Blacktail Deer Plateau strawberry afternoons
"Once you've met someone you never really forget them.
131 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Sunny. Here's the song I was listening to, haha.

There had been a reason for Sorrel's wandering so far from the territory's center, but she couldn't quite remember what it was. All that came to mind in the moment before overstepping the border was that she ought to turn around before someone sees and gets the wrong idea. Besides, her legs were starting to feel weak and her head a bit light; this had been enough trauma on her body for one day. Sorrel passed by one of the caches and nosed around for the thinnest cut she could find, then made her way back to where she'd been sleeping beside her brother.
"I'm dreaming! I'm dreaming!"
Chihiro, "Spirited Away" (2001)
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He had alot more energy now that he had food running through his system, so he was patrolling the borders once again. He noticed a smell that came from inside the territory and went away before coming back again, and curiously followed it. He spotted the cache and caught the tail end of Sorrel Marie heading back to the pack. Grabbing a smaller piece of prey from the cache he followed the she wolf back to the den area and watched as she lay down beside a familiar looking wolf. Was that Kieran Adrien? 

He felt shy again, something that was odd for the normally exuberant Sunny, so he pushed forward anyway. Clearing his throat he approached Sorrel and sat down,dropping his prey and offering her the signature Sunny lopsided grin "hello...we haven't met yet, I'm Sunny. Mind if I eat with you?" He asked politely.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel was taken aback by the friendly nature of the boy (of all of the Morningside wolves, really) and sat for a moment to properly think about what she was being asked. With Kieran so close, there wasn't much that could go wrong, right? She thought about her response, then gave a simple nod of her head. Sunny, she repeated back, Sorrel. 

Sorrel made a few small nips at the piece of meat in front of her, then sniffed at the meal of her new companion. With apologetic eyes, she looked up at Sunny, then continued on with her own slice. Sometimes, she forgot that she wasn't with Maman anymore, and not everyone had the same idea of good manners as she did. Sorry.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny slowly lowered himself to the ground upon her acceptance and dipped his head "nice to meet ya sorrel. I..kinda know Kieran here" he said attempting conversation awkwardly. He finally studied her and noticed how sick she looked and was tempted to ask what happened when it occurred to him that might not be the most polite question.

As she sniffed at his meal he tilted his head questioningly and simply watched. She was kinda cute in a way and when she looked apologetic he shook his head and grinned "Nah don't be sorry. If you want some feel free, I kinda raided the cache when I came home anyway...I can wait till I go out to hunt again" he said kindly and nudged his piece of prey toward her.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel shook her head no in response to the offering. She didn't actually want his meal, she wanted to know its smell. It might have very well just been superstition with no real backing, but Maman had always told her to smell her meal before trying it. That way, she would know if there were any evil spirits in it waiting to poison her. If it smelled fresh, metallic, then Sorrel knew that it was safe. If it smelled rancid or foul, then she knew better than to try her luck. It's okay, she whispered, then continued on with trying to keep down her own measly slice.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny watched her for a few moments more before biting off a chunk of his food and chewing it, swallowing before motioning to Kieran Adrien "are you his sister? I've only met him and his father" he asked curious about her. She seemed real sweet and kinda timid and sunny liked her already. Her outward appearance caused him concern, she looked mighty sick and thin. "Also...are you alright?" He asked in a gentle tone.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Although she'd heard Sunny's remarks, Sorrel didn't immediately respond. Finally, after a few moment's contemplation, she whispered, Yes. Since joining the ranks of Morningside, she'd spent all of her time with Kieran, never having seen her father. It sparked both curiosity and jealousy to hear that a near stranger had seen him before she had, but she knew that it wasn't Sunny's fault. I'm fine. Her condition was clearly rough so she couldn't really hold him for asking, but Sorrel thought that it was a bit rude of him. Then again, she probably would have had the same question if the roles were reversed.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flicked his ears a bit and ate some more of his meal looking down. At her short replies he felt he had offended her and felt bad, hoping he hadn't caused what seemed like a good first meeting to be ruined. He lifted his gaze again and simply nodded "well..alright. you'd know yourself better than anyone else I suppose" he said slowly though he was still concerned.

He shifted his position and offered her a more hesitant smile "I didn't mean to offend you or anything...it must've seemed like I was sayin you looked bad but...um..I think you look fine" he stammered shyly and then cringed at how awkward he sounded. "I mean..you're real pretty" he tried again and then clamped his mouth shut staring down at his paws. "Sorry...I guess this is why I don't have many friends"

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel was taken aback by the sudden shift, having gone from, "Do you feel alright?" to, "You're gorgeous", and had a bit of a hard time comprehending. Sunny seemed like a nice enough boy, but the way that he was acting was outside of anything she had experienced before. In the beginning, her childhood was a normal one; mom, dad, brother, friends. Puppy love had never made an appearance, nor did it later on once she'd found Maman (or rather, Maman found Sorrel). 

