Moonspear Lootcrate's full of geeky-nerdy-sci-fi-comic-booky stuff
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon breathed a sigh of relief. That's good, He didn't like the thought of having to pretend to kowtow to another shrine and murmur random prayers. He wanted to just forget all of this, the Gods, Meldresi, his Mother. If only he could. He was here because his family still lived, and Vaati was a marked man.

He knew she would ask about them, the Gods. Who wouldn't? Many wondered what led the Blackfeather Woods wolves to decorate their forest borders in blood and gore, the markings on their bodies, the immorality. It was all tied back to them. Have you ever heard of the Daedra? They are supposedly powerful spirits. Demons, some might call them. And they are controlled by the Daedric Lords. Gods, I suppose. They are the opposite of the Aedra. Who are — Shit — Ganon paused. This is already convoluted. That's really not that important. He shook his head. Anyway. Blackfeather Woods considers themselves a part of an assassin organization called the Dark Brotherhood. They worship the Daedric God Mephala, who is the Daedric Lord of Lies, Sex, and Murder, and Sithis. Who isn't an Daedra or Aedra. He just...is...death. Emptiness. Entropy. The Void. He was it and was in control of it.

The trouble I had with them is that they did nothing to prove that they existed. And even if they did, nothing suggests that either of them cared. If the stories were correct, Mephala just wants to mess with wolves and create chaos. And Sithis just wants to swallow our souls. Why worship them if they grant us nothing? He looked to her, wondering if she could understand how he felt. No one at home did. They could forgive everything else he did, except deny the truth of their Gods. But couldn't they understand that Mephala didn't care — that she probably created all of their troubles just to mess with them?
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
Messages In This Thread