Ankyra Sound To the promised land
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He had spent most of the day patrolling around the borders of Drageda. By the time of midday, he decided to go on a bit of a trip, not too far. That's when he found a part of the coastline, a bay. It brought back memories of what Mother had told him, of how she was born on the coast.

Arrille began to walk toward the shoreline, letting his paws be touched by the coming cold tide. And his gaze turned to the high moon above. 

@Chusi
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
I think this thread works better if it's set before her actual returning thread but hey, what are timelines? XD

She barely blinked as the cold, salty winds of the coast blew in her pretty face - ocher eyes duller than they had ever been. She wanted to go home, to a place she felt safe, yet she didn't have one anymore. She feared their place near the farther mountains was no more, and she had no idea where Arturo and Lotte might have gone to with their kin. She had let her whole family down by staying away for so long, so the thought of them abandoning her wasn't an impossible one.

But deep within the saltiness of the sea was another scent, intermingled with the harshness of winter. She recognized only part of it - this place she had visited many a time, and she knew of what packs had claimed the beaches of their own. Yes, it was familiar, and that was all she needed right now. Her eyes sought the whitened beaches, spotting a white creature upon it. He did not look older than her, a yearling at most, but a gentle smile was found appropriate for a greeting.

I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
We can set it back to then if you want, he spends most of his time patrolling

Arrille spotted the other before smelling her, as the smell of the sea was strong. She looked close in age. But Arrille was having second thoughts about approaching them. He wasn't a loner anymore, and had a pack. And he wasn't in his territory currently. But, like Seri, perhaps they were harmless. So he remained still, barely seeing their smile.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
:))

Her ocher eyes lit up as she approached, slowly but steadily, tail hung low in a gentle sway from side to side. Her ears were pressed just slightly towards him in interest and there had never been a sense of danger about her. How others may perceive her was their problem, but 93% of the time Chusi meant no harm.

When she felt she was close enough to speak to him yet far enough to flee if he were to attack and to not come into his personal bubble, she stopped, her smile turning into a grin. Hiya. She greeted in a voice that was a bit strained. When was the last time she talked to someone? It had probably been to Mouse since she rarely talked to herself when alone, and that was about a month ago. She glanced behind the boy, recognizing the place from her travels. 'Ya from... Drageda? She asked, though it took her a bit to remember the pack's name. Had the encounter happened sooner, she wouldn't have forgotten as badly as now. What scout forgot what places she had visited?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Whoever they were approached slowly, so he stood still after a couple steps back to give some distance between them, but he did not leave. "Um...hi" he answered back, looking from over from the small distance between them. He sniffed at the air towards them, and didn't smell any scent he recognized. 

He nodded slowly. "Yes, Drageda...you know of it?" He assumed that was a good thing.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The boy seemed shy, almost, and not nearly as enthusiastic as she was. Then again, she had met stranger strangers. Hell, she remembered Darky, and she had probably never spoken a word in her whole life. She grinned again, showing she was at least happy that the greeting was returned. Strangers were just friends she hadn't met yet. And this boy had a trait she found very beautiful; the blue eyes of the sea, her favorite colour (purple being a close second). Unfortunately, she didn't carry them herself, instead stuck with the genes of her cruel mother and unknown father.

Yeh - from mah travels. Just befur wint'r, I traveled across a huuuge portion of tha Teekon. She revealed, proud of her former journey. She probably had walked across more land - seen more sights - than most of the inhabitants in the Teekon. 'Lived near tha sea mahself fur a pritty long time. She nodded, eyes closed, nearly as refined as her father. She couldn't keep it up for long though, since her usually wide smile returned almost immediately after.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille titled his head curiously as she spoke. "Traveled? So you've been to other places?" A small bit of hope was instilled inside of him. "Have you seen a wolf, with an eye like mine, and another black? She...she was my Mother, and left me some time ago." He may have let go of the hope for his Father, but not Mother. Plus, this wolf said she had traveled a hue part of Teekon. And they had lived near the sea, like Mother.