And so now, at the ripe of age of one year and some change, Sorrel was getting her first little flutter. Not to kill the mood, but she wasn't the biggest fan of the feeling. Her ears fell back in embarrassment as she looked away from Sunny, then hearing his statement about not having many friends. Being in a pack like Morningside, Sorrel doubted that he hadn't met a nice wolf here or there who he could call a friend, but she didn't know how long he'd been there. Heck, it might have been his first day!

Here, how long? Sorrel asked, her head tilted in curiosity.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grimaced as she looked equally as embarrassed as he felt and despite the slightest bit of racing in his heart he was glad when she changed the subject. It wasn't one he was exactly happy to breach but it was better than his awkward attempt at making his rudeness better with a boyishly innocent bit of dorky flattery. "Well...that's kinda a long story..so..I went back to Easthollow when Morningside was formed. I came back just before winter and stayed until the first snow hit...maybe about a month and then I went out to hunt and got lost and then injured so.." He babbled awkwardly and then lifted his twisted forepaw. "In total a month. I've just gotten home a few days ago" he said.

"I never stuck around long enough to make any close friends...Adyita,Aliac and Catori are all I've met so far besides you...me and Dawn aren't really...well we're working on our relationship and so the only one I have is my dad.." he said shuffling his paws in the snow. He looked up at her and attempted to brighten the conversation with a joke "I'm pretty awkward and forward, I think it might annoy the adults" he said. There wasn't too many young wolves like them around Morningside. Dawn was an adult in his eyes, she helped lead the pack and already did so much.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel didn't know much about making friends, so she couldn't sympathize there; she never felt the need to have anyone around aside from Maman, save for her blood. On that same note, she couldn't get why he would find himself annoying to anyone, let alone the adults who seemed to be the most welcoming lot she'd come across. What she could understand, however, was being lost and struggling to get back home. Sunny sounded like he'd seen a lot of what the area had to offer, but whether that would prove positive or negative, Sorrel wasn't sure. 

She took in a deep breath and looked at Sunny for approval, then nosed around at his paw with such tenderness that one might not have felt her touch at all. Mine, too, she said, then adjusting to show the swollen ankle she'd been so careful with. It wasn't her only injury, but it was the most severe; her others could be chalked up to the side effects of frostbite, rather than an actual wound.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny held still as she inspected his paw and then looked down at hers. The swelling was still noticeable on her ankle and he sucked in a sympathetic breath. After a moment he looked up at her "I...I know a way to get the swelling down. I can show you sometime?" He offered hoping she'd agree so he could figure out an excuse to spend some more time with her.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel thought for a moment, then nodded her head. It sure did hurt a lot, and she figured that keeping control of the swelling might be able to help just enough to get her back onto her feet and into working condition. It was unlikely that anyone would see her doing much during the height of winter, but once spring rolled around, Sorrel fully planned on doing everything she could to help out. However, in order to do that, she would need to be able to walk more than a few feet without falling over. Okay, Sunny.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
When she said okay he slowly stood up and motioned for her to follow "we gotta go to the stream that's in our territory, you can lean on me if you want" he offered kindly his tail slowly swaying at. Lowered position to show he meant no harm. The trick he was about to show her had been learned on his own, it not only helped the swelling but caused the pain to fade for a while too.

"It'll feel better I promise. I can maybe figure out a way to do it so you don't have to travel to the stream alot too" he said reassuringly.

131 Posts
Ooc —
No, Sorrel insisted with a shake of her head. Of all the things Sunny could have suggested, it was a stream that he happened to choose. She stayed as far from water as she could (not that he would have known that) and it would remain that way for as long as she could help it.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny cocked his head to the side and frowned before sitting down again and nodding. He could see something about the stream had scared her and wouldn't argue the point. "Alright....we can figure something else out um...the point of the stream was that you stick your injured paw into the water and let it stay there till it goes numb and then you pull it out and repeat the process a few times." He said softly and then thought for a few moments. "I have a similar idea...maybe if we find a patch of deeper snow and I cover your ankle in it, it'll work the same way. Does that sound better?" He asked looking at her for approval. If not he supposed he could ask pema to borrow some Moss and bring it to the stream, dip it in, and bring it back to her that way.

131 Posts
Ooc —
Sorrel looked away from Sunny then, finding herself to be now uninterested in their conversation. She sighed and focused on her paws, placing one over the other as if to calm her nerves. I'm tired, she whispered, the turned over, now facing away from Sunny and toward Addy.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flattened his ears back against his head, feeling stung by her sudden disinterest in their conversation. He cleared his throat and smiled his way through it, wagging his tail slowly. "Um..alright then...I'll go. Rest well Sorrel" he said in a quiet voice and then turned to walk away. He'd find a way to get her ankle better, maybe that would help brighten her up? He didn't know anything about the girl but he was definitely curious about her.