Barrow Fields At least that’s what I could read
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As he sought out that which struck fear into her heart, she took the opportunity to focus on catching her breath; in and out, slowing her breathing and thereby reducing the thunder brewing beneath her breast. A life spent believing in dragons and spirits left her susceptible to all sorts of eerie encounters, her senses often forced into overdrive and honed in on that which most could not recognise. She blamed this for his inability to find the threat that loomed over her but, at the same time, silently thanked him for it; him not picking up on it reminded her that it wasn’t something capable of grabbing her, merely a presence that walked through the depths of a plane much different from their own. “The—,” she stopped herself and shook her head, knowing that it could not be explained. “It’s… it is nothing—it’s gone now.” That was the simplest way to explain it: to simply ignore and write it off as nothing. Besides, it truly had gone now; she suspected that he was to thank for this, the presence of two living creatures being enough to send it off, so she tried to keep her mind from drifting back to it.

Worrying that the thought of it alone might summon whatever ghoul had been stalking her, she was grateful when he changed the topic. “The coast…?” she parroted, only now realising just how far she’d travelled. “I did not know. I’ve—I have never been here before.” Had she really reached the ocean? Her arrival there hadn’t exactly been planned but, looking beyond her confusion over how to feel about it, she wasn’t exactly disappointed. Sure, it wasn’t the mountains or anywhere else near her place of birth, but it also wasn’t too bad of a place to be—beyond where they currently were, she assumed. The open expanse of land continued to unsettle her, something about it just not letting her settle down fully.

At the mention of her pack—she was far more used to hearing that word used over tribe than her mother had ever been—she felt a wave of sorrow wash over her. As quickly as it came in, however, it was gone, pushed away by her desire to keep from returning; she was not on bad terms with her family, she’d just decided that it was time to set out on her own and experience life. “I wasn’t separated from them,” she answered with a shake of her head. “I… I left them—why?” Only after answering did she stop to ask herself why? Had she been lost, would he have offered to help her find her way home? She couldn’t grasp the relevance of the question and looked forward to being enlightened.
Messages In This Thread
At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - December 29, 2017, 04:53 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - December 29, 2017, 07:00 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - December 29, 2017, 07:37 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - December 31, 2017, 02:45 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 01, 2018, 08:17 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - January 06, 2018, 09:37 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 08, 2018, 01:02 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - January 15, 2018, 03:46 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 24, 2018, 02:25 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - February 04, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - March 19, 2018, 02:07 AM