Moonspear Lootcrate's full of geeky-nerdy-sci-fi-comic-booky stuff
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
All Welcome 
The bones crunched underneath his jaws, quite easily. Granted, they were hollow, being bird bones, but it made a satisifying noise. He had already gorged himself on the carcass of some bird — he didn't recognize the species. But it had been tasty nonetheless. He licked at his muzzle and in his mouth, the bits of broken bone stuck in between his teeth.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It had been nice to sleep in her own den once again - feel safe and not hungry for a change. After her talk with Hydra in the evening, Wraen had slept for a very long time, only to emerge from her quarters at unspecified time on the next day. Her feet and muscles still ached from the previous exertion, but it was nowhere as intolerable as it had been in the wilds. Maybe the knowledge that she was not lost anymore and that she could walk and move around as little or as much as she wanted, helped that more than the rest. 

Wraen decided that the first thing she would do, would be finding Terance and tell him all about her adventures. Toning down some of the more difficult aspects of the journey and making the others more colorful and exciting than they had been. On her way, however, she made an unplanned stop, because she noticed an unfamiliar young wolf with firey pelt, lying down and eating a meal. 

Curious she changed her course and approached the young one carefully. "Hello," she greeted him in a friendly manner. "I don't think I have seen you here before?"
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon saw the girl as she approached, but didn't change his body language. Traces of his life-long supremacy as a Melonii in Blackfeather Woods still lingered in his body, though the intense dominance of Hydra was sure to change him soon. Instead his looked up to her casually, his lip curling up into a small smile. Hey. My name is Ganondorf. I'm pretty new.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Ganondorf was a yearling - that much Wraen could tell after the second "up-and-down" visual examination. Though he had reached both the adult size and looks, she thought that he beheld the slight awkwardness of the adolescent. Someone, who is wearing a grown-up's shoes and yet still practicing, how to walk with them properly. 

"I see that," she remarked his unusual coat color and pattern, as well as the facial features that weren't like any of the Ostrega family. "My name is Wraen and I am neither quite new, nor quite old. How did you get here?"
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He cocked his head at her name. Like the bird? He still didn't understand the practice of naming kids after lesser animals. None of the ravens or crows of Blackfeather Woods were named Wolf or Fox. At least that he knew. I climbed, He chuckled. Drogon brought me here. Do you know him? He wasn't sure how close all of these wolves were to each other. It was a different relationship between them than what he was used to. Blackfeather's was almost entirely familial, but here it was a few families...he supposed.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Like the bird," Wraen confirmed, having never thought that her name was anything extraordinary or strange. People were named after myriad of things and creatures and she saw nothing wrong in that. Names defined people, therefore they had to be chosen well and with deliberation.

"What are you named after?" she asked out of curiosity, because Ganondorf was anything but usual and plain name for a person. "I know Drogon," she replied, having had only one lengthy conversation with him and having spotted him here and there in the Moonspear ever since. "Where are you from then?" she asked, smiling, waiting to see, how the boy would twist the answer of this question.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She echoes him, confirming it. He would have honestly been surprised if she had been named after something else. The question of name-origin was turned back to him, and Ganon snerked for a moment, laughing at the irony of his naming. A weak, barely alive pup had been named after someone so powerful. A sorcerer-king, Ganon smiled. I'm not much of one, unfortunately, Barely even a witch like his mother was. He had not furthered into his magical studies ever since she had ended his training, leaving him to connect the dots on his own. A frustrating task that he had left off for the moment.

He wondered how much of his origins was known by the other members of Moonspear.It would be more of a hinderance to him if he lied rather than telling the truth and being shunned. One he could definitely deal with better than the other. But he did deliberate for a long while before finally saying it plainly. Blackfeather Woods,

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"That is impressive," Wraen replied, wondering, what was the story behind the sorcerer-king Ganondorf and whether the kid knew about it himself. "You have plenty of time to become one," she countered and her voice was as earnest as if she was telling the boy that becoming an accountant was a very responsible life-choice.

