Stone Circle Following The Stars
109 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Kiran gazed upon the stars that shined in the night sky, in hope they might guide her way towards her next part of her journey. She set's off in the morning as the wind flows through the tips of her thick winter coat as she navigated through the snow. Coming up to a border, the wolf stays a reasonable distance away from it as she howls for someone.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook pricked her ears and turned her patrol toward the summons, noting that it seemed for no one in particular, and of no one she recognizes. These two things are enough for her to raise her guard, already on high alert from Desna's new orders to ensure the security of the land.

The wolf sat a respectable distance from where Easthollow began, and Nanook she turned to the woman with a sharp appraisal, fiery eyes taking in the other for any sign of threat. The foreigner carried no scent she knew - only that of the open road - but this meant nothing in whether the Apaata would ease or extend her trust. It was only information, and she held herself tall, head tipped, ears pitched forward, and body inclined, a silent implore for her to speak.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
The white female lowered her body in a showing of respect before she spoke. "Hello, I am Kiran and I am looking for a pack that might be so kind as to let me join." Kiran spoke with elegance as she looke at the female who had answered her call.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The Apaata tipped her head a slight degree to the left and appraised Kiran through narrowed eyes. She seemed an adult, and fit enough to carry herself. And she had done herself well in her show of submission - but could she be trusted to come amongst them? Though Nanook thought briefly about calling Desna now, she discarded the idea in favour of first testing Kiran herself.

"You're able-bodied," Nanook stated, an abrupt break in the silence. "Hunt with me." She motioned her body forward with a step over the border into neutral lands. The mercenary would not allow the stranger an inch into Easthollow until both she and her sister considered her worthy and safe beyond what could be expressed through words.
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
Of course Kiran knew that she must prove that she is capable of providing adequate skills that would benifit the pack. "Okay." The white female noded her head slightly as her ears adjusted as she tried to listen for prey that she might be able to take down with ease.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
For reference - she's directing Kiran onto Shadowyn Moor and up into the Eastern forested area of Lost Creek Hollow (:

Nanook watched as Kiran flicked her ears, no doubt in search of a prey animal to pursue. Yet she had hoped the stranger would have chosen to fan out to a location a fairer distance from the pack. The Apaata pressed forward. "Lead us onto the Moor, and strike North. There's a forest there. Prey will be easier to find." Nanook drew completely onto neutral land, but still kept herself between the stranger and Easthollow. With a nod in the right direction, she bid Kiran to lead.
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran was unfamiliar with this land but followed the females directions, She comes up to the forest that she had described. She listenes for any sounds that might be of an animal that they could hunt. Her white hears twitch at a sound in the distance, she knew not what it was. "I believe I hear something." She says in a hushed tone.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The woman impressed Nanook by her ability to navigate the land, and when they came upon Lost Creek Hollow - to a portion of forest well outside the reach of Easthollow - the sterling warrior honed her senses to their surroundings to drink in the sounds, the sights, the smells, in search of anything worth pursuing.

At Kiran's word, Nanook focused harder, and caught the sound a short distance off - a faint rustling through the trees, and the sound of wood grinding. She had heard this before while roaming the North, along streams and rivers and lakes. "A beaver," she murmured, and flicked her ear to Kiran. "Your move," she tested, and inclined her ear to hear the plan of attack she would suggest for them to follow.
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran nodded before she spoke. "If my knowledge serves me right beavers are rather slow, so we could probably sneak up on it and when we get close enough we could catch it with a quick sprint." The white she-wolf had done it once before,if it would work again, she knew not.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
She herself had never taken down a beaver, but Kiran seemed to have experience - and Nanook chose to trust her in that. "If it's gnawing down a tree, there must be some land between the beaver and the bank of the river." The water gurgled beyond the trees to their left - not too far a crawl - and Nanook drew a short nod. "I'll follow the river, and you circle on land. We'll ambush from both sides and block its retreat."
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran nodded at her plan and began on her way, she was cautious and walked fast but quiet. Soon the creature was within sight, it had a bit of weight on it, it's fur wet from water. That would weigh it down a bit more making it slower. She got as close as she could making sure she didn't scare it off.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Nanook only waited long enough to see Kiran turn before she, too, crept off along her chosen route. The river gurgled in a lazy slush along her left, while the shore met the forest in a slope of leafless bushes to her right. The underbrush didn't provide as much cover as she would have liked, and she felt woefully exposed. She tucked lower and hoped her stony fur would camouflage with the twisting shadow the branches cast.

