Deepwood Weald To quietly pass me by
10 Posts
Ooc —

The scent of blood in the air had lured him out of the valley to the west, and yet no matter how far he traveled it never seemed to abate nor grow in intensity. The wolf had half a mind to stop wasting his energy - but if something was out there and it was injured, then he wanted it. In following the trail of that blood-scent he crossed from the valley in to a forest, but by this point the hare was gone and the wolf who had found it, satiated. Aquila was left to peruse the forest without any direction and without having accomplished what he had set out to do (chiefly, take the food which he had smelled and devour it himself).

Rather than find himself at fault, the wolf chose to pursue the path of the stranger. They were young (he could tell based on the way they traveled through the woodland; they did not hide themselves as well as an adult), and their inexperience made it easy to close the gap between their positions. He followed after her in silence and with many pauses, often so that he could overcome an obstacle or investigate one of the ancient burned-out trees.

Perhaps she could lead him somewhere worthwhile? If this forest belonged to her family then there was a greater chance of a meal than he'd initially plotted, and thus Aquila kept himself upon her path, cautious but filled with desire.
Messages In This Thread
To quietly pass me by - by Wraen - December 25, 2017, 01:38 PM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by JB8 - December 28, 2017, 09:45 PM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by Wraen - December 29, 2017, 04:47 AM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by JB8 - December 31, 2017, 06:20 PM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by Wraen - January 01, 2018, 10:45 AM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by JB8 - January 02, 2018, 12:05 AM
RE: To quietly pass me by - by Wraen - January 02, 2018, 02:35 PM