh, we'll get it all settled," Catori soothed as she pressed a few gentle kisses to the girl's crown before inspected the seeping wound. Tentatively she took a swipe over the largest gash and hated the taste of metallic blood on her tongue. This was a baby - by proxy, her baby now - and while she hadn't killed the interloper the way she'd wanted to she felt confident that they had caused some lasting damage between the two of them. "It's going to hurt for awhile, but it doesn't look like it'll be too bad for too long." She explained as calmly as she could. 

"You were very brave Lavender." Catori said quietly as they waited for Raid to arrive, turning her attention towards Grayday. "We'll get you both taken care of." This was almost an afterthought as she tried to settle herself down, anxiously licking her lips before Raid arrived. "If you need anything, I can run for it." Catori offered to the healer - trying to give herself something to focus on to try and direct her anxious energy. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Grayday's voice reassured Lavender, his words soothing to her ears. Even more reassuring, her step mother's kisses and praise. She felt safe with them around, and felt a little stronger too. She moved to stand up, slowly but surely. She turned to Raid, a female who she only knew to be a healer, and nothing more. I think I'm ok. It burns a little but can you to make sure daddy's eye is ok? She said, standing beside her father but refusing to look up. Seeing the empty hole where his eye used to be scared her, and made her feel guilty, like somehow she had caused it. She pushed away that thought, and waited, hoping that somehow Raid could fix it.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
so sorry for the wait :( rl is a bit chaotic rn

Panic begins to seep into Raid's bloodstream for no other reason other than the fact that it was a baby and Grayday lost an eye and she doesn't know how to treat wounded eyes and oh my god what should she do, she doesn't want to get kicked out and-

She exhales slowly. Medics can't afford to panic, and as she is now the medic in charge, she can't panic. She can't let anything, not even herself, get in the way of the patients' wellbeing. So she breathes and lowers her head to examine the pup's wounds. "I'll take a look at daddy's eye after I make sure you're fine, okay?" the words come out much surer than she feels and for a brief second, Raid is proud of herself - as far as she can recall, she's never been good with kids. A quick lick and another inspection proves her theory to be correct - it's not deep or life-threatening and as long as infection doesn't set in, it should heal quite quickly. Raid lifts her head and straightens, carefully meeting both parents' in the eye as she speaks. "It's not life-threatening and she's not going to die. The wound, thankfully, isn't deep and it'll heal. It will hurt, but it'll heal quite quickly. I have some herbs ready to use, but for the time being, just keep her wound clean by licking."

Raid turns to Grayday then and though she tries her best, still chews on her bottom lip almost anxiously. "I'll have to take a closer look at your eye, Grayday. There's not much that I can do for your sight, but I can try to make sure it won't get worse by infection."
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday pressed closer to Catori, a wave of relief so strong it made him feel weak in the knees when swept through him. She was fine. (The male couldn't help but think back to another place, another time, another woman. The fear of not knowing if he'd hurt his daughter, and the poisonous anger that'd been directed at her mother for withholding the information.

But she was fine. He'd tear that woman apart if he ever saw her again, but he could rest easy tonight knowing his daughter was safe and sound.

"We're gonna fix you all up, baby," he promised, tacking his own words of comfort onto Raid's.

And then Raid was turning to him, talking about his eye and his sight, and the words all ran together for the sterling male. He wasn't sure what had even happened, except that it'd hurt, and he couldn't see out of that eye at the moment.

"How bad is it?" he asked, nuzzling Catori for comfort before lowering himself to his belly so that Raid could examine his face. "What happened?"
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori still felt her stomach rolling and every time that the scent of blood reached her nose she felt a new wave strike her. She had to keep it together however. Not only was Lavender needing comfort but so was Grayday and she made sure that she was tucked against his side as closely as possible so that he wouldn't move too much. It seemed even worse when he moved, after all. "There's a girl," Catori cooed, giving a smile as she watched Lavender put her own pain aside and put on a brave face. How much the children had already been through wasn't lost on Catori - although she knew the type of father that Grayday was for them they never suffered for it. 

"You just tell us if it gets to hurting too badly, honey." She instructed the younger female, nuzzling against her jaw for a moment before the attention of the group was given to Grayday. This was what she truly had feared. It didn't take a medic to know that Grayday wouldn't regain the vision in that eye and it meant that his already poor eyesight would be that much worse. As he sank to the ground Catori shifted from his bad side to curl against the other, motioning Lavender close as well so she could stay present and gain as much comfort as possible. "It had to be during the fight - I didn't realize it at first....the interloper must have caught him with a fang." She said with a frown, trying to keep the pure venom out of her voice for the sake of Lavender. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.