Soon enough she caught the slow movement of brown further inland, and Nanook slowed to a crawl and sought a point of ambush. Upon reaching an adequate spot where the branches parted wide enough to find her way through, she cast her attention uphill and scanned about for Kiran. The snowy stranger had the advantage on this one - the beaver turned its back to the forest, having begun a slow movement toward the water.
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
She croutches low and goes slow and quiet at first and as soon as she saw her opening she took it, sprinting as she drove the animal towards the other female. She knew then that this animal wouldn't be getting away from them.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A flurry of white charged from the forest ahead - Kiran, alight with the drive of the hunt. This would be an easy kill - until the beaver jumped and bolted, betraying nimble paws despite its thick and lumbering body. Nanook bristled and stalled, caught with the sudden shock. But she set her brow and recover, and the Apaata leapt from her cover just as the beaver made for the line of bushes that stood along the bank of the river.

The beaver crashed beneath her weight, and Nanook grappled for purchase. It squirmed and thrashed, and once nearly scored her face, but Nanook held a tight grip. She sunk her teeth deep, until she pierced through the beaver's insulating fat and reached the lifeblood beneath. Crimson stained her jaws and the snow beneath them - the beaver grew sluggish, its heartbeat slowed, and finally, fell limp.

Nanook pulled away and swiped a tongue across the corners of her mouth. The beaver still twitched with a phantom life, but its heart stilled, dead. She turned a narrowed look at Kiran. "That wasn't slow," she remarked. The white wolf had been wrong about that - but it was hardly enough to fault her on. Kiran had worked well as a team, and showed skill in her prowess and speed. Nanook crooked her head, a shimmer of interest in her eyes. "Valette will decide your place with us." She gestured to the beaver and stepped away to allow Kiran to pick up their prize.
I'll do better
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran walked up to yhe dead beaver that was laying lifeless in the snow. "I guess that I underestimated it." She took responsiblity for her mistake and nodded at the she-wolf's words. Kiran picked up the beaver as she waited for the other to either speak or move forward. She hoped that she had proved herself well enough.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Kiran didn't defend her mistake but owned it with calm acceptance. If the Apaata had been any bit uncertain in bringing Kiran back for Desna's approval, that hesitance was gone. Based on attitude alone, Nanook believed this was a loner worth vouching for.

Nanook beckoned Kiran with a crook of her head back toward Easthollow and set off toward the borders with a steady lope - quick enough to take the lead, but slow enough to let the woman run comfortably behind her, given the heavy load she bore. A test of stamina, though even if she lagged, Kiran had already won her favour.

When they both reached the border, Nanook tipped back her head and called for the audience of @Valette.
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was called, so the alpha female was quick to abandon her task. The female howled to her sister that she was coming to meet her. She had a quick gallop towards the howl. She saw her sister with a stranger. Valette looked at Nanook and then at the female next to her. "Hello, I am Valette, Leader of this pack," she spoke. She expected Nanook to explain what the deal was with this female.
109 Posts
Ooc —
Kiran bows her had with respect and introduces herself. The white wolf sets down the beaver that she and the other wolf had caught before introducing herself to the leader whom was standing in front of her. "Hello, my name is Kiran." She said.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Her sister arrived in fair time with an expected questioning in her eyes. Kiran held herself well and showed respect where due. The Apaata couldn't help but feel a bit proud about that. If all went well, this would be her first recruit, and she was chalking up to be a good one.

Nanook held these thoughts to herself, her face as level as ever, save for the bright shimmer in her eyes. "She seeks a home with us. I took her hunting."  She nodded to the beaver and allowed the prey to speak for itself. "She kept up well. Her mind is sound." And that, to Nanook, was almost more important than finesse. Any good wolf could hunt, but she thought better than to think everyone had their wits about them.
I'll do better
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head when the other introduced herself. The alpha then turned to her sister and listened to her verdict. Valette felt that it was probably a good one otherwise she wouldn't have been called. "How good of you to take her hunting," she approved. It was a good way of a wolf showing off their skills.

"Well then, if you are convinced I am as well," she spoke in a friendly matter. Valette liked that her sister took such an initiative and it opened her eyes that Nanook might be a wonderful Beta. She should tell her sister and ask her if she was interested. "Well then, Kiran. Welcome to Easthollow."
109 Posts
Ooc —
Last post from me, feel free to post once more or archive. Thank you.

Kiran's tail swayed back and forth and she was greatful for their generousity. "It is a pleasure to be here, thank you both very much." The white she-wolf was excited for her triumph at joining a pack and was determined to do her best.
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Last from me as well! Welcome to Easthollow, looking forward to seeing you around! <3

Her sister's trust never failed to surprise Nanook, even when extended to her. She turned to Kiran and offered her a light tip of the head - a welcome to the pack - though inside, her heart swelled.

"Come, I will show you where you can cache that beaver," Nanook offered, and turned inland. When she passed her sister, she let her eyes meet her face, and, though fleeting, a smile hovered on the lips of the feral girl. This one was her recruit - her first recruit. And though her usual mask returned by the time she turned back to Kiran, the warmth of the accomplishment lingered in her thoughts and in her tail's gentle sway.
I'll do better