Wild Berry Meadow A pile of corpses that can reach the heavens
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 

Something was brewing. She knew not yet what, or when it would show its colors, but something was coming. She knew herself that their woods weren't particularly populair in a positive way in their neighborhood. Especially the Redhawk pack, whom she had visited a few months prior, had not seemed very pleasantly surprised with her gift nor her kindness. If anything, they probably thought she was trying to poison them. Although that had been quite the possibility, in that moment she had found some sort of alliance to them rather useful. If she were to bring another "gift" of hers to their borders, one could swear it was poisoned after how they had treated her.

But she was not out for her revenge, merely a small trip away from all the dark, everlasting madness of the woods. Though her alliance lay with her family and their woods, she knew naught how strong that bond was. She also didn't see a greater good in their religion - not in any religion, if she was being honest. So if a war would come, she would join whatever side that was more desirable for someone who wanted to stay alive and win.

Her slightly bigger and fatter (compared to her skeletal appearance after her near starvation) form slid out of the shadows into the meadow with ease and confidence. The sky was clouded, much like her mood, and the winter winds sent a slight chill down her silver-streaked spine. But, anything was better than staying home.
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
unlike koume, indra did not feel any semblance of foreboding - she remained unaware of the disquiet that crept over the landscape. her history was not in the kintla flatlands, and as such, while she knew much of its landscape having traveled it before, she had no affinity for the meadows or mountains it held.

she had been resting in the snow, savoring her sore paws with gentle licks when she saw a wolf part from the black forest. in some ways it pulled from the gloom like the sucking of a shadow, and indra felt immediately on alert. while she had not necessarily had strictly bad interactions with blackfeather, she found most of its members somewhat alarming -- with a low whuff she propped herself up onto her elbows, studying the wolf as it headed towards whatever destination it designated. something about the way the wolf prowled made indra's hairs stand on end, though she steeled her expression to remain neutral if the wolf happened to glance her way. eventually, indra surmised, the wolf was bound to notice her -- she was flamboyant red against a backdrop of sickly white and blue.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lost in thought, she had not been aware of the female watching her leave the woods like some stalker. Hell, she found herself to be so unapproachable that one would just look away upon seeing her strange eyes and raised hackles. But there she was, lying in the snow as some kind crazy person. Koume halted, looked behind her to the woods and mumbled a soft; Shit... She didn't want to be associated with those crazy asshats, and now she had probably verified that she came from the place where they worshipped some crazy chaos bringer and kept rotting bodies on the borders. So much for a good first impression.

She sighed as she looked to the female again, making her way to her ever so slowly to see what she wanted to do. Whether it was to scare her or start a conversation was still being debated within her calculating mind.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra was aware she still had time to flee -- as the foreboding shadow made its way over to her she poured over her options. the black wraith looked imposing enough that indra was not sure she wanted to turn her back on her for a hot minute - invariably, it seemed her only option was to simply remain put and hope that her disarming posture would keep any potential aggression at bay.

"hi," she ventured somewhat mistrustfully as the wolf pulled closer, noticing now the silvery ticking along the wolf's hide that distinguished koume from solid black. so far, almost every wolf she had met from that forest was some semblance of black -- indra wondered if they were all related.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She crept closer, stalking like a lioness would her prey, until she was close enough to smell her. Her scent did not remind her of the Teekon much, nor of any pack she had ever traveled to herself. Good, that meant that whatever was brewing wasn't on her mind. Hopefully - most probably. She cleared her throat and directed her mismatched gaze upon the stranger's own with a disregard for proper introductions or anything fancy like that.

You're not from around here. She concluded, wrinkling her forehead with the furrowing of her brows. What are you doing here?
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra somewhat shrank from the stranger's mismatched gaze, fully resenting how she felt like she was being sized up like prey. not many wolves made indra feel comfortable around them -- but this one, it made her feel like she might potentially be dinner.

not a pleasant feeling, personally.

"i'm not." she answered, trying her best to offer a warm smile though the emotion bled from her features the way water might run through a crack. "i'm not sure what i'm doing here. i was from duskvale.. but they're gone. i don't know where. are.. are you from the black woods?" she motioned to the frightening forest with a paw, her gaze sliding from its blackened depths to the strange female before her.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though Koume had regained her appetite, it was not wolf flesh she desired. No, her favorite was huge carcasses with some good leftovers to chew upon. Though rare, she treasured it whenever she did come across one or their wolves caught something of their own. She grinned a toothy, unmeant grin - one only Hades himself could match. She cared little for where the female came from, even less that they were gone now and simply accepted this one wasn't much use for anything. Perhaps she had to reconsider eating her.

Her features fell into a serious frown, looking back at her supposed home with disdain. Only for business. She replied with a shrug.

[Image: tumblr_nsgujefdiv1qehu0oo3_250.gif]
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra did not detect much compassion in her companion's expression - she looked on as the wolf shrugged, as if indifferent to the forest behind them. indifferent save for a frown of disdain.

but indra was not so indifferent, and wished to quit the forest entirely. her stomach roiled in protest as she thought of the grotesque display of defiled and severed bodies. to her, nothing of good nature or soul could perform such a deed.

"oh." she said, not sure what business would bring anyone of sound mind to such a horrible place. she kept that quip to herself, instead looking around them as she struggled with what to say next. "do you know of any other packs around here?"
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She kept quiet then, even when there had passed enough time for her to have rethought telling her of Redhawk Caldera or the pack in the mountains three times or so. Sure, the question made sense for a loner looking for a home, but telling her could also result in a harsh punishment from that piece of shit God. Sharing information with strangers was against her nature she then decided, and she puffed shortly like a little tsundere girl.

Why don't you go search for your Duskvale? She mocked with a frown.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra was many things, but she was not oblivious -- the stiffening posture of the dark wolf suggested perhaps she was nearing the end of her welcome. the cutting barb that followed only cemented that; with a wounded expression, indra cast her a hurt frown and muttered: "ok. fine."

she wasn't thrilled about turning her back on the wolf, but she did so carefully. with one ear fastened back on koume, the small redleaf girl made her exit.