Horizon Ridge We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

Julooke’s response was satisfying enough for Ragnar and so he nodded as she explained that she would do the same for any parent. “Good,” Said the Viking with a soft simplicity. He suspected that he did not have to tell her that her willigness to learn his culture and beliefs to be able to teach his children and gain herself the ‘Caretaker’ trade was admirable and would get her far within Horizon Ridge’s ranks. Already it had her in his good books which was a good place to start in the terms of where Ragnar was concerned. He slowly slid down from his reclined position to a familiar sphinx-like one, relaxing a little bit further in Julooke’s presence than he had previously allowed himself. She was a pack mate after all, and she posed no immediate threat to his wife or children as she had been clear to insinuate to him. “I will teach them my native tongue as well,” He informed her as an after thought, though he did not intend to teach Julooke — not that he wouldn’t if she was interested but that it was probably too much to learn just to teach pups. “You do not have to learn it but I will encourage them to use it often among each other and to use the common tongue when speaking to every one else.” It was very similar to what Dagrun and him did when they were around each other. The language was just as much apart of the culture as anything else was.

Ragnar understood the possibility that they could use the ancient Norse to talk back and forth to one another without Julooke (or Thistle) being able to understand most, if not all of what they said. It was an easy way for them to get into trouble; but they were children and they would get into trouble whether they spoke only the common tongue or others. Her smile was large, her tone enthusiastic and the Viking could not help the soft chuckle that rose from his lips. Her enthusiasm was appreciated and her ambition was something that the Viking could not help but admire because he had his own ambitions. It was nice to know that she was eager to get started in proving herself to them, though Ragnar was only half of the leadership she had to prove herself too (and to his chagrin not the important half). He considered her question of when they could get started. “We could start today, if you wish. I won’t overload you on information today, but I could explain in detail the Rite I need to perform and why no one is allowed to see the children until they are a month old. It is an important part of my culture where children are concerned and it is a start.” He had whole generations of knowledge, generations of an entire culture and Gods and beliefs and it was a lot more information than he could tell her, or even attempt to summarize in a couple of hours.

So Ragnar considered it was probably best to start small and with the most relevant thing and work outwards from there.

Messages In This Thread