"Aha..." she accepted the fact, but aside from the personal vendetta the Cerberus had against the pack, she did not have any pre-set impression about the wolves that came from the said place. "Were you born there or where you one of the kidnapped people?"
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He looked up at her, surprise tinging his ember eyes at how plainly she said it. I suppose you're right, He didn't know how exactly to become a sorcerer-king. It would be easy to follow the OG Ganondorf's route, but he didn't live in the same volitile environment as OG Ganon did. Or so he thought. 

Born and raised, He said it with faux cheerfulness, flashing a smirk before it quickly turned. Take that as you will, His words were much more sullen now,

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen got confused at the last remark, though one thought later she realized that by mentioning "kidnapping people" she had been judgemental about the little guy's place of birth and, though she hadn't heard a single good word about the Blackfeather Woods, she had had no right to look down at them. 

"Why did you leave?" she pressed further, not liking the role of interrogator much, but the kid did not seem to be interested in her at all.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
They didn't know much about Blackfeather Woods, of course. It was part of their rules after all. Even if you weren't explicitly told to, something about the forest made people clam up. So he supposed that it was his duty to tell them, now that he sold himself out to Moonspear. I didn't believe in their gods, He murmured. Hard to live along with when your mom's the head priestess, He shrugged. His mother might have flucated in official rank, there was no doubting her authority. You guys don't have a mandatory religion right?

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It still amazed Wraen the even nowadays there were people, who believed in gods to very religious levels. She had not met any herself, but for her the supposedy divine beings, who were in charge of people's lives and fates, were nothing but interesting stories. Legends and myths to color your dull everyday life. 

"Not that I know of," she shook her head. "What kind of religion was it - what gods did they worship?"
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon breathed a sigh of relief. That's good, He didn't like the thought of having to pretend to kowtow to another shrine and murmur random prayers. He wanted to just forget all of this, the Gods, Meldresi, his Mother. If only he could. He was here because his family still lived, and Vaati was a marked man.

He knew she would ask about them, the Gods. Who wouldn't? Many wondered what led the Blackfeather Woods wolves to decorate their forest borders in blood and gore, the markings on their bodies, the immorality. It was all tied back to them. Have you ever heard of the Daedra? They are supposedly powerful spirits. Demons, some might call them. And they are controlled by the Daedric Lords. Gods, I suppose. They are the opposite of the Aedra. Who are — Shit — Ganon paused. This is already convoluted. That's really not that important. He shook his head. Anyway. Blackfeather Woods considers themselves a part of an assassin organization called the Dark Brotherhood. They worship the Daedric God Mephala, who is the Daedric Lord of Lies, Sex, and Murder, and Sithis. Who isn't an Daedra or Aedra. He just...is...death. Emptiness. Entropy. The Void. He was it and was in control of it.

The trouble I had with them is that they did nothing to prove that they existed. And even if they did, nothing suggests that either of them cared. If the stories were correct, Mephala just wants to mess with wolves and create chaos. And Sithis just wants to swallow our souls. Why worship them if they grant us nothing? He looked to her, wondering if she could understand how he felt. No one at home did. They could forgive everything else he did, except deny the truth of their Gods. But couldn't they understand that Mephala didn't care — that she probably created all of their troubles just to mess with them?

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen listened to Ganondorf's story with great interest - all of the deities he mentioned were entirely foreign to her. Apart from the assassin trade, which she had heard legends about, but never known that there were actually people, who dealt with that in real life. 

The only "god" she had believed in at some point, had been "Santa Paws", but the fact that he had never proved his existence either had not been much of a disappointment to her little self. She first had childishly assumed that he had better things to do and around the next time she really thought about him, the little girl had already grown up. 

"My mom used to say that people invented gods to make themselves feel better. The very idea that there is no driving and ruling force behind the world and their fates is otherwise very horrifying," Wraen shared her views on the topic, using the exact same words she had told Charon many months earlier. "Therefore I believe that you will have a welcome change here - our leader Charon doesn't believe in any gods or religion and does not encourage it in others."

Soon after she had said this, she was called out to the boders and had to leave.