"Sorry, you probably haven't...I forgot to ask your name, mine is Arrille" he quickly added. He wanted to move past that conversation quickly, thinking he should not have brought it up at all. It opened old wounds around his heart.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The wolves she saw as her parents were not blood related. Her siblings she loved so much did not bear the Gorgon name that hadn't haunted her since Arturo gave her the Fearghal name. Why the boy was looking for his mother she could hardly understand. Then again, there were mothers like Lotte, and perhaps the scary sounding bit about one of the woman's eyes being black was just unfortunate. Nope - sorry... She excused. She would've definitively remembered someone with a black eye.

She shook her head with a small smile. No biggie - 'been lookin' for mah own family too. They're prolly worried sick, just like yar own mum. I'd do anythin' to find 'em. She explained, ears lowering just a bit - drooping like every hair that was not part of her neck fluff. Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal. She introduced herself, perking up again.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arille was half glad, and half saddened by her answer. He knew that this wolf had not seen Mother, so he could put the thought back to his mind. But he was also saddened, once again believing that she would never return. 

He smiled a little at the thought of his own mother being worried sick. Maybe she went to find him. "I'm sure your family will come back" he said, being hopeful for both himself and her.

"Fear...gal?" he asked. "I'm Arrille. Arrille Loðbrok" he answered. He rarely used his last name, almost never. But she had shared her last name, so he thought he may as well do so as well.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
While she was usually more hopeful than any other being, that thought of her family coming to her was a near impossible one. No, she had to show them she was still part of them, and she had to do so by finding them. She had lived on luck for far too long, and it was time to get off her pretty ass and start working for what she wanted. Right now, she wanted her family, a place to stay and friends from her past. All at the same time didn't seem plausible either.

Yep - it's mah dad's. 'Got it when he adopted meh. She smiled, not saddened at all that she was basically an orphan. Her head and ears tipped to the left in curious confusion. Loðbrok? Is it yar mum's or yar dad's? She asked.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He raised a brow toward Chusi. He hadn't heard of 'adopted' before. "Adopted? What's adopted?" the young boy asked. Arrille tried to think of what it could be, but couldn't seem to.

"Dunno, I never asked my parents" he answered. And he hadn't. Now that he thinks about it, that's something he never got to ask. "So, what are you doing out here? More adventuring? Or just looking at the sea? I thought that I might do some venturing along the shoreline here."
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She bit her lip, ocher eyes trailing the cloudy sky for a bit. How in the name of The Sea was she supposed to explain that? Well, when ya dun't have any parents an'more, others can adopt ya. Like a parent, but then not by blood. They just... take ya in like one'of their own. She tried, ears wobbling as she thought of the best way to paint the picture.

'n ya can't ask yar dad? She questioned, brows knitting together in slight concern. Was he an orphan too - a lostling with only The Sea as mother? 'Not sure... She answered honestly. Just... Trying ta follow mah own pawprints ta a place I can feel safe 'gain.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille made an 'o' shape with his mouth, and he understood what Chusi meant now. Though even if anyone offered, well he didn't know what he would do. He certainly did want a Mother again, a parent to guide him. "I get what you mean. So a replacement parent?" he asked. 

His face and ears fell at the mention of Father. That wolf that looked like him had told him that his Father was dead. And he was beginning to believe that. "He's..." He couldn't find it in himself to answer to that.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi put on her serious face, brows and mouth straight as a log, to make her point. Arturo 'n Lotte feel more like mah blood than mah "real" parents. To just call them a replacement was not right. She wasn't trying to replace anyone, but she was young and needed a mentor - someone she could trust with her life if need be. That someone was Arturo, her real father in every way but by blood. Besides - She smiled a bit again. Ya can't replace somethin' ya nevah had. I knew mah blood mother fur a few months at best... 'n I nevah even met mah blood father. Or maybe she had - who knew? She couldn't ask Sen and the one who fathered her probably didn't even remember he had a child anymore.

She bit her lip again, afraid she had hurt him. Sorry - I didn't know. She came just a little bit closer, head lowered to look up at him in an attempt to comfort him.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille understood a little more, her adopted parents were closer to her than her real parents. He never could understand how that could happen, yet it had with him in his travels with Maude. "What about your mother? Was she not kind? My mother, she was the closest thing I had."

