Horizon Ridge We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Ragnar was too quiet, and though a far cry from shy he was a private creature. Though his time as Jarl of the Cove had opened up Ragnar to the idea of socializing that worked against him. Even as the Head Warden he was terse on what he told strangers and on most occasions did not offer information willingly such as his name; in fact it was because of Pump that most of the wolves knew what his name was, not that they would not have found out eventually. Julooke assured him that he was not judged because of his culture, nor because of what he had done despite that he was a far cry from ashamed of it. As it was, he didn’t see anything wrong with it and that was probably in where most wolves had a problem with the assertive, ambitious Viking; he was unchanging, holding steadfast to his beliefs and culture in a world where those ways were apparently frowned upon. Surprise flitted across Ragnar’s face when Julooke seemed to feel remorse for how he lived. It was not something they shared in and so the Viking remained silent. She did not need to feel pity for his culture, they were proud of who they were but Ragnar suspected that might have not been received well by the woman and so he kept it to himself favoring silence.

Her question was a rational one and the Viking gave her a thoughtful little smirk. Since his arrival here months ago he had not raided or killed, but that was not to say that he didn’t yearn too. It was more of a yearning for raiding than killing he had not often joined in on that unless they were met with retaliation. He had brought the idea up of raiding to Pump but whether she would allow him to train wolves for it, whether anyone would want to raid to begin with giving their ‘morals’ he did not know it would take well with the wolves in the Ridge. She seemed eager to please to his savage side but he did not know how well these wolves would take the idea. If it were up to Ragnar they would have raided already. “No,” But if he was given the chance? There was no contest that his answer would be ‘yes’; however, he was not the kind of leader that needlessly risked the lives of his pack. He had lead the Berserkers too long for that green boy mistake. It was always wise, no matter what, to let the opposed make the first move to see what they would do.

“I think so,” And even if they didn’t Ragnar wasn’t giving them a choice in the matter. They were Vikings, it was their birthright and he would teach them of his ways and his native language. If they chose, when they were older, to go a different path then there was nothing he could do about it at that point but until they were of an age to make decisions for themselves they were stuck with ‘Viking lessons’. Odinn couldn’t punish Ragnar for their adult decisions but he could punish him if Ragnar didn’t try to make them into Vikings. At her offer to assist him with that, the Beta leveled a considering stare at the woman, appraising and assessing her carefully. In this, he saw an opportunity arise and Ragnar wasn’t the type of man to hold back. “You would learn my culture just so you could teach my children?” Either she was desperate to be a caretaker or there was a part of her that was interested. As it was, Ragnar wasn’t sure which it was but he would not turn her away if she was interested in learning. “Ok. If you learn my culture and Gods, I will let you aid in caring for my children.” He made his deal to her, because his Gods were essential and while she did not have to practice the culture or religion herself she would need to learn it to get what she wanted. That was Ragnar’s condition. Of course, if Julooke wanted to be a Viking, at the end of it, he would not deny her the rite of passage but he didn’t hold his breath for that.

One thing at a time, for now, he decided.

Messages In This Thread