Arrille sadly nodded. "I don't want to think about all that" he replied, not taking notice of how Chusi moved closer in an attempt to comfort him.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her brows knitted together again, as they always did when a conversation went a little more serious route. Well... Don't 'member much, but she locked meh up in tha den a lot... She huffed a soft snort, finding the situation a lot less serious now that she was grown. Sen might have just been overprotective after all. Now that she was thinking about it - had she been her only child?

Sometimes ya just can't help it, ey? 'Least, I can't. She smiled comfortingly, not realizing she was getting closer. Then again, having such a meaningful conversation nearly a meter apart was a bit silly as well.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had a rather grim look on his face upon hearing that. Perhaps it was for her safety, but by how she said it, Arrile doubted that. There was more to this story no doubt, but he would not ask. 

He shook his head sadly, guess there was no helping that. He lifted his head, only now just seeing how close she was getting and took a sudden step back out of surprise. "Uh..." He wasn't sure how to respond right away, but eventually saw what she was doing, and he realized that they both needed some emotional comforting. They both had it hard, and no doubt she was an orphan too. "We both have had it hard, haven't we?" he said, staying still and allowing her to give some comfort.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
As soon as the child version of Chusi had gotten the chance to leave with Zephyr, she had taken it. All she wanted to do, even from a young age, was to explore and meet others. She supposed she had that freedom now, but at what cost? Her real and adopted family? Then again, she had no use to dwell on it for much longer than a midday with Arrille.

She looked at her own feet then, noticing herself how close she had gotten and taken a step back. She looked up at him and smiled like the doofus she sometimes was. Yeah. She admitted, rather cheerfully. But it'll be bettah befur we know it. She encouraged, truly believing her own words.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille watched as she stepped back, smiling an odd smile. "You're..." he couldn't settle on a word between weird, and funny. So he skipped by that to the next part. He wasn't sure if it would get better. "Will it? Did it get better for you....did it stay better?" he added to the question. He wanted things to stay one way.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Raising her eyebrows, she tipped her head to the left a little. I'm...? She asked, wondering what exactly he meant with what he had said. What was she? Nice? Funny? Annoying? Weird? She guessed it depended on who was judging her.

If Happiness was permanent... I don't think life'll be much fun. She smiled. Every low introduced a new high for her. Losing her mother (well, escaping her) gave her Arturo. The loss of Zephyr had given her the power to do everything for Teaghlaigh. The attack of the Blackfeather Fuckers had given her new hope, and her siblings in a safer environment. But it'll get bettah. After ev'ry fall, you'll get up 'gain at sum point.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The boy paused for a moment, then answered rather bluntly, "Odd." Arrille still wasn't sure about that. If it was good, then how could life not be fun? He did not think about the lack of adventure, and other such things that would not happen if life was all happiness. He just wanted endless happiness for himself, he wished for it.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi grinned and tipped her head. Though she had preferred a more appealing thing to be called, odd might be the best fit for her as far as Arrille knew. Of course her family knew she was hard-working and determined, but one conversation usually only got the most negative things about her personality out of her; Too chatty, too peppy, too optimistic. She was still working on that. Bettah odd than borin', ey? She chuckled.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille shrugged to that, and he guessed that he could agree to that. He may have wished for just good in the world, but he also didn't quite enjoy boring. "Guess it is...and you haven't bored me yet." With the night closing around them, it began to get cold. He got chills. "It's getting cold out here..." he said. But he also didn't want to go back just yet.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She smiled brightly, happy with sharing her kindness and words with the yearling. Surely, if she didn't bore anyone, she was not that bad of a wolf after all. She was glad she wasn't bad - really, really glad. When Arrille had spoken, she looked around them, noting the darkening of the sky and, indeed, the winds that grew more chilly every few minutes or so. Well, what'ya expect with winter? She chuckled, already thinking of where and how she was going to spend the night.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille just glared at her at that comment, then rolled his eyes. "D-Do you have somewhere to go?" he asked, as a sudden cold breeze rushed by. He didn't think he could bring her to Drageda, but he still wanted to be sure she had some place to go, some place warm or some kind of